Just reaching out in despair after first week

mossyfern

3 and a quarter pounds. It must have been either the coke zero or the bouillon. Gutted, but determined to stick to water this week .... I could have lost more on slimming world:(

Hi mossy,
A similar thing happened to me, only 5lbs in the first week whereas I usually do 8-10 with CD. The only difference being that with CD you don't have bars in your first 2 Weeks so wondering if it's that? Some people are more sensitive to the carbs. I haven't weighed since because I'm doing it 100% to the letter, so what I lose is the best I could have done. Have you done your measurements? Sometimes it can come off in inches rather than lbs.

Neither coke zero or bullion are going to impact your weight loss. Its really disheartening but hang in there, youll probably get a great result next week.

Neither coke zero or bullion are going to impact your weight loss. Its really disheartening but hang in there, youll probably get a great result next week.

Fizzy water? I reckon like Supersmileyme said , I am mega carb sensitive. I reckon it could be the bars.

even if youre mega sensitive to cabs, all thatll do is affect ketosis, it wont stop weight loss. Nor will drinking fizzy water.

I bet its come off in inches or youll see it next week :)

Were you dieting before you started this week or did you reduce your carbs in preparation?

I know I look trimmer, it's weird. I haven't measured myself, no tape measure!!! Pathetic excuse!
I didn't really reduce my carbs until the day before I started tbh. I would have a disastrous couple of days, then one good one... you know the score:( Thankyou for your advice. Sorry I sound so negative and glum... The exante brochure does say only drink tea water coffee green tea....

If you can see a difference thats brilliant :) All the VLCDs say just water etc to have just water, plain tea and coffee etc but there are a lot of drinks out there which are safe. Things like Bullion are almost identical to the official stock flavourings some of them do, they advise against too much Coke Zero mostly because it can trigger cravings in a lot of people.

Im not going to say anything like 'a loss is a loss' etc cos I know how gutted Id be not getting a good week one loss.

Just remember though that 3.5lbs, disappointing though it is, is something you could lose every week - you would get that on WW :)

Hope you get a cracking result next week x

If you can see a difference thats brilliant :) All the VLCDs say just water etc to have just water, plain tea and coffee etc but there are a lot of drinks out there which are safe. Things like Bullion are almost identical to the official stock flavourings some of them do, they advise against too much Coke Zero mostly because it can trigger cravings in a lot of people.

Im not going to say anything like 'a loss is a loss' etc cos I know how gutted Id be not getting a good week one loss.

Just remember though that 3.5lbs, disappointing though it is, is something you could lose every week - you would get that on WW :)

Hope you get a cracking result next week x

Thankyou Starlight. Onwards and forwards and stop my whingeing!!

hi mossyfern was my first weigh in on monday and didnt loose as much as i had hoped i most the same amount my first week of ww and i was eating so felt so upset about it aswel. on the up side just think u wldnt want that 3.5lbs back so positive thoughts although its hard
hope u have better week this week

hi mossyfern was my first weigh in on monday and didnt loose as much as i had hoped i most the same amount my first week of ww and i was eating so felt so upset about it aswel. on the up side just think u wldnt want that 3.5lbs back so positive thoughts although its hard
hope u have better week this week

Thankyou Jade&Elsie, I will come back from this, and not let it get me down.... I now have a music festival to get through on Total! Should be interesting! But am determined to do it! Hopefully the exercise will help

enjoy ur festival. be careful with exercise i usually cycle and now can only cycle a quater of the distance i was before i started total as dont have the energy i wld get usually from food
have good week let me know u do next week fingers crossed x

Yes, I'm a bit fatigued too..... have given up Zumba for the moment and drive to work instead of cycle. The exercise I get at the festival should be copeable with, just walking from stage to stage. Let's hope so....!

i lost 10 pounds in the first week mossy and am losing a pound a day since then. i'm drinking quite a bit of coke zero/dr pepper zero so that's not going to affect your loss. everybody is different though, stick to it. i'm A LOT heavier than yourself so it's no surprise my weight loss seems a lot more but 4lbs is still a great loss. it's taken you however many years of your life to get to the weight where you wanted to make a change, it's not going to happen overnight for you but stick to it and it will happen.

Thanks Procrastination. I am finding it difficult to hold it together today appetite wise. My head is telling me eat eat eat, you can do nothing that will make you slim. You are destined to always be fat...... :(((

But you're not destined to be fat, you are in control of that. I know its very disheartening when the loss isn't as good as expected but give it time. Our bodies all respond differently but the losses add up in the end as long as you stick to the plan. Try to stay focused & find something to distract yourself till the hunger sub-sides which it will do. Good luck & chin up x

ps: How about cutting out the coke zero for a bit. I know it sometimes make me feel hungry
so I tend to stick to water & coffee.

Last edited:
But you're not destined to be fat, you are in control of that. I know its very disheartening when the loss isn't as good as expected but give it time. Our bodies all respond differently but the losses add up in the end as long as you stick to the plan. Try to stay focused & find something to distract yourself till the hunger sub-sides which it will do. Good luck & chin up x

ps: How about cutting out the coke zero for a bit. I know it sometimes make me feel hungry
so I tend to stick to water & coffee.

Yes, I am going to stop the bouillon and coke as from now. A call has gone to Exante, I hope they respond.
My hunger is subsiding, I am pulling myself together! Thanks for your response... very sweet of you

ven if youre mega sensitive to cabs, all thatll do is affect ketosis, it wont stop weight loss

Starlight, isn't ketosis all about weight loss or do I have that wrong. I thought it was ketosis that bought about these large weight losses?

even if youre mega sensitive to cabs, all thatll do is affect ketosis, it wont stop weight loss. Nor will drinking fizzy water.

I bet its come off in inches or youll see it next week :)

Were you dieting before you started this week or did you reduce your carbs in preparation?

Starlight, isn't ketosis all to do with weight loss i.e. large weight loss because of ketosis or do I have that wrong? What part does ketosis play in the amount of weight we lose?

Have you been drinking plenty of water? I've noticed a lot of people on here mentioning having bad weeks and then upping the water and having a great loss the week after. Just a thought :)

I drink coke zero and have boullion and it doesn't seem to effect me, I bet you willl have a fantastic loss next week

Hol x

My understanding is that ketosis is what makes us not hungry. The lack of calories is what makes us lose x

Back