Just had my first linseed experience ..

reluctant_whale

YUCK !!!!
I made crackers ... I thought they tasted absolutely gross. Does anyone else not think the stuff tastes like cod liver oil ? I was going to try the bread but I don't think I am going to now. Seriously, I swear it tastes like fish oil!! I have a real phobia of fish so as soon as that entered my head it was game over .. anyone want a bunch of crackers sending over? lol

Probably a good thing in a way - means ive still got to keep it green!

I agree have tried different recipes , the only one i found edible - at a push was the chocolate mim, personally i would tather have an advantage bar for less carbs, its always good to try something new - i am abit fussy, just hope H&B will refund - it was buy one get one half price,

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I LOVE MiM linseed bread. And never got a fishy oil taste at all. I do get fishy oil tastes from the omega 3 pills i take now and again, now that is truly horrid.

Never tried making linseed crackers. Might give it a go.

I think maybe my bad success os due to the dark flaxseed , i have tead other threads pf other people fonding ot bitter, have mastered the chocolate mim!!! Is the golden flaxseed milder in taste, i did think the dark ponged abit ??? Any advice??

I don't know a lot about linseed - I haven't tried any of the recipes with it in - but I do know that it very quickly goes rancid after it's been ground up - is it possible it'd just gone off? I've read reports before where the stuff (ground linseed) can be on sale in a shop but already rancid...

Hmmm, it does not smell too bad in the packet, i just found it an unpleasant taste- unless it was with cocoa???

I much prefer the golden flax as th dark can be bitter. I recommend flex flax as it's golden plus has zero carbs:) (susie knows where to buy it online - i get from my local health food store)

My favourite is flax bread (made with flex flax, yeast and baked in oven) - not bitter or eggy - much more like real bread:)

Now that sounds better, going to see if H&B will change one of my packets of dark to the golden & give it another go - i hope no ones telling porkies about the holden being better???

Back