Just had a baby, got around 12 stone to lose! :/

latinainglesa

Hi everyone,

My name is Jo and I live in Oxfordshire. I'm 35 and have just had my second baby, a boy called Rowan. He is 4 weeks old now :)

I also have a 4 year old daughter called Sophia, and I'm married to a very supportive guy.

I work in publishing but am on maternity leave at the moment.

I am starting weight watchers tomorrow, although I'd prefer to just count calories myself at home, I feel that I need the accountability that a group gives you.

Please wish me luck, I've tried everything in the past apart from surgery (which my GP keeps trying to get me to have, he wants me to have a gastric band fitted but I don't want to).

I have emotional ties to food and have had a lot of cognitive behavioural therapy in the past which helped me to stop binge eating, but I still struggle with sweet foods in the evening.

I really need all the support that I can get, as we all do I'm sure! I have been morbidly obese now for over 12 years and am struggling to believe that I will actually do it :(

I will be hopefully posting weight loss video diaries on my youtube channel which is the same username as here. I posted them a lot in the past and it really helped at the time, so hopefully that will be a useful tool for me again.

I really look forward to getting to know you all, I did join minimins a couple of years ago but closed my account as I was on the cambridge diet at the time and it messed my dieting head up a bit!

Hugs,

Jo

latinainglesa said:
Hi everyone,

My name is Jo and I live in Oxfordshire. I'm 35 and have just had my second baby, a boy called Rowan. He is 4 weeks old now :)

I also have a 4 year old daughter called Sophia, and I'm married to a very supportive guy.

I am starting weight watchers tomorrow, although I'd prefer to just count calories myself at home, I feel that I need the accountability that a group gives you.

Please wish me luck, I've tried everything in the past apart from surgery (which my GP keeps trying to get me to have, he wants me to have a gastric band fitted but I don't want to).

I have emotional ties to food and have had a lot of cognitive behavioural therapy in the past which helped me to stop binge eating, but I still struggle with sweet foods in the evening.

I really need all the support that I can get, as we all do I'm sure! I have been morbidly obese now for over 12 years and am struggling to believe that I will actually do it :(

I will be hopefully posting weight loss video diaries on my youtube channel which is the same username as here. I posted them a lot in the past and it really helped at the time, so hopefully that will be a useful tool for me again.

I really look forward to getting to know you all, I did join minimins a couple of years ago but closed my account as I was on the cambridge diet at the time and it messed my dieting head up a bit!

Hugs,

Jo

I have about the same to lose huni x everyone on here is lovely n supportive x good luck n send a mail if u like x happy losing x

Welcome, you have come to the right place to seek support.
If you really want to lose weight, you can do it. Unfortunately, it's not easy. I am glad you haven't opted for surgery, people take it thinking it's the easy way out of losing weight. I think it's much more rewarding if you have lost the weight yourself. Joining weight watchers is a good start! I am looking forward to hearing your progress.. happy losing! x

latinainglesa said:
Hi everyone,

Hugs,

Jo

Hi Jo, first of all congratulations on your baby boy! I have 2 children myself a 5 year old boy called Ryan and a 1 year old girl called Sophie. I also have about 12 stone to lose, I started weight watchers last Monday weighing in at 23st 4lb :-s I'm doing at home as that is what works best for me at the moment. Good luck at your WW meeting. Can't wait to hear how you get on. I lost 10lb in my first week so if I can do it so can you xx

Hey Hun, dont cave into surgery! it DOESN'T sort out the food problems in your head and look at the amount of people who streach themselves or become depressed because they can never eat normally again! I hate the way they treat people who are over weight! but i know how you feel with the weight thing i was huge after having my son 19 months ago and it crept off soooo slooowly! i thought about actually putting weight on to have surgery! (i was 15st 8lb at 5ft 2in and a size 20/22, that the biggest ive ever been and now im a size 16, and almost a 14 :D its taken 19 months and people dont seem to realize that after a baby its not normal fat! it like sticks to you and wont let go lol! good luck hun x

Hey Hun,

I have a 13 week old baby :) I have lost a little bit by healthy eating and lots of walking with the buggy-to help get little one to sleep :) good luck with WW i am sure you will soon be loosing the lbs .

xxx

Hi Jo,Congrats on the new baby:) Everyone on here is so supportive and lovely.Good luck,keep us updated with how it's going.xx

Congratulations on your bubba :)
I want to be friends with you all.. I have another 6 stone to lose!! xx

Back