Just ordered!

Mishkapop

Well, here we go. I just ordered a two week supply of Exante products...

Feeling very nervous, but I'm in desperate times. I get married mid September and my wedding dress doesn't fit. I've tried so many diets, lost weight, put it back on again, I'm normally a committed slimming world member, but personal problems at the beginning of this year sent me completely off the rails. I've tried to get back on track and have been disappointed with the results. I reckon I need to lose another 2 stone to get into my dress and I need to do it now.

So, for a short term boost I am trying Exante. This isn't how I intend to lose weight long term, I'll go back to SW after the wedding, but I need to get into that dress without spilling out of the top of it. I admit it, I am scared. I'm scared by the horror stories you hear of people getting gall stones, heart failure, etc... But surely for two months it'll be alright?

Hello and welcome. Each person is different and the horror stories you hear are often the most unscrupulous papers which like to dig and accuse without facts. I couldn’t be sure but would imagine that there are other underlying problems in these scenarios which aren’t being reported.

I did 6 months without a break and nothing bad happened to me. If you’re in any doubt, check with your GP and just be sure it’s something you want to do. Ultimately only you can decide.

Assuming you decide to continue, you will drop weight very quickly and feel a lot more comfortable by your wedding day as long as you stay 100% committed.

There is great support here if and when you need it and the knowledge that everyone is going through what you are in terms of their diet.

Good luck and if you’re like everyone else, the first weeks loss will motivate you to continue, that and the feeling of freedom and the feel good vibes that will leave you buzzing :) Just get through the first week and you’re golden!

Hello and welcome. Each person is different and the horror stories you hear are often the most unscrupulous papers which like to dig and accuse without facts. I couldn’t be sure but would imagine that there are other underlying problems in these scenarios which aren’t being reported.

I did 6 months without a break and nothing bad happened to me. If you’re in any doubt, check with your GP and just be sure it’s something you want to do. Ultimately only you can decide.

Assuming you decide to continue, you will drop weight very quickly and feel a lot more comfortable by your wedding day as long as you stay 100% committed.

There is great support here if and when you need it and the knowledge that everyone is going through what you are in terms of their diet.

Good luck and if you’re like everyone else, the first weeks loss will motivate you to continue, that and the feeling of freedom and the feel good vibes that will leave you buzzing :) Just get through the first week and you’re golden!

Thank you. That's a real motivator and comfort for me.

It's definitely something I want to do. In the last 18 months my mother has had gastric bypass surgery, and my father is on the waiting list for the procedure too. I simply refuse to let that carry on into another generation. I have PCOS so every pound I lose is a real struggle, I need this kick up the backside. I'm not afraid of hard work, or of being hungry (I'm a serial dieter so I'm always hungry, I doubt this will be any different lol!) I'm just afraid of not being able to have kids (the big 30 is looming too), I'm afraid of being the big joke on my wedding day, I'm afraid of looking back at my wedding photos and feeling nothing but shame. It's time to be utterly selfish for a little while and do this for me, you know?

Totally understand.

You won’t feel hungry, that’s the beauty of it. You may at times forget to even eat and that’s the freedom I’m talking about. Freedom from having to think about food in any way. The euphoria and extra energy will also come but this will be after the first week. I won’t pretend it’s easy but if you can get through that, it really is plain sailing - and you have the added motivation of your wedding.

Do keep us updated on how you’re doing :)

Alright I'm on day one and I have the withdrawal headache. I'm drinking plenty of water, I've had two packs so far, but I'm hurting. I've taken some otc painkillers and they haven't touched it. I know that part of this is also down to not sleeping well last night and that is only a temporary problem, a couple of days feeling rough and then I'll get the pleasure of ketosis, but right now I'm hurting and feeling a little weepy...

Back