Just a quick hello

Discussion in 'Dukan Diet' started by Icanyoucandothe, 20 April 2011 Social URL.

1. Icanyoucandothe

Icanyoucandothe Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Hi everyone, due to start the Dukan on Friday have already said my introductions in the main forum, but thought I should show my face in here too. Have many questions about the diet, things that are different when you read stuff on the internet from what is written in the book, will get my list together and bombard you with them all tomorrow.
    Thanks,
    Jill x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. scrumper

scrumper Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st6.0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st8lb
    Lost(%):
    2st13.2lb(19.07%)
    Diet:
    Dukan / bodytrim
    hi and welcome
    post away im sure we can help in someway

4. Emmma

Emmma grammar police

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st13lb(28.21%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Welcome Jill, I'm sure you'll find all your answers here - ask away. There are some things that appear in the book that don't really work in practise based on collective experience so you've got a head start with the trial and error aspect of it all.

5. Vickki

Vickki Full Member

Diet:
    Dukan Diet
    Hi Jill ;) and good luck on your journey xxxxxxxx

6. Icanyoucandothe

Icanyoucandothe Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Ok here goes

Thanks everyone for your offers of help. In the book unless I'm going blind I see no mention of weighing out Dairy products, but when I have looked on the internet people are saying 1kg of Dairy what is correct? also the unlimited protein (watching eggs though) is that still right? Now onto water, 1 and a half litres of fluids the book says but no mention of an upper limit (couldn't see that anyway) but I have read on the net that you should have no more than 2 litres. To tell you the truth, the more I read the more I'm confused. Also the attack can be 5 to 10 days long,which common sense tells me that the longer you are on the better weight loss but apparently people say no to that too. So any help on these would be great, also any other pitfall thats anyone came across in the beginning would help too.
    I have done many diets in the past so know what things can stall you so will be sticking to mainly chicken, beef, fish, seafood and egg whites oh and the delicious looking oat bran. I have cleared all cupboards of crap and now only have Dukan friendly stuff in the house. Oh one more thing, diet cherry coke??? a no no?:) maybe I'll stick to water!! lol.
    Thanks again, Jill.

7. I_dream_slim

I_dream_slim Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st10lb
    Current Weight:
    19st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Hiya-have you been onto the dukan site and worked out your true weight. This will also tell you how long you should be in attack for. There seems to be no proven greater weight loss for how long you are on attack for. I think its all relative and if you are bigger you'll lose more etc etc-the calculator online gives you a realistic and sensible option of attack for your size so id go with that. (if the site isnt under maintenance...grrr)

Both the book and the coaching site do not give an upper limit of dairy but i think its a case of everything in moderation. If you are having 4 yoghurts a day and your weight loss stagnates you'll know why...

Unlimited protein is a YES but again its the the case of not completely stuffing yourself just because you COULD eat 5 chickens a day. Eat until you are full and if you get peckish have chicken or something dukan friendly in the fridge to snack on...a snack for me might be a couple of chicken legs if im peckish...but obviously im eating in accordance with my current weight too-which is greater than those who have already lost a lot with this-never the less the weights dropping off!

hehe...re the diet cherry coke...i havnt looked...the general rule is if its 1 cal a glass or less its ok. Diet coke, dr pepper zero and sprite zero all come under this catagory...he list fanta on the coaching site but i cant find one low cal enough!! The coaching site does also say you can have sugar free squash (a new thing again!! which im not realy using yet as not bored of lovely water in this heat) and also sugar free jelly which you may not have come across yet.

Hope that helps a little from a well educated newbie myself, xxx

8. scrumper

scrumper Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st6.0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st8lb
    Lost(%):
    2st13.2lb(19.07%)
    Diet:
    Dukan / bodytrim

you will be fine hun just come on here and look at the menu thread if you get stuck x

9. Maintainer

Maintainer ** Chief WITCH **

Start Weight:
    141kg
    Current Weight:
    69.3kg
    Goal Weight:
    65.0kg
    Lost(%):
    71.7kg(50.85%)
    Diet:
    Self devised
    Excellent post IDS...

I - just to fill in a few gap - don't forget that the English Dukan book is a translation of the French original written many years ago, with some additions for the English palate. Since the French original came out, he's been working on his diet through personalised consultations and his French official website so there is a wealth of knowledge out there that you won't necessarily find in a book. Up to you though.

To recap:
    - 1K maximum of fat free dairy (find your own level - I stall on far less);
    - length of attack is determined really by your start weight. At your weight, five days would be fine. Three minimum if you're struggling without veg/salad. More than five and you could well experience constipation and not necessarily lose any more than if you moved on. Up to you.
    - water - down to common sense really. I drink far more than 2L if I'm thirsty and in the current heat, I definitely do. Keep plenty of water coming to help your kidneys with all this protein.
    - cherry coke no. Unless it's less than one calorie a glass, which I doubt.

Pitfalls? New people often start without thinking of menus, getting in the right foods, clearing diaries of difficult "can't resist" engagements, lose the plot and disappear. It doesn't sound as if you're going to be one of those so...
    Open a diary, tell us more about yourself, and post menus! Join us anywhere and everywhere, and never hesitate to ask questions!

10. Icanyoucandothe

Icanyoucandothe Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Great Help!!!

Thanks everyone!!! That has cleared up loads for me. So trial and error with the dairy then, luckily not a great lover of all things dairy anyway so 500g will probably do me. So glad we can drink more than 2 litres of water as I think it really helps with hunger. Actually looking forward to starting tomorrow and it helps that I have my husband doing it too. So off to look at some menus on here and then off to the freezer to defrost everything I need. Oh before I get lost in the menus, we are or should I say WERE big crisp eaters (yep, thats what got us here!!) but I know now that breaking that night time habit of crunching through a family sized bag each is going to be hard to break, has anyone got any ideas what we can replace that with as all the proteins I have are soft and nothing is going to give us that "crunch". This is just for attack really as raw veg will compensate later. Maybe I should try burning the chicken?:D
    Jill

11. BettyDraper

BettyDraper Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st9lb
    Current Weight:
    15st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.74%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World/Calorie Counting
    HI Jill

Good luck with the diet. I am fairly new to it too and finding new things on here all the time. I read about the Goji berries yesterday, I didn´t know you could have them at all before that and I love them. So I just bought myself some of those to get me through the long weekend. If you like them, may be an idea of something to snack on in the evenings. They don´t really crunch, but you can chew them and then spend hours picking the bits out of your teeth! :D I think you can have one tablespoon a day on attack, but check as I say I am new!

12. Icanyoucandothe

Icanyoucandothe Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Hi Betty, thanks for that. Will look into it but I have tried then before and wasn't that impressed with them (mine were yoghurt coated ones, lol). Maybe i'll try tiny shreds of chicken in the actifry with no oil ;) and see if that makes some kind of yummy snack, can't see it myself but you never know. I will keep you all posted if I can come up with something exciting.
    Jill

13. Maintainer

Start Weight:
    141kg
    Current Weight:
    69.3kg
    Goal Weight:
    65.0kg
    Lost(%):
    71.7kg(50.85%)
    Diet:
    Self devised
    Crunch is alas something which I too miss on attack and PP days (and on PV days, remember to keep your quantities of protein higher than the veg - 66/33% is usually recommended).

Getting out of certain bad habits while dieting, like nibbling in front of the TV at night, is a good thing (but, once in PV, if desperate, you can make a few celeriac crisps!).

Goji berries are quite high in carbs, which is why we don't mention them to new people. I'd not go there until you're seeking some variety a few weeks/months down the line. (They're excellent in oatbran muffins with some sweetener - almost a "fruit cake" taste/texture).

I "cured" the evening nibbling, weekends at least cos weekday evenings I don't have dessert, by eating my dessert later in the evening... if that helps!

Good luck!

14. Icanyoucandothe

Icanyoucandothe Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Thanks Joanne, what kinds of dessert? Egg custard, sugar free jelly, yoghurt? I want to keep my eggs really low as I have quite high cholesterol so the custards are out. Might try some sugar free jelly though, is this ok on attack? As for the crunch, i cut up tiny pieces of chicken added spices and chilli flakes and put them in the Actifry for about 15 mins (they could have been anything really,LEATHER lol) Let them cool and made a dip of fat free Fromage Frais and pepper and dried mint (please don't tell me I cant have these!!! arghhh) They weren't half bad!! The dip helps though. Saving them for tonight as our "crisps".

15. Maintainer

Start Weight:
    141kg
    Current Weight:
    69.3kg
    Goal Weight:
    65.0kg
    Lost(%):
    71.7kg(50.85%)
    Diet:
    Self devised
    Sugar free jelly is fine on attack. Your crispy chicken sounds good! No worries there!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.