Just made super speed soup...

Not hoping for great things this week as will only have had it twice (WI is Tues night) but if I can get someone to pick up more tins of beans etc for me in the week so I can make another batch we will see how I get on a week on Tuesday!

So much for the fart soup lol it was really nice but no significant impact on my new co-workers! Take 2 tomorrow

ive never made it but love soup....where can i find the recipe? x

I googled it and found it here, not sure which forum it's on. It was really nice but I don't have a blender so the soup was thin and the veg was super chunky lol

Thanks I'll go to google:) I've got a hand blender but it usually sprays half the soup across the kitchen

Everyone goes on about the adverse effects but its never had any on me?! *crosses fingers*

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Don't know if you're still looking for the recipe.

This is the one I use but there are lots of variations. Also I prefer it chunky not blitzed, but each to their own.
Speed Soup

3-4 carrots sliced
1 large onion chopped
2 peppers chopped
3 parsnips chopped
2-3 leeks chopped
1 tin mixed beans
1 tin baked beans
2 tins chopped tomatoes
1 tin green lentils
handful or two red lentils
2 chicken stock cubes
2 veg stock cubes

Place all in pot and add water to about level of veg and cook till biggest veg is tender. Season as required.

Makes a huge pot full and it freezes really well. I find it does help losses but possibly cos it's so filling you just can't eat anything else after a bowl or two of the soup.

Last edited:
This is pretty much the one I used. Did it in the slow cooker for 4 hours. Fills me up at lunchtime but by the time I get home from work I'm hungry again.

I'm getting laughed at by my housemates because of the super chunky veg as we don't have a big food processor

Thank for the recipe:)x

You're welcome. Let me know what you think when you make it. :D

i will do thankyou. ill do my shop on fri and prob make it over the wknd. do u know how i can use a picture of a slimming world sticker like the half stone one?

as you can see from my signature i worked it out:D x

Hope you have enjoyed the soup.
if you want even more of an impact add some Tabasco sauce to it and eat it with some scan bran pieces broken into the soup and drink plenty of water :)

It will be hot going in and hot coming out lol :eek:

There are so many versions of the recipe, you can basically chuck anything together that is a speed or super speed food to make it xxx

Here's one....

can mixed bean salad
can green lentils
2 cans chopped tomatoes
can baked beans
handful of split lentils
2 large leeks
large onion
4 medium carrots
2 parsnips
1 green 1 red and 1 yellow pepper
2 ham stock cubes
salt and pepper
mixed herbs
water to cover ingredients

chop and put all veg in pan and everything else cover and bring to boil simmer until soft

can be left chunky or blended ;)

Well I have bought the ingredients just gotta make it now! I think I'll do it Sunday so I can have it for lunch every day next week! X

Back