Just a grouchy starter with gallstone attack fear

bluecatlady

Hi everyone, joined looking for some motivation to start losing weight because honestly, it just seems like a lot of work.

Having not been the weight I'm looking to get down too since I was about a young teen I don't remember what normal feels like and therefore do not find the weight loss in itsself to be a motivator.

I did join slimmers world last year and dropped a stone and a half in three weeks, but due to the sudden onset of gallstone attack caused by my excess rapid weight loss I spent a lot of time in bed with people very kindly bringing what they could to do and to eat as they went about their painfree lives. I am extremly gratefull for the help as the pain is crippling and taking painkillers without eating is a nauseating experience.

Due to this and my total fear of more attacks I stayed away from very low fat, (don't want those hobbible stones mobalising again now) and slowly put the weight back on.

Now I'm a hypothyroid sufferer with gallstones, ibs and anxiety.:break_diet:

I'd laugh more but, I don't know what to laugh at.

Dispite my gloomy status I really am looking for tips, hints ideas and general motivation.

Would love to hear from anyone who has lost the kind of massive weight I need to lose. I could totally do with someone to believe it's possible, on this estimated four year slog.

Bah, I didnt want to be so gloomy!

Hi Ireneh. Yes I have and the answer was I would strongly suggest you lose some weight. I asked about gallstones attacks again and his reply was well, that could happen any time but it's more important you loose weight. Here have some standard pain killers. Not very good huh?
I've done a lot of research and it would seem as long as I keep enough fat which only have to be a few % in my diet they should not break down too fast. You can apparently eat yourself free of them which is my hope.

My last attempt at slimmers world the lady running group did not explain to me the importance of syns so I didn't eat more than 2 a day every other day thinking I'd loose weight faster. I did, but Boy did I pay for it with pain. When I went back and tried to explain my diet/ gallstones problem she was less than helpfull. It was My moving from a very high fat to very low eat diet which triggered my gallstone problem but thou I did not expected her to be an expert I would have appreciated least some sympathy with my problem with the diet.

Now I'm making sure I have saw a few points of butter in mash for example or maybe I use all my healthy extra a milk. I'm hopefully for less attacks this time.
Thank you for your interest :)

Back