Just messaged my SW consultant!

MidLifeCrisis

Im on Day 2 of Slim and Save, and have just messaged my consultant for SW on Faebook telling her Ive switched. Dreaded this as shes lovely and I help her out in group, I just need to do this for ME! Spent so many years doing things for others, I need to think about my own needs. Feel really guilty tho! x
Chelle x

MidLifeCrisis said:
Im on Day 2 of Slim and Save, and have just messaged my consultant for SW on Faebook telling her Ive switched. Dreaded this as shes lovely and I help her out in group, I just need to do this for ME! Spent so many years doing things for others, I need to think about my own needs. Feel really guilty tho! x
Chelle x

Let us know how it goes, I'm contemplating doing the same next week, and mine is lovely too! Worst bit is I bought a 12 week cd 4 weeks ago x

I'm thinking about asking her if I could just get weighed for the 8 weeks anyway' not bothered about the awards etc x

I thought that too, I enjoy helping. Cant see her letting me though, especially seeing as once the weight starts dropping off the ladies will be dropping like flies lol x

MidLifeCrisis said:
I thought that too, I enjoy helping. Cant see her letting me though, especially seeing as once the weight starts dropping off the ladies will be dropping like flies lol x

It depends on whether shell be willing to just let you weigh and stuff! Maybe not mention your losses? x

Hope she does, let you, but she probably isn't allowed to if she knows your not doing SW and doing a VLCD. So perhaps Mid Life Crisis' DH is right. Even though obviously not quite being honest with her but if it helps you along .....and perhaps just get weighed and don't stay, but wont they keep ringing the bell for you at WI with all the weight you lose?
Good Luck.

rosieposie said:
Hope she does, let you, but she probably isn't allowed to if she knows your not doing SW and doing a VLCD. So perhaps Mid Life Crisis' DH is right. Even though obviously not quite being honest with her but if it helps you along .....and perhaps just get weighed and don't stay, but wont they keep ringing the bell for you at WI with all the weight you lose?
Good Luck.

Ive already paid for the next 8 weeks tho, so there is part of me that is thinkin about going and getting weighed but not staying to group! What do you mean about 'ringing the bell'??

Last edited:
rosieposie said:
Good Luck.

Please don't even consider going for weigh ins if you're not honestvwith her. You need to think of other people. You can't pretend you're doing SW and actually be doing a VLCD. How demoralising is that for other members

It would be very awkward for you too. Your leader is going to be looking on IOU as her star pupil. Showing you off as an example of the diet then no doubt asking to see your diary etc to see if there's something causing these phenomenal losses. Can you imagine how stressful that would be?

Starlight said:
Please don't even consider going for weigh ins if you're not honestvwith her. You need to think of other people. You can't pretend you're doing SW and actually be doing a VLCD. How demoralising is that for other members

Thts why I said I would tell her I was doing it, and if she was happy, id not stay to group, and refuse to have certificates/awards! It was purely just to be weighed as I'd already paid for the next 8 weeks!! :(

Hi
The "bell" I was talking about was rung at my SW group every time someone lost 7lbs. I assumed, obviously incorrectly, that every group did something similar and thought it would be embarrassing for you
I hope as you have paid that the consultant will be understanding and accommodate you in some way for just a weigh in
I gave up on SW because in spite of 100% commitment to plan I either Sts or lost just 1/2lb each week, so very discouraging.

rosieposie said:
Hi
The "bell" I was talking about was rung at my SW group every time someone lost 7lbs. I assumed, obviously incorrectly, that every group did something similar and thought it would be embarrassing for you
I hope as you have paid that the consultant will be understanding and accommodate you in some way for just a weigh in
I gave up on SW because in spite of 100% commitment to plan I either Sts or lost just 1/2lb each week, so very discouraging.

Ah right! Never had that done round here, altho I don't think, apart from the first week, that it would happen very often!! Unless of course you mean, when they get an award-rather than when they lose 7lbs in a week!! Not really sure tho, as I said-never come across that in north Wales x thanks tho x

Meant getting an award. Hope you get a good answer back.

Starlight said:
Do you think so? I can think of nothing worse lol Thats why I stopped going to classes when I did WW. I hate all that type of stuff.

But then Ive never even understood the big appeal of stickers etc either

I guess it depends on individual motivations-some people probably get embarrassed by it all-guess its something that can be tweaked to suit each member-I know some people who stay for IT and HATE having their losses read out! Different strokes for different folks I guess x

Oh I used to be really pleased with getting a sticker. It wasn't the attention but the feeling of achievement I got from seeing them on the book. I guess that's why I have put goals on my signature. I need the motivation of the achievement. Perhaps I would be more successful at keeping weight off if I didn't have this mindset.

Back