Just bought a steamer! Herb question!

jodidi

Silver Member
Treated myself to a steamer, and im loving it! Me and hubby and little one have been having the same salad and veggies for the last 2 days because they taste so goooood! I tell ya, new potatoes in the steamer have so much more flavour!

Anyway, it says in the instructions that that you shouldnt put herbs in the water compartment but that there is a compartment that you put them in and the steam infuses the food with the herbs. I have looked and I cant see where this compartment is. I doesnt tell you in the instructions. Does anyone use a steamer who may know where it is.

Thanks all :D

Mine doesn't have any extra compartment (it is rather old though!) I'd just put it on or around the veg.

I just have a 3 tier sauce pan steamer, too. Don't know if you can do this with your fancier one, but I chuck a stock cube in the tattie water and once everything's done I reduce it down for a minute or so, and drizzle it over my veg. Really yummy, and it means you are still eating the nutrients that have leeched into the water.

been considering getting one can anyone recommend a decent cheap one?

and jodidi is that your kid in ur profile pic what a cutie he is!!

X

I got one in Sainburys for £10 (Be Good To Yourself 3 Tier Steamer)

been considering getting one can anyone recommend a decent cheap one?

and jodidi is that your kid in ur profile pic what a cutie he is!!

Yep he's my little baby, he's two & he takes after his dad, thank goodness, lol!.

Eye6769, :D, lol, £10 for a kid! You can have mine for a fiver, but I guarantee you'll pass him back sharpish, lol!

Yes there is a bit that the juices from the veg go into so maybe thats what they're on about, I shall try that, thanks! :D

Depends what you call cheap. I paid £30 for a tricity one from tesco. It has a one yr guarantee with tesco and they are great at taking stuff back. It is digital and stainless steel it works really well and looks great on the worktop!

Jodidi, 'god luv im' he looks gorgeous, butter wouldnt melt in his mouth, enjoy every minute coz youll turn round one day and he will be grown x x

Steamers are excellent! Thats always how we've cooked veg in my house! any seasoning (for us its normally just salt), we just put on the veg itself xxx

Back