Green Days Just started - Veggie

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Suzanne1984, 15 January 2011 Social URL.

1. Suzanne1984

Suzanne1984 New Member

Start Weight:
    12st10.5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.5lb(4.76%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi guys I have just started Slimming World on Wednesday night and im looking for any help regarding vegetarian receipes. I have been scanning different receipes and was wondering if anyone has any great free or low syn values for the green diet. Any help would be much appreciated.
    Suzanne

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. mod-karen79

mod-karen79 rainbows holiday buddy :)

hi - i'm veggie too. i just try and adapt foods that i love into SW friendly versions. i keep a diary with what i eat included (see link at bottom) but don't put recipes down, unless someone asks me.

one thing i will say is Cauldron Lincolnshire Sausages are LOADS better than Quorn......they're 0.5 syns per sausage and go great with a cooked breakfast.

4. Jael

Jael Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st0lb(18.75%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hiya! Welcome, fellow veggie here! The slimming world site is full of good veggie recipes. There is a subforum on recipes as well you should check out. But TBH most veggie recipes can be made slimming world friendly! Substitute frylight for olive oil, fat free dairy instead of full fat. If you like quorn, mince etc is often free. The only issue can be cheese (I'm kind of lucky, I really hate most cheese. It tastes like feet!). On green you get 2 HEA, so you can use that for cheese. Also on green, HEB can be used for cheese, so if you need it you can have a cheese fest! VegWeb.com - Vegan Recipes and Cooking Tips is an amazing website for veggie recipes, really easy to search. I discovered rhubarb curry from this (sounds weird but tastes stupendous!)

5. Jael

Jael Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st0lb(18.75%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Oh PS, watch out for those fat free yogurts. Muller contain beef gelatine and many of the pinky yogurts in other ranges have a blood food colourant in. I was really upset about chocolate mousse. ALL diet ones have gelatine! Gu chocolate mousse is divine and veggie but about 1000,000,000 syns! Rats!

6. Suzanne1984

Suzanne1984 New Member

Start Weight:
    12st10.5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.5lb(4.76%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks for you help guys, im determind to stick to it so i think im going to take a look at some receipes and get cooking :)
    My downside is i love pizza so need to get searching for some healthier ones :)

7. mod-karen79

mod-karen79 rainbows holiday buddy :)

there's a Smash pizza which is syn free. if type it into search threads will appear on it..... it's nice, but you have to get the base right.

8. Suzanne1984

Suzanne1984 New Member

Start Weight:
    12st10.5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.5lb(4.76%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks - havent had any lunch yet so im off to try this :)

9. -Tally-

-Tally- Silver Member

I've added a few green recipes to the recipe section, if you search that section for threads started by "themissus" there's a few for homemade soups, spanish omelette, a quorn curry and a quorn hotpot...the hotpot is my fave.

10. *Emsie*

*Emsie* Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World from home
    Theres some nice recipes on the sw site and loads on here!
    Veggie curries and quiches and casseroles are some of my faves!

11. silly sausage

silly sausage Peas on Earth

Start Weight:
    18st6lb
    Current Weight:
    15st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st13lb(15.89%)
    Diet:
    SW veggie
    Hiya Suzanne :wavey:

Watch out for those Options chocolate drinks too. Well dodgy.

12. Suzanne1984

Suzanne1984 New Member

Start Weight:
    12st10.5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.5lb(4.76%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks guys - very helpful
    Just tried the Smash pizza and its fab :)

13. Mala23

Mala23 Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st8lb
    Current Weight:
    18st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(4.38%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan
    Hello!

I'm a fellow veggie too, I love making a tomato sauce and then adding mushrooms, chickpeas, peppers, beans, anything you want! Even quorn. I usually chop some onion or leek, use some fry light to fry them, add chopped tomatoes, herbs and spices and lots of garlic! Then I have these on 2 slices of wholemeal toast with salad, or with potatoes, or I use it as a pasta sauce. Very yummy x

14. Aimee

Aimee hiya!

Veggie here too. :) I just browse all the recipes on the slimming world website they have nice vegeterain recipes on there and if theres a non vegetarian recipe i like the look of ill cook it and replace the meat with quorn.

15. *honey

*honey Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13.5lb(8.33%)
    Diet:
    Slim fast
    Hi ya.
    Another fellow veggie here ( although less strict, i eat fish and will eat Mullers and gelatine, just not actual lumps of meat.) I too adapt all veggie recipes to SW friendly and also like Aimee if i like the sound of a mince or chicken recipe, ie the flavours then i use Quorn mince or fillets.
    My recipe thread is all veggie and has piccys too.

Its here *
    and i am adding to it all the time

16. Tinsel81

Tinsel81 Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'm pescie, and find SW good for vegetarians as green day recipes are usually veggie. The Green Day Recipes book in your meetings might be worth buying, they're all veggie I think.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.