Just popping in to say hi

hunca

Silver Member
Hi I joined WW this morning at what seems like a lovely wee group. Switched over from slim and save due to Dr's orders. Ive been given 40 daily points :eek: Still got 12 left after my tea! Out at a parent council meeting later so may have Weetabix for my supper. I did WW many moons ago ( infact think Ive done every diet out there lol) Anyway I'm going to get some weigh off with ww. Looking fwd to catching up with all the threads and gaining some knowledge of the ww plan.

Finding it very strange to get my head round ww propoints lol
I recently did slim and save so I'm def enjoying real food again but I'm really scared and can't quite accept that I can virtually eat anything I want as long as I point it. Really need to go shopping but haven't got my head round what I can eat or buy. Too many years of trying to follow diets which banned this that and the next thing! Is there a book on shopping and eating out? Are they worth buying next Monday at class? I bought the calculator ystdy so managing to keep track with that. Felt really naughty having Nutella on brown toast with sliced banana ( please tell me that was ok) Haven't pointed it yet as I was rushing out to a hosp appt but it was 2 tsp Nutella ( anyone know how many PP?)
No idea what I'll have for tea tonite ! Top of my to do list tmrw is plan plan plan lol

Hi I bought the shopping guide and eating out book and I found them useful but since than my ww app updated and now I can get all of it on my app.
Nutella is 1pp per teaspoon hun xx

Thanks wendycroxs. Had a lovely salad of lettuce, cucumber, tomato, carrot, beetroot & 4 cold new potatoes sliced. Really scared I'll eat something I'm not allowed although I know that there is nothing that's not allowed !!!!! Been going thro old WW cook books and trying to PP fav recipes. Take it there are no half points anymore? Just round up?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

Is ur WW app the one you have access to when u do monthly pass?

Hi im not quite sure on the app I know u get the esource with monthly pass but I never use it I just use the ww app I downloaded from play store. And don't worry about eating things you ain't allowed because with ww you can eat anything as long as you point it and you don't go over plus you got your 49 weeklies you can use aswell, we got no half points now. Good luck with your weight loss you will do fine hun :) x

Thanks wendycroxs. Had a lovely salad of lettuce, cucumber, tomato, carrot, beetroot & 4 cold new potatoes sliced. Really scared I'll eat something I'm not allowed although I know that there is nothing that's not allowed !!!!! Been going thro old WW cook books and trying to PP fav recipes. Take it there are no half points anymore? Just round up?

Welcome,

With regard to the old pointed reciepes they are not necessarily rounded up could be a total different propoints as its calculated a new way to the old system iykwim. Best to just point the individual ingredients in the receipe to find the total propoints.

I know its hard to get your head around that you can eat anything you want as long as its pointed. There are nice menu ideas in the books you get when you joint weight watchers or their magazine to give you an idea of what to buy for yourself for the week. I didnt bother buying the eating out or shopping guides for one reason im from Ireland and a lot of the shops/restaurants in the books are in the UK and the other reason was there is so much info on the internet that i can find it quicker than looking through pages in a book lol

Good luck with your journey and hopefully you have finally found the diet that will help you loose the weight

Thanks sweet as pie.
I've spent this a.m re-calculating old WW recipes so I have :-
Cowboy Pie (made with quorn)
Quorn, Lentil and Potato Curry
Veggie Spaghetti Bolognese
These recipes will make approx 4 portions each so I'll freeze them so I'm organised.
Am I right in saying that 50g of dried red lentils = 4PP?
My little list I got at class only states 35g cooked = 1

Last edited:
Hi Hunca. In reply to your lentils question you could enter nutrition details from the packet using a points calculator like the one at MeaMod.com which can be downloaded and then used offline. It deals with both old vintage points and propoints [the one on the right hand side]. I lost a lot of weight last year for hip surgery, with meal replacement packs, but I've been looking for something now that will let me eat whatever I want and yet have some portion control, and have decided to do Weightwatchers old style as I have one of their instruction books from 2003! The old style suits me because it's simpler and I love veggies and have learned a lot about healthy eating along the way. Best of luck on your journey - you'll enjoy it anyway. x

p.s. not sure how you would get to that meamod site for the calculator - I followed a different link on another weightwatcher thread which I can't now find; I'll direct you to the thread if I can find it later on! Sorry about the muddle :(

Last edited:
I've just checked the NI on pkt of red lentils
'100g as consumed' = 3PP
So does that mean 100g dry weight?
Obv u usually add them dry to recipes but the little book states '35g cooked lentils = 1' sorry for being so thick but is that basically the same?!?!?!

You're not alone in being thick today [must be the weather?]! Don't know the answer to the lentil question, I'm afraid, but I have found the thread giving that calculator ref - it's http://www.minimins.com/weight-watchers-discover-plan-points/303769-help-discovery-plan-points.html and is post number 4. The thread is about the old points but that calculator deals with both [propoints on the right of the panel] Shall have to research the lentil question for myself soon, as I was thinking this morning they'd be a good addition to my veggie soup lunches! I suppose you could check lentil nutrition info on a supermarket online site and see if that's less obscure.....

Acc Sainsbury online their red lentil pack states 100g = blahblahblah and I entered the details on that calculator for propoints and it came up with 3. I'm assuming that means dry.

Yeah that's what mine came up with so just going to roll with that. Tinned tomatoes is my other issue lol Calculator states 1 PP per half tin? I thought tomatoes were zero?!?
Just made Cowboy pie (without the sliced potatoes on top) worked it out at 19 PP per recipe and I think it should do at least 4 portions.

Hi just check a few labels of lentils on tesco website they mostly all give the cooked NI and it says 100g cooked is 3pp but found one pack that gave dry NI which is saying 100g dry is 9pp as far as i can see they are just normal lentils (organic so dont think that should make a diff) so maybe be careful with your lentils. i would take 'as consumed' to mean cooked weight.

Hate when NI is given for cooked weights why dont they just put it as dry like they are in packed.

Crikey I'd better watch at least until I can check at class on Monday.
Just had a yummy lunch
Salad 0pp
Salad cream 2pp
5 crispbreads 5pp
35g tub lightest Philadelphia 1pp
WW coconut Greek yogurt 1pp

re the lentil debate - I suppose you might be able do what I tend to do with rice, which is to cook the whole 500g pack and then bag it up into weighed and pointed portions for freezing?

Back