Just checking in

emmarfrost

Hope everyone's doing well,Ive had a difficult last week,with 2 weddings (3 course/wine/canapé) jobbys.I did cheat a bit (no spuds,but ++++wine) but got straight back on the wagon,and Ive stayed the same weight-back on track now,and feeling relieved it hasn't undone everything

Xxxxxx

Good xxx back on the bus and carry on xxx as we say sometime life gets in the way of dieting xx

Good for you! It's always heartening when despite best/worst efforts weight stays the same. Breath held but no consequences, phew! Carry on but don't try it too often, guarantee luck doesn't last for ever

Hello there,
Well done at not letting the lapse continue.
I'm a bit confused at your statistics though. Gastic band, under target in your signature? Some updating required perhaps.
(If you still have a band, is this diet ok for you, I wonder?)

Hi maintainer,

You're right, I really do need to do some updating. I had the gastric band for three years, I lost a lot of weight with it - but that was not so much down to the band,it was down to the amount of running that i used to do. After I had the band fitted, I began to jog which developed into running and I was running 30+ miles a week.

Unfortunately the band cut into my stomach this October just gone, and I had to have it removed. Old habits die hard, and I found myself overeating again once more and running less. In six months I've managed to gain 1stone, and it is that stone I want gone.

The reason I had the band in the first place was that I could never control the amount I ate, with Dukan I find it very helpful, As I have a strict criteria of food have to stick to that I can have what I want of it.

I could never do the Dukan With a band, protein was one of the hardest things to eat and manage to get passed through the band.

I hope that goes some way to explaining things, and why once again I am back to dieting

Xx

Wow what a story good luck with Dukan xxx

Good luck Emma xx I'm like you I love the strictness of dukan - I have to be told I can't have certain foods - that works for me - I knew that I wasn't allowed chocolate, cakes, pastry and basically all the things that got me fat in the first place - ok at first I did miss them but I'm weened off them now and I can honestly say I don't miss them!!! There's plenty of food that you can fill up with on dukan! When I lost all my weight on dukan some people asked me if I'd had a band fitted cos I lost seven stone in a year with dukan - I told only the people closest to me I was doing dukan cos people can be funny about cutting out carbs and can be scaremongers so I didn't want anyone to put me off dukan - I couldn't believe how easy it was - ok difficult to begin with but the longer you are on it the easier it gets!! Hats off to you having a band fitted - you are a lot braver than me! I wouldn't put myself under the knife for anything other than a life and death situation - I'm a right chicken!! That's why people who know me well knew I could never have had a band!! If i had been brave enough i might have considered it as i was obese and very unhappy - but then i found Dukan and this forum and my life changed! You've done really well to only gain a stone - you will have that off with dukan in no time xx good luck Emma and help is always available on here if you need it

Fantastic post scoot xxx

Thank you so much Scooter,what a lush post.Congratulations on your amazing weight loss,and Thankyou so much for your encouragement.

Xxxxxx

Wow emma what a time, I'm in the same camp as scooter the idea of surgery terrified me, my hubby and mum had mentioned bands at one point, but thankfully now I don'thave to worry about it at all.

Wow emma what a time, I'm in the same camp as scooter the idea of surgery terrified me, my hubby and mum had mentioned bands at one point, but thankfully now I don'thave to worry about it at all.

I had just reached the end of my tether with my weight,fought it from the age of 14, and I saw the band as a way out,and it was-till it went wrong,and then it was a 5 day hospital stay for me :(( Its just crazy how my old eating habits came straight back without the band to stop me.Guess it does show the band stops the food,but doesn't stop the mental issues which exist alongside xxx

Most of us have issues of some kind and its difficult to discover what causes it. I've always liked savoury stuff but I've found that during this diet I have craved sweet stuff, I do quite often have muffins, jelly and sweet omlettes just to help. Coke and SF sweets help too LOL.

However, on the positive side- your post tells me that you are a lot stronger than you think :)
Although you emphasise that you jumped straight back to old habits once the band was out- this means you restricted your food when the band was in. . . I know that is the purpose of them, but if people are determined (and think its the answer to all of their problems) then they can stretch the band and go back to eating how they did before anyway.
So really, i'm waffling to tell you well done on that too. Its wasnt a failure but also a very big achievement :)

Back