Just started and struggling already :(

tan1

Hi everyone I decided on Wednesday that I have finally got to do something about my weight and after messing around on different diets and not really getting anywhere I decided to give a vcld a go again. (i previously lost 2 stone on one a few years ago)

I had a few w8 shakes in the cupboard that I bought last year so started with them on thursday and Friday and went online and ordered some slim and save ones to continue with.

Day 1 i had 4 meal packs and a few mushrooms thrown in to make more of a meal got through ok

Day 2 was harder so I had a piece of fish and some broccoli as well, felt starving and grumpy and tired so went to bed early to sleep through it.

Day 3 (today) my slim and save meals arrived so I had a original porridge which was ok and made quite a large bowl :) but at lunch time I was desperate for some food and feeling very weak and headachey so I had some salad leaves with a piece of fish :( i have struggled not to break it completely when preparing the kids food, feeling quite cross with myself for not being in more control :(

I still have a headache today but hoping it will pass and I will get into ketosis soon and then I know it will be easier.

On a bonus though I had a sneaky weigh in this morning and it says I have already lost 7 pounds but I do know this is mostly water as I was suffering with a lot of water retention, still it feels good to see the numbers going down ;)

Just wanted to add all your weight losses just are amazing well done to all of you :) I hope some of it rubs off on me ;)

Last edited:
First week can be hard just keep going the rewards are on the scales each week.

I've been on diet 11 weeks I think gone from size 18-20 down to size 12 still got more to lose but amazing results so keep that in mind when it's hard.

I still get days when it's hard and I'm really wanting to eat but I won't as it means I'll never get to my goal as I won't be able to get back on track.

Drink loads and loads of water and baths and early nights always help

Well done sue that's a great weight loss :)

I am on my first day of s&s and was wondering about the headaches? I haven't got one as such but I do feel a bit off and had put it down to TOTM. Not a good day to start for me but I am finding it ok. Keep going, you owe it to yourself and you have had a good start. Looking at Lots2lose36 and her stats should give you a wee boost! That could be us!

Headaches are either due to dehydration, carb withdraw and they disappear soon just drink the water and I take paracetamols

the first couple of days you do feel hungry tired grumpy and often a bit headachey! but it will pass i promise you will feel better in no time and soon will love doing the kids food and feeling the power of not having any :) think positive think of the health benefit and think how amazing you will feel at the end of the week and at the end of every other week to come!!

Do keep on going. It's bl**dy hard sometimes but the rewards are definitely worth it. I can't tell you how much better I feel having lost the weight since last summer. It's shifting slower now but I'm starting to up my calorie intake as I'm within a stone of my goal. Treat each day as it comes and each pound as it comes and before you know it they will all add up.

Sue, you can add whatever you like to your signature (within reason!). If you click on User CP in the blue bars at the top and then on edit signature you can add things into your signature that you want. The more you post the more characters you will have to play with so you might only be able to add a basic signature for now.

Also in those blue bars there is a tutorial link and one of the links there explains how to add a ticker.

Thanks for the advice, had 2L of water today and 2 cups of tea, should I up it to 4L as I was saving the other litre until dinner?

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

I'd drink whenever I felt hungry to be honest. More than 3l is fine, just don't go mad and have 10l or something all in one sitting. Drinking before and after a food pack is also good as it fills the stomach more :)

Hi, I am Julia, and almost 9 weeks- I agree the first couple of weeks were hard and every now and then I get an urge!!!! But to be honest keeping my eye on the goal is really working - to be able to go out in a pair of 16 jeans without bulges after a couple of months from a tight size 20 makes it all worth it. Everyone on this forum is fantastic and so supportive - it really is worth the slog x

Hi tan

I've just started myself, just on day 6. I would say today has been the hardest day, for some reason (perhaps cos it's the weekend).

Re: headaches, just keep drinking your water and take some tablets - they will pass.

Reading some of the other contributors' stories and seeing their losses really spurs me on when I'm feeling hungry/grumpy. I just can't wait to be slim and I think about that every time I get the urge to eat :)

Hi. I'm Sue age 60 and got 8 stone to loose, just finished week one, can't say it's been an easy week ( feels more like 2-3 ) but I've lost 7lb so that's my reward. I mean to stay 100% because I don't want all I have worked through wasted. I find sugar free gum a godsend. Really only need it once a day now instead of 3 or 4 as i did at first. I think it's finding what helps you individually Keep it up ! Sue x

Hi Sue, well done on the weight loss! I know you were worried earlier in the week that you hadn't lost any, so am glad it's come good for you.

Thanks for all the replies :) I think it's really going to help coming on here a chatting to everyone who's in the same boat.

I can't let this diet be another failure, I need to lose weight for health reasons and also my self confidence is very low. I just need to stay positive and stay focused on my goal. And remember

Nothing tastes as good as being slim feels ;)

norwegian girl said:
Hi, I am Julia, and almost 9 weeks- I agree the first couple of weeks were hard and every now and then I get an urge!!!! But to be honest keeping my eye on the goal is really working - to be able to go out in a pair of 16 jeans without bulges after a couple of months from a tight size 20 makes it all worth it. Everyone on this forum is fantastic and so supportive - it really is worth the slog x

Wow! I am a size 20 and to get into 16's in a couple of months would be an AMAZING feeling! Well done for that! Gives me a lot of hope that!

Wowsers, amazing losses in such a short period of time! Well done you two! (and thanks for sharing - so inspiring)

I am currently a size 20 although my jeans are tight round my waist so I'm mostly wearing pull on stretchy black trousers or leggings :( but the thought that by early summer I could be wearing some of my lovely size 16 dresses,skirts, trousers and jeans is amazing :) everyone has done so well

MiniMoosh said:
I was a size 22-24 when I started and today I bought size 14 Dorethy Perkins trousers :D

Love that idea! Well done to you for that it must feel soo good! I know it's taken a lot of effort and willpower but that must make it all the sweeter.
I was wondering, the comment someone made about sugar free gum, I am on Nicorette as I am an x smoker, will that affect my weight loss?
Also can you add herbs and spices to things? I like black pepper and paprika will that have an effect also?
Bear with me as I am a bit dim...

Love that idea! Well done to you for that it must feel soo good! I know it's taken a lot of effort and willpower but that must make it all the sweeter.
I was wondering, the comment someone made about sugar free gum, I am on Nicorette as I am an x smoker, will that affect my weight loss?

I use Nicorette gum too, I'm on day 6 and have lost 8lbs, so hopefully it hasn't had any effect. (I know I shouldn't be weighing every day, but ya know...)

Back