Just a couple of things

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Fat-Boy-Slimmin, 29 July 2010 Social URL.

1. Fat-Boy-Slimmin

Fat-Boy-Slimmin On a mission

Does anyone know if the Strictly SS Forum is still available, or is it no longer used? I've requested access, but not heard anything back yet.

I had a look around this website earlier in the year and the Cambridge area seemed really popular, but there doesn't seem to be so many people around now.

Is that normal for this time of year, or are people doing SW instead? Most of the time there seems to be 4 times more people in the SW area. :(

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. sumayyah

sumayyah please try again

Start Weight:
    23st6lb
    Current Weight:
    17st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st13lb(25.3%)
    Diet:
    was cambridge now exante
    we tend to get bursts of new starters on cambridge. after christmas we see a surge as do other sections and of course the pre summer season, folks wanting the weight off before thier holiday.

slimming world does have more members as for many cambridge and the like are seen as last resort diets also alot see them as diets for the morbidly obese.

4. Fat-Boy-Slimmin

Yes, it's understandable about more or less people being around at different times of the year.

It's a shame people don't realise Cambridge can be for anyone at any stage though.

5. sumayyah

sumayyah please try again

Start Weight:
    23st6lb
    Current Weight:
    17st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st13lb(25.3%)
    Diet:
    was cambridge now exante
    see the thing is until recently cambridge didnt advertise so people who wanted to lose a stone or two wouldnt have even thought of the possibility, all they know about cambridge is its a meal replacement diet so alot im sure would just discount it as a possibility for them

i know when i started thinking of weight loss in my teens cambridge never even entered my head, dispite my parents having done it ( and sold it ) in the 80's/90's. insted i went the slimming world route to start, the RC, WW, CC, SF, atkins, xenical. it was only when i was at the end of my tether did i google cambridge

6. Fisherman

Fisherman Silver Member

have tried to get into priviate forums as well with no luck :-(

7. Funky Mum

Funky Mum Silver Member

Me too. Wonder if its still in use?

I never thought this would be something I would do either, but I'm loving it and glad I looked into it instead of just pah pahing the idea of meal replacement diets.

8. Funky Mum

Funky Mum Silver Member

I've asked about the forum in techy support.

9. Fat-Boy-Slimmin

Sadly it seems that more people are now using a different forum. So I'm torn between which one to use. :(

10. lemonpillows

lemonpillows Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st1lb
    Current Weight:
    14st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st5lb(18.58%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    oh.. Which forum?

11. Fat-Boy-Slimmin

I don't think I am allowed to say without getting my bottom spanked.

12. lemonpillows

lemonpillows Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st1lb
    Current Weight:
    14st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st5lb(18.58%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
  13. DappyMare

DappyMare Girl on a mission

Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan
    think you'll find that now its holiday season lots of people dont bother with cambridge or are having a break, but sure it'll get busier when christmas party season looms after the summer hols :D

14. Fat-Boy-Slimmin

Yes, I do understand about there being less people on here at different times in the year. I have nothing at all against this forum, it's just that there are currently more people on the other forum. Both forums will obviously have an increase of people after the summer holidays, but there will probably still be more people on the other forum.

More people potentially means more help and support. I'm just trying to work out which one to commit to, as I don't think I'll have time for both. :cry:

15. Fat-Boy-Slimmin

I should add that I prefer the atmosphere on this forum. It seems very friendly and I have seen no sign of bickering or arguing. At least not yet anyway. Whereas I've already seen it on the other one and there is something that doesn't feel quite right.

I also prefer the layout of the forum here.

16. lemonpillows

lemonpillows Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st1lb
    Current Weight:
    14st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st5lb(18.58%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I find this one easier to use personally. And there's information on other diets here, which you don't get on the other forum.

I felt a little uneasy in the other forum. Still trying it out though.

17. Funky Mum

Funky Mum Silver Member

I'm in now, did you get access?

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. Fat-Boy-Slimmin

I now have access, but I was warned that it was rather quiet there. I am now trying to work out the best place to be.

I suppose the ideal solution would be to go and round up some people to come here. :D

20. Pinklace

Pinklace Full Member

Start Weight:
    10.2kg
    Current Weight:
    9.2kg
    Goal Weight:
    6.8kg
    Lost(%):
    1kg(9.82%)
    Diet:
    Slim Fast for a boost then will move to Slimming World
    I use the other forum as well i find the info more useful but i find here good as well

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.