June weight loss challenge

pratainua

Silver Member
Hi,

As it's June 01st, I have started a June weight loss challenge. I am currently very motivated so I just need something to keep me on track.

It's the same format as the May one as that worked perfectly.
I normally weigh in on a Friday so I am going to put my start weight to keep me on track as it will be different to my Friday weigh ins.
Gosh, I hope I can hold on to this enthusiasm!

So here goes - no need to put a start date if you don't want just your target
Pratainua - 216.0lb Target 8lbs (0lb lost, 8lb to go)

I might add that I am up 0.4lb since yesterday.
I will work on it to day though. I want to be down something by tomorrow as it's my proper weigh in day.

Morning, May for me wasn't good but June 1st sees me at 73.7kg which is a bit down.
Friday is normally weigh in but will record todays as official as it is only one day out.
I know I have hit the "hard end" and looking to lose half a kilo a week so that's 2kg for the month.

Tipperary 73.7kg Target 2kg (0kg lost, 2kg to go)

Good to have another on board.
I need to feel answerable I think and as I don't attend a class this is where I will report my weigh in.
Like I said no need to put a start weight if you don't want.
Target for the month is enough.

I'd like to lose 7lbs this month which would get me to my 4 stone award!
First weigh in of the month today and 1lb gone so only 6 more to go :)

Welcome aboard.
Have updated the list. Hope it's ok now.

Determined_one Target 7lb (1lb lost, 6lb to go)
GaGirl Target 7lb (0lb lost, 7lb to go)

Well, first weigh in of the month and I am down 0.8lb since yesterday. A bit hard to believe since I am only down 1.4lb over the whole week. I am disciplined Monday to Friday though and not great at the weekends so that might explain it.

Forgot update!!!

Pratainua - 216.0lb Target 8lbs (o.8lb lost, 7.2lb to go)

Well done Pratainua, that's a great loss.

Looking at the list my goal is quite low towards everyone elses, only 4.4lbs.
But I am very short and a pound for me is quite a lot.
I will try and hope we all reach our goal this month

Enough Target 11lb (0lbs lost, 11lbs to go)

Hiya! WI is Saturday mornings - I love that this is an individual challenge with mutual support - Lovely approach!

Tipperary - you're doing this the fun way, and the more sustainable way too - I might be having big losses but the method is renowned for people putting it all back on again, and it's quite restrictive for life style, so what you're doing is both more sensible AND more fun! xx

Tipperary - you're doing this the fun way, and the more sustainable way too - I might be having big losses but the method is renowned for people putting it all back on again, and it's quite restrictive for life style, so what you're doing is both more sensible AND more fun! xx
6 months

Thanks, I have enough going on without needing huge pressure of a very restrictive diet too. And with uncertain work hours I often have to eat or exercise when I can.
About 10 years ago I was 85 kilos (BMI of over 36 I think) and dropped to 66 kilos (BMI about 29) in 6 months but it took every minute of every day and I wouldn't have been able to focus on much else. I wasn't working much at the time and when I returned to full time work I gained weight again (slowly over about 3 years). I have learnt with me though that exercise is as important as the food, I wont lose weight by dieting alone.

Anyway, I hope we all have a good week.

6 months

Thanks, I have enough going on without needing huge pressure of a very restrictive diet too. And with uncertain work hours I often have to eat or exercise when I can.
About 10 years ago I was 85 kilos (BMI of over 36 I think) and dropped to 66 kilos (BMI about 29) in 6 months but it took every minute of every day and I wouldn't have been able to focus on much else. I wasn't working much at the time and when I returned to full time work I gained weight again (slowly over about 3 years). I have learnt with me though that exercise is as important as the food, I wont lose weight by dieting alone.

Anyway, I hope we all have a good week.

I'm at about 88kgs now having been doing this consistently since Feb (started at about 109kgs, so 20kgs gone in about 3 months or so). I do sometimes find it hard to concentrate on other things, and I'm only half way there! I've not had a drink in 3 months, or meals out, or even family meals really at the mo. It's not sustainable and although I'm getting all my nutrients, water, etc, it's not very healthy and I'm having nothing fresh. It'll be worth it, but it is really hard and the support from you guys is absolutely crucial! So Thank You! xx

Tipperary I think your goals are more realistic than mine. I may have to revis them but I will see how June goes.
I have a lot to lose and am at the start of the journey (not the first journey!!) so hope to lose more.
I am great Monday to Friday but really relax it over the weekend. BH this weekend so ther goes Monday too.
I am rubbish at the exercise though. I just find it difficult with children in tow.

Enough I admire your discipline. I could never have stuck to it like you have. You have amazing strength. I like that you see this as a way to get you to where to a point and then you will start a new journey.

Well best of luck to us all and let's hope The motivation sticks for me.

i WOULD LIKE TO JOIN PLEASE.

lost 1/2lb this week. Do we copy and paste - which I have just done??

NannyDoreen Target 3lbs. (1/2lb lost) 2.1/2 to go. FRIDAY

Welcome aboard Nanny Doreen!
Friday is my weigh in day too.
Fingers crossed I will lose something!

Down 1.4lb this morning. Happy with that! I hope to remain focused over the weekend (my downfall!)

Pratainua - 216.0lb Target 8lbs (2.2lb lost, 5.8lb to go)

Well, my consultant is away this morning, so I have weighed myself and I'm 13.8.. only trouble is, I'm not sure what I was last Saturday!! hahaha oops! haha I think I was 13.12, so I'll put 4lbs off, but if I find I've got it wrong, I'll just correct it!!

Enough Target 11lb (4lbs lost, 7lbs to go)

Well done Enough! You can always update it later if it isn't right.
It's a great loss.

I just discovered that my ticker was incorrect and I have more to lose than I thought. I have fixed it and I now have 52.8lb to lose to get to 11st 7lb. I should be aiming to get to 10st 7lb really but I don't think I could make that, though I have achieved 11st 7lb before so I know that is achievable.

I have lost nearly 10lb so I am on the right track!

Well, my consultant is away this morning, so I have weighed myself and I'm 13.8.. only trouble is, I'm not sure what I was last Saturday!! hahaha oops! haha I think I was 13.12, so I'll put 4lbs off, but if I find I've got it wrong, I'll just correct it!!

Enough Target 11lb (4lbs lost, 7lbs to go)

6/5/17 : 14.10
13/5/17: 14.8
20/5/17: 14.2
27/5/17: 14.1
3/6/17: 13.12
10/6/17: 13.8

Yep, definitely right :) Hurrah! :D

Back