Just started Slimming world online

mrsnich

Heyy everyone! Just started slimming world, Loosing weight for my 21st birthday, had my little girl in nov 2011 and never lost the weight or really tried until now, my sil has had a really successful time on slimming world so its time for me to stop getting jealous of her weightloss and join in! :)

anyway

just wondered if anyone has any ideas on what to put on the weekly shopping list to make my life a little easier

:)

Hi hun, mugshots are a great quick lunch with lots of fruit or just as a snack.I also enjoy bachelor's low fat super noodles and savoury rice.Ive lost 22lbs and I have an under active thyroid and M.E.Good luck with your weight loss journey x

Good luck, mrsnich and well done for taking the plunge. Just browse through this amazing site and you'll never be bored or stuck for ideas.

Kathy

Welcome and good luck! Stock up on herbs and spices - you can make what seems like the most boring dinners taste fab with a bit of tasty flavour!

I'd also recommend Mug Shots and super noodles (the free ones!) for carb snacks. Get loads of fruit to keep nibbling on and perhaps some frozen veg (lasts longer).

Thanks everyone, hope I can stick to this, im so impatient

one thing im not sure on is the healthy options thing can anyone explain?

Heyy everyone! Just started slimming world, Loosing weight for my 21st birthday, had my little girl in nov 2011 and never lost the weight or really tried until now, my sil has had a really successful time on slimming world so its time for me to stop getting jealous of her weightloss and join in! :)

anyway

just wondered if anyone has any ideas on what to put on the weekly shopping list to make my life a little easier

:)

This thread is a couple of years old but I think it's a REALLY helpful one for the must-haves when you're just starting :) just be sure to check that some things mentioned as syns/healthy extras etc still have the same values in 2013 as things change from time to time.

Thanks everyone, hope I can stick to this, im so impatient

one thing im not sure on is the healthy options thing can anyone explain?

Are you doing Extra Easy? I'm assuming you are as that's what people these days tend to start with. If so, you should have one Healthy Extra A which is generally cheese and milk and means you're getting enough calcium in your diet. You should also have a Healthy Extra B which is things like cereal, cereal bars, breads, nuts, crispbreads. These generally are to make sure that you are eating enough fibre. There should be lists of As and Bs in the books/materials you have from SW. Hope this cleared it up a little :) It can seem a bit tricky at first but it soon becomes second nature!

Good luck on your journey, I would go with spices, soy sauce, Alpen light bars, mug shots (the ones with red writing), muller light yoghurt, crab sticks oh and loads of fruit and veg :D

Have a look online under useful features, search for "secrets of your store cupboard" and "food optimise your food cupboard" for some ideas.

today is weigh in day and ive lost 5lbs :D its definitely given me the kick up the bum to carry on going, only problem is im eating out on Saturday

Well done that's a brilliant loss! Don't despair eating out doesn't have to mean A bad week. Do you know where you are going? If so have a look at the menu before hard and plan. Have a look at the eating out forum on here and also in the useful features online they often have eating out articles. Good luck

Back