just a little rant - so annoying!

angelj

Taking a second to vent here...

My boyfriend's mother means well - in fact she does more for us than anyone could EVER imagine. I don't think we will ever have to spend a day suffering thanks to her.

I am quite thankful - we get along very well but sometimes she drives me nuts. I think that is normal for any mom/mother-in-law/you know what I mean type... lol

So, she introduced me to the Dukan Diet - she got the book from one of her clients who lost 35 lbs on it. I am very thankful but one thing drives me NUTS - every single time I see her (which is weekly) or speak to her (she emails or text messages me almost daily) she manages to ask "how is the diet? hows it going on the diet? you are making what?? can you eat that?"

I know she means well, but she's starting to drive me nuts. She's a teeny tiny woman and tends to exaggerate about people who are a bit heavy - with me as a size 8 but usually 10 I feel like she is always thinking I need to be thinner now! At lunch today she commented asking if it was "healthy enough" She even said when she handed the book to me, "here, and I was thinking this could be great since bikini season is almost around the corner!"

AHHH - I know, she means well, but does anyone understand how I feel??

Just had to vent this - I don't want to bother my g/fs and theres no way I'll tell my bf - even though she drives him nuts most of the time, LOL

thanks for listening. feel free to share your own stories!

She means well.
Be patient with her and let her know of your progress.
I will be forever grateful to Irina for introducing me to this diet in 2008.

My Dad asks me nearly every time I ring him how much I weigh!! Ii know this is my fault because, during my lengthy 11 stone weight loss, I probably (ok definitely!) bored everyone senseless with every mouthful I ate and every gramme I lost... but now, with stabilisation far more difficult than losing ever was, I tense up immediately each and every time I ring him!

I try to tell myself that it's my reaction to his question which needs work, rather than his question (cos he's merely showing he cares etc etc etc), but it's tough at times not biting back!!

It took me years to stop finding everything my mother-in-law said or did annoying, nowadays I don't allow myself to get too wound up (usually) as I know she adores her family which is far more important than letting little things get to me. She is a tiny, skinny woman who has spent years making negative comments about my husbands weight - which I hated as I could see it hurt him - now when he and I have done so well on this diet she tells him whenever she sees him that he's not to lose too much! However, she does it because she cares! I'm sure I'll be annoying my daughter-in-law in years to come!

What we really ought to do is answer politely the dreaded question / comment, and then come out with one ourselves. (And how are your corns?)

HAHA yes I love that idea !!!

Back