Just joined SW...here comes the new me!!

sargentgirl

Chippin away at it
Hi everyone, you may have seen my previous posts on here over the past week or 2...and then all went quiet!! lol
Well Im still around, just back with a new plan!

As some of you may know, I started at the begining of Jan on a vlcd-Lipotrim as I need to lose 5 stone to be healthy and slim once more...well Im not afraid to say...THAT DIET WAS NOT FOR ME! I found it unsustainable, depressing and not something that fitted into my family life well at all. I agree the results are fast, but I just couldnt do it! Sooooo I had a rethink..and as a result have joined my local slimming world group and I am soooo glad I did!

I never realised you could eat such yummy and sociable food and STILL lose weight! Im so inspired with this diet already and its only been 2 days. I have finally been honest with myself and admitted that I am one of those ppl that has to accept I will lose weight at a normal rate (2-3 lbs a week) instead of striving for 10lb a week on the likes of lipotrim...because I need to be able to eat lol

I currently weigh 14 stone 12.5lbs and my long term goal is 10 stone, this gets me nicely into a size 10-12..Im currently in size 18 bottoms and goodness knows what size top as I have very big boobies that drive me insane! lol
My weight gain began after having my daughter who is now 4 years old...I feel frumpy and unattractive and as a result of that, have let my self go in other area's such as keeping my hair in a nice style and going to hairdressers regulary for my highlights, I just scrape it back into a ponytail everyday as inside I feel like making a huge effort wont make me look any better...Il still be fat!! (wrong attitude I know)

Anyhow, I went to my first sw meeting tuesday and its got me really excited! The consultant is super slim and really motivated me! So Im a very happy bunny to have finally found a diet that suits me :)

So If anyone on here has any tip or advise for the sw diet plz share, any help would be much appreciated.....heres to lots of weight loss

Well Its day 3 of this fantastic way of eating and Im finding it a breeze! I had 2 medium (175ml) of red wine last night so that made my total syns for the day 12..happy with that :D
Tonight as its friday evening, me and hubby have decided to have a nice big juicy steak and sw chips with dry fried onion and mushrooms for tea..may even have a small glass of wine to watch celeb bb with! lol
Also off to join the gym with hubby later, we are going for the all inclusive memberships that allows you to do unlimited gym, swimming and classes :) Im feeling really excited!!
Im keeping my food diary like my consultant asked me too and alls going well right now.
Off to work now, Il post later

Glad SW is working well for you.
I used to do silly diets to lose about half a stone a week but it always creeped back on with a little bit more, so I'm getting used to the steady but healthy weight loss. It helps that you don't have to deprive yourself completely from the foods you love.

Keep up the good work and hope gym session goes well!

Hello! Glad SW is working for you, I started yesterday so will be interested to see how you get on this week too!

Tonights dinner sounds good, along with Celeb BB too :D

Will be reading your diary to see how you're getting on :)

Well Iv just had the most yummiest dinner ever!!! Sirloin steak, sw chips, mushrooms, onions and peas..Im following the Extra Easy plan.
Absolutely lovin it!!
Have a great friday eveing folks :D

That dinner sounds amazing, I can almost taste it!

Happy Friday :D

That dinner sounds amazing, I can almost taste it!

Happy Friday :D

It was amazing!! lol Yum Yum, I love slimming world :D
Hope u had a good evening too x

I'm starting all over again so I will be popping into this thread too. good luck

Good luck with your restart :) We can all achieve our goal. Have a lovely weekend x

Hello! Glad SW is working for you, I started yesterday so will be interested to see how you get on this week too!

Tonights dinner sounds good, along with Celeb BB too :D

Will be reading your diary to see how you're getting on :)

Congratulations on getting started on sw. Im finding it really easy at the moment and really looking forward to group on tuesday. You will have to let me know how you are getting on :) xx

Had a lovely morning, nice lounge about in bed while the kids played on their xmas presents lol. Me and hubby had a (lean) bacon and mushroom sandwich for breakfast, was yum! Im planning on doing a chicken jalfrezi for tea tonight..it is the weekend afterall and it tastes as good as an indian takeaway and is syn free. Happy happy happy lol

Taking the family on a dog walk later, if I can brave this cold..its freezing out there!!

Well Its monday again :( lol had a bit of a panick yesterday when I realised that the bread i had on saturday and sunday morning for my bacon sandwich was not listed in my healthy option b on EE in my sw book..apparently I have to count them as syns if they arent listed!! 8 syns!!...for one sandwich!!! Arrrrggghhhh...that means that on saturday when I thought I had, had 12 syns Id actually had 20! :( not good. I kept my syning down yesterday after I realised (unfortunely after consuming my bacon sandwich)
Going to keep my syns to 5 or under today and tomoz, as weigh in is tomoz evening and I dont want to have messed up any weight loss with my silly mistake.
Decided Im going to kick in with the exercise after weigh in, for my 'week 2'. Need to get my induction at the gym done and get my butt to some exercise classes.

Other than my little mistake over the bread its going really well though. Hoping for a 3lb loss in my first weigh in...I really need to average out at 3lb a week to be where I want to be for my hols in may. Fingers crossed I can do it :)

Well had my first weigh in today and Iv lost 5.5 lbs!! Really happy with that! :) Found it really easy this week, really enjoying all this tasty food.
Have stuck to it all week and found it really easy as it fits in well with family life. Heres to a successfull 2nd week!! :)

Hi, and welcome! It's so nice to see you're finding it so easy. I was the same when I started, I thought it'd be another attempt at healthy eating that I'd give up in a week or two but 3 months later and I'm still going strong. It's just so simple and "normal". Congrats on your brilliant first week loss! Hope you enjoy this week as much as the last.

i lost 5lbs this week - thats two and a half packs of sugar or a decent bag of potatoes as my helpful children said to me last night! good luck x

hi sargent girl welcome to s/w x well done on ur brilliant loss good luck losing the rest of the lbs :happy036:xx

Thankyou valerie, hope you have a great week :) x

Hi, and welcome! It's so nice to see you're finding it so easy. I was the same when I started, I thought it'd be another attempt at healthy eating that I'd give up in a week or two but 3 months later and I'm still going strong. It's just so simple and "normal". Congrats on your brilliant first week loss! Hope you enjoy this week as much as the last.

Hi chipmunk89, Yeah Iv been on so many diets over the years and they have all been so hard! (lipotrim being one of them) Its really nice to finally find something I can do for the rest of life! I really enjoy all of the food and so does my husband and 2 children. Soo excited for this next week, not just for the weight loss but all the yummy food I will be consuming LOL

Thankyou for your support :) x

Back