Junk food / takeaway alternatives

Most of my excess weight is due to eating far too may takeaways, McDonalds and KFC etc. I didn't used to eat them purely for convenience, I love that type of food. But it's obvious that if I want to lose weight they simply have to go :wave_cry:

The past 10 days or so I've been eating very healthily, stir frys etc but now is the point that I would normally 'cheat' on a diet as I miss the foods that I used to eat.

Tonight I had my McXenical - burger, chips and beans for 694 calories and 10.2g of fat. I had to make slight compromises to keep within the Xenical boundaries...

Quorn burger - 73 cals 2.4g fat (4.8/100)
Burger bun - 160 cals 2.4g fat (4.0/100)
Asda 'good for you' oven chips 200g portion - 310 cals 5.0g fat (2.5/100)
Beans - 1/2 tin 151 cals 0.4g fat (0.2/100)

So does anyone have any other Xenical style alternatives to 'junk food' and takeaways?

I've always made our own burgers and now I do it with lean mince, blenty of salad and a brown bun! Mmmm, better than any take away burger!

But you can also, make stir fry, I do sweet and sour chicken with fresh noodles and fry light spray and bulk it out with peppers etc... Also, I left a recipe in another thread on here for a soup that always satisfy any curry craving I have and its just sweet potato basically...

You just need to be creative :) Make your own wedges etc...

There you go!

Sweet potato soup with a kick!

Two sweet potatoes
Chilli Powder
Big onion
Lentils
Fry light
Veg Boullion Stock (get it from asda next to the stocks)

Peel and slice your sweet potatoes, dice your onion, get your oil nice and hot and chuck your onions in, brown them slightly, chuck your sweet potato in and brown, add half a teaspoon of chilli powder (mine is very hot chilli powder, so I don't add much at all) turn itall over, then cover it with boiling water and add 4 table spoons of veg boullion and let it boil. When its all soft, mash it like mash potato. It should be so soft you don't need to blend it.

Back