Just started and having 900-1000 cals as 5 lbs from goal- need advice please ASAP :)

gorgehun80

Hi everyone, so ive been on cambridge diet for 12 weeks and lost nearly 4 stone. I got to my goal of 9 stone last week. However, due to finances i had to come of the cambridge diet and had a very naughty weekend crammed with carbs/junk etc-i went a bit mad as had some family bbqs etc! Anyway ive got upto 9 st 5 so have gained 5 lbs over the weekend which i expected. I have just recieved my first weeks worth of slim n save products. BUT because i am only a few pounds above goal my plan is to have 3 sns packs a day plus 400g chicken, 200g mushrooms, 2 coke zeros, 1 pint of sugar free jelly. This totals approximately 950 calories and less than 45g of carbs. The only extra thing really is the extra chicken. I cant have 100g of chicken a day as where i had started moving up the steps on cambridge before i finished it i was having 400g chicken a day sometimes more and couldnt go from that to having 100g a day as would be nothing for me! My question is can i go into ketosis on 950 cals and less than 45g of carbs per day? If not, how much do you think i could expect to lose per week? I want to lose that 5 lbs in 12 days as am bridemaid for my sister on 18th Aug and my dress was made to my measurements when i was 9 stone! Any advice would be much appreciated! Thanks
xxx

I don't know if that will be enough to guarantee you'll lose the 5lb. I stuck to s&s almost 100% (i had a wedding to go to!) the first week and lost 4.5lb and i weigh more than you - you'll only lose a percentage really and in 12 days you haven't got a lot of time to lose a small percentage of your weight.

If it was me I would do the plan as written for two weeks then start refeeed per Cambridge guidelines

Or do an extra pack or protein and see how you go

Sure the experienced long terms ladies will advise hun. I'll be doing plan right to goal, which is 8- 8,7 for me

Xx

If you're in ketosis (purely on carb level) and having 1000 calories a day you will still lose weight - and as you're only 5 lbs from goal it makes sense to do that. I stepped up the calories a little before goal too.

well been doing as i said above on 1000 cals per day and down to goal so have lost 5lbs in 4 days v happy although mty sisters hen night at indian buffet tonight but will try and stick to plain tikka with salad
xx

Back