June new starters join here

laura86

I all I started CD SS on 22nd June my starting weight was 15st1lb and my first weigh in is Thursday and I can't wait.
I'm trying to lose 3 stone for my jan wedding but would love to lose 4.
Anyone else started their journey in June? Be good to have some buddies going through the highs and lows at the same time x :D

I started a week earlier than you on the 15th June. Starting weight 14st10lb and I just want to lose what I can for health reasons really. I'm festering and need to get some get up and go! My target at the moment is 12st but hopefully I'll lose more. I'm a little target at a time person, seems more likely to happen!

sarahj16 said:
I started a week earlier than you on the 15th June. Starting weight 14st10lb and I just want to lose what I can for health reasons really. I'm festering and need to get some get up and go! My target at the moment is 12st but hopefully I'll lose more. I'm a little target at a time person, seems more likely to happen!

Which plan ate you following? I think making small goals at a time is a good idea and hopefully keep you focused. I'm only on day 5 so at the min just trying to get to Thursday my first weigh in then may set a mini goal.
What day is your weigh in?
Have you taken photos for motivation?

Hi I started CD SS on the 25 June just finished day 2 start weight 16st1lb hope to get to 9st10lb. How you fining it?? x

I'm on SS+ as I need to chew something at least once a day! Weigh day is Thursday so same as you just a week ahead :eek:) which plan are you doing?
My biggest problem at the moment is 2 teenage daughters who delight in eating my favourite foods (I know, they have to eat but it's really frustrating!) My motivation is pretty good at the moment though and I'm not at all hungry so that helps.

I am off camping for a long weekend on the 5th and in all honesty I'm not going to be sticking to the diet while I'm away as I don't get to go away often so intend to enjoy myself - it's a group of friends and our labradors, about 40 people and 30 dogs and very sociable - huge BBQ etc I will try to be good but know I'm likely to put on a couple of pounds. Not looking forward to going through the first few days again after until I get back into ketosis though!

sarahj16 said:
I'm on SS+ as I need to chew something at least once a day! Weigh day is Thursday so same as you just a week ahead :eek:) which plan are you doing?
My biggest problem at the moment is 2 teenage daughters who delight in eating my favourite foods (I know, they have to eat but it's really frustrating!) My motivation is pretty good at the moment though and I'm not at all hungry so that helps.

I am off camping for a long weekend on the 5th and in all honesty I'm not going to be sticking to the diet while I'm away as I don't get to go away often so intend to enjoy myself - it's a group of friends and our labradors, about 40 people and 30 dogs and very sociable - huge BBQ etc I will try to be good but know I'm likely to put on a couple of pounds. Not looking forward to going through the first few days again after until I get back into ketosis though!

I'm doing ss as I can't just have a little food I will gradually have another spoon full each day and before I know it I will be eating a huge pile so I've taken food out of the equation.
It's so hard when there's temptation in the house one of my boys is only 3 months so that's fine but my 2 year old regards chips as his friends lol.
I think if I were you I would take a few days out and enjoy myself breaks away don't happen all the time. I think I'm in ketosis now as I no longer have the headache shakey feeling which as you know is awful but only 3-4 days out of a lifetime.

saz_181 said:
Hi I started CD SS on the 25 June just finished day 2 start weight 16st1lb hope to get to 9st10lb. How you fining it?? x

Well done on finishing day 2 my partner started the same time as me and quit after day one lol. We have a similar weight loss goal have you thought of a goal date or are you taking each day as it comes and setting mini ones?
Day 4 was the hardest for me so far with headache etc especially with a new baby crying but I've now finished day 5 and feeling so much more positive. How have your first days been?

Hi, was really hungry yesterday but so far so good today. I havent really got a goal date hoping to lose at the very least 3 stone by the end of September (my birthday) I turn 30 this year and really want to get my weight under control.

When is your WI? I'm dreading my first weekend on this I like my treats on the weekends x

saz_181 said:
Hi, was really hungry yesterday but so far so good today. I havent really got a goal date hoping to lose at the very least 3 stone by the end of September (my birthday) I turn 30 this year and really want to get my weight under control.

When is your WI? I'm dreading my first weekend on this I like my treats on the weekends x

Hopefully your hunger will go mine seems to be trailing off now :) I'm just struggling not having milk in my tea as I used to drink so many cups a day. September is an achievable time frame and it's good you've got your birthday to aim for. I'm doing it for my wedding in jan.
My weigh in is tomorrow it's my first one and I'm really looking forward to it just a little nervous.
Weekends aren't a problem for me really as I'm on maternity leave each day is the same really.
If I'm really struggling one day I split my shakes up so have lots of mini meals x

Hi, I also started in June. 23rd.
This is my fourth day now and my hunger is slowly subsiding. :) nice to see other new starters on here x

Hi, I started ss on the 13th June. My starting weight was 18st 5.5lb. So far I have lost 1st 0.5lb.
I want to lose at least another 6st to get to a target weight of 11st.

Good luck to everyone else on your weight loss journeys! :D x

Eloise2104 said:
Hi, I also started in June. 23rd.
This is my fourth day now and my hunger is slowly subsiding. :) nice to see other new starters on here x

I think this is the worst bit once the hunger goes it should get a lot easier I'm hoping anyway :)

I've started again on SS+, 3 years after my first attempt! Lost 3 stone last time around but put all back on plus some for luck!! Started again today and my new CDC said I d only do SS+ as she'd need to write to my GP otherwise... (have just moved Friday so don't have a GP yet)! Hoping to do well and make it to maintenance!

saz_181 said:
Anyone had problems keeping their shakes down?? :(

Oh no they seem to agree with me the only thing that made me feel sick was the tomato soup. Hopefully it's just a big and you will be fine with them :(

ELAY said:
I've started again on SS+, 3 years after my first attempt! Lost 3 stone last time around but put all back on plus some for luck!! Started again today and my new CDC said I d only do SS+ as she'd need to write to my GP otherwise... (have just moved Friday so don't have a GP yet)! Hoping to do well and make it to maintenance!

Hi if youve done it before I'm sure you can do it again. 3stone is amazing that what I want to achieve. If you don't mind me asking I've seen a few people come back to the diet after putting the weight back on do you have to be careful with what you eat for the rest of your life or can you have the odd meal out or takeaway after youve reached goal weight? :D

Thanks Laura! :)

I'm getting on really well with it. I found the first week really hard especially day 4 & 5 but I woke up on day 6 feeling fantastic! :D

I went back to the gym today as well and I feel fab now! x

Hello, I joined on Friday 22.6.12 at 10am, weight 12 stone, height 5ft 6.5", good luck everyone

Hi I started 7th June. Just finished day 21 and I've lost 13lb so far. I'm finding the last few days hard and I've had a couple of bits of chicken breast but not a stitch more!

I'm determined to do at least one more week
SS and see where it gets me next Wednesday. Some days I have to take it one day or even 1 hour at a time and others I just sail through the day??

I need to lose another 3 stones ish.

I dont miss junk food one bit, it's proper, savoury food I have to tell myself out loud sometimes to 'leave it alone!'

Hope you're all well x

Kellmo

Week 1, -7lb | Week 2, - 2lb (different scales, new CDC) | Week 3, -4lb

Back