Attack Just starting out... any tips

good luck with starting... best tips is to eat loads of protien and drink loads of water ... take painkillers when the headache hits and ride it out to the other side :D

Boiled eggs. Your oat bran made into muffins. Quiche hope this helps. Nibble when in the house buy bresaola and put in oven till it crisp up mmmmm very nice xxx good luck

You could pack a small cool box / kids lunch box with ice pack in to carry snacks with you.
Drink lots, be prepared to feel knackered, go to bed early, eat as much of the allowed foods as you require. I found the quantity lessened over the days.

crabsticks, boiled eggs, meatballs, strips of chicken. Can all be prepared in advance and if eaten within a set time of leaving the fridge will be ok. I like the cool box though.

We all cope with things in our own way,and I can only echo what the rest have said. Fluids are defiantely important, and the more protein you eat the less hungry you will feel. Its a great diet and will definately work. Good luck hun x

thanks guys! What's Bresaola ? Had a very good first day. My sister has just reached goal after losing over 6stone on dukan in a year and iv got some advice from her and she said i had a perfect protein day today so that's good!! I expect to feel worse tomorrow though as withdrawal hits!Xx

tins of no drain tuna are great for keeping in your desk handbag car etc .... i always have plastic cutlery in my handbag as well

woo hoo, glad the advise worked, its always worked for me.

Well done on the weight loss hun, you've got a good role model in your sister, lots of near to hand help (I had that with my Mum) but onthose days when you think you've already asked too many questions, were here to help LOL

dukannotsofatty said:
woo hoo, glad the advise worked, its always worked for me.

Well done on the weight loss hun, you've got a good role model in your sister, lots of near to hand help (I had that with my Mum) but onthose days when you think you've already asked too many questions, were here to help LOL

Thanks:) i tried dukan when she started it and i gave uo after 8days becos of constant headaches and moody. I was naughty some days so think my body was confused as to whether it was supposed to be i ketosis or not so it was hell! Don't think i ate or drank enough either. But this time round feels 100%easier and Im feeling very confident! Im trying more things too as last time i Didnt experiment and so got very bored (as u can imagine!) tried making the meatloaf tonight however it was so fatty. I rinsed it and rinsed it and when it came it of oven fat was oozing oh the sides.. Eugh !! I used cheaper mince as can't really afford the really lean one but thought if i rinsed it it would be ok? Any in had this too? Xx

Yes, I get it with most of my mince cooking as I can only afford the cheapest too, I buy Aldi pack of 800g for £2.49. Things like meatloaf and patties and meatballs are difficult because you can't really wash the mince without ruining the other ingredients, but draining off all the fat is the only way to go. Maybe try setting it on some soaking paper like kitchen roll first. Not much I can recommend otherwise.

Def the variety works with this, apart from a few recipes i generally have something different nearly every day. Vietnamese beef and Salt and pepper Chicken are my favourites, have them regularly. LOL

Look for recipes, google too, I printed them out and put them in a folder, then plan my week based on the folder and get out the meat the night before that way i am prepared.

Very organised! Thanks for the tips. I rinsed my beef in warm water about 5times then when it came out of the oven i drained the fat and rested it on paper towel. Disgusting how much fat is in it and makes me worry how much more may be in there!! Has it ever affected Ur losses? X

No it hasn't caused me any problems, it's still protein and if we do our best to de-fat it lol, it's still ok. I made cheese burger pie tonight and washed it under running hot tap and turned out ok. Tasted better to..

Could you try Quorn mince instead...not sure of price comparison though but very low fat. I've been using Quorn since day 1 and it seems to be working!

I make a veggie chilli with it...onion, garlic, peppers, mushrooms, tinned toms, chilli, dash of sugar free ketchup (instead of puree)...splodge of yoghurt to cool the chilli!
I have 'peppered quorn steaks' with roasted veg on PV days and rely on Tesco meat free burgers for lunch most PP days!

Back