Just can't do it

Tiffy

Alright. I figured I really need help because I've started doing excercising and eating better but I never stick to it.
I'm the worst nightmare of a person who wants to lose weight so I'm just going to explain a few things about myself. I don't want it to sound like whining, I'm just trying to be honest about myself.

A year and a half ago my life completely changed. I moved from germany to england to live with my english boyfriend. Completely different food and different ways to eat. The pounds started coming. We now eat one warm meal a day (I didn't use to do that in germany) and it's mostly in the evening. He comes home quite late so we eat tea around 7-8.30 pm.
Because It's so late we mostly just eat chicken or fish that we put in the oven with some chips or wedges.
I'm a person who has problems to get motivated, I get frustrated very quickly and then I give up. Not a good trait but I don't know how to stop it.
I basically have no friends over here, so no one I could exercise with. I also have money problems (had a gym membership but had to cancel it).
When I exercise I don't get the "Yeah that felt awesome!"- feeling. During the training I feel bored, unmotivated and lonely because I have to do it all by myself.
I have asthma, a bad back and bad knees (have to wear knee supports when I exercise and run).
I don't really enjoy a lot of healthy food. I'm trying to eat more fruits and vegetables now and even started with fish a year ago (only breaded or battered, though). Some cabbage actually makes me feel sick and I absolutely hate tomatoes and mushrooms. I'm really trying with the other veggies.
To my work: I work as a shop assistant in a supermarket. About 40h a week 5 days a week (or mostly four 10h days).
When I have a 10h shift (including weekends) I only have two 15min breaks. In these breaks I have to walk to the break room, eat, go to the toilet and then freshen my face and hair up a bit (not much time). For this reason I mostly just stuff my face with yogurts and toast or cereal, sometimes some shitty microwave food. Quite often we will be called out during our break because we don't have enough staff and have to sit on the till. Then we have to run back in to find our food cold. We get the time we were out on top of our actual break, but they expect us to be out a minute (a minute of only 15 anyway) earlier.
I have days were I run around in the store for 10h but most of the time I have to sit on the till all day. So no movement at all.
I work in shifts so some days I work until 9.30 in the evening. I always work different days as well. So taking classes (plus the money problem) is kinda a hard thing to do because I couldn't attend them regulary.
I don't really have any hobbies. I'm on my pc a lot when I'm at home - drawing and talking to my family and friends from germany. That's just sitting around as well.
We will ask our landlord soon if we are allowed to have a dog. So I could at least go out with him/her without having to be alone.
Which brings me to my last bit about myself. I hate being alone. I feel lonely quite quickly and don't enjoy to do things alone because of it. So walking, jogging, inline skating or riding my bike is a horror for me when I have to do it alone.
I'd really like to go swimming or dancing or do some marterial arts. But we don't have a swiming pool close enough (I don't have a car yet) and dancing and marterial arts takes time and money which I don't have a lot of.
My boyfriend totally loves me how I am. He has gained quite some weight as well but in his job he is walking around a lot. So he keeps active more than I do.
Because he loves me the way I am he always tells me that I'm not fat and that I shouldn't worry so much about my weight all the time. But that's not motovating at all. I hate myself the way I am now. I hate looking in the mirror or showering. I don't sleep naked anymore like I used to and I'm really fussy about where he is allowed to touch me when we have sex.
But even though I hate myself - and that should be motivation enough to change my ways- I just don't manage to do so. I always start things and then get bored, or lonely or it doesn't work as well as I thought and I give up.

I'd really like some tips what I can do to finally get fitter, lose some weight and stat liking myself again

Hey Tiffy, How are you feeling today? /hugshugshugs
I feel as though we have a lot of similarities! It's actually a bit spooky. I moved to live with my boyfriend whom I met online several years ago. Since I moved I've just gained and gained. He is a pretty unhealthy eater and I've fallen into the same diet as him. Much like you just sticking some chicken and wedges in the oven most nights or ordering take away. He's a fussy eater, doesn't eat veg, eggs, soup, pasta so he orders burgers maybe 4 times a week and because I'm lazy and greedy I often end up having the same!

You're not alone in the exercise I don't enjoy it either. We have a cross trainer in our spare room which I hate using even with music or a podcast on I'm counting the minutes until I can finish. Not because I'm knackered but because I'm bored.

I have pretty bad anxiety / panic attacks when I'm out on my own so I've so far not been able to find a job. I can't just stick on my trainers and go for a walk or a run on my own. My boyfriend has to go everywhere with me. This means that I also haven't made any friends. My boyfriend and his family are the only people I know here which probably feeds into my boredom / loneliness which often leads me to eating.

One of my biggest problems is the motivation. I want things and I want them now. If after a week I haven't noticed a change I stop doing it and end up starting again a week or so later.

I wonder if we could come together on this some how, push each other?

I hope you see my reply, it doesn't look as though you're an active user of the forum.
x

I did see your reply. If we live close together, maybe we could really do some training and stuff together.
I live in St. Austell in Cornwall, you?

Back