Just tried the cambridge "muffin"

Discussion in 'Cambridge Diet 100% Posts!' started by Slimbride2009, 12 February 2009 Social URL.

1. Slimbride2009

Slimbride2009 Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st10lb
    Current Weight:
    9st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5lb(20.12%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    And it was quite nice, though a little bitter (not sure why) I don't think I'll be having it often as cooking the mix kills the nutrients... What I WILL be doing however is eating the thick "cake" mix! I mixed in about 3-4tbs water and it was like cookie dough and uttely delicious and chewy and gooey! Much nicer than when I had baked it and the nutrients are not compromised. I usually just make up the packs into shakes but its nice to know you can eat it other ways and feels like a treat! I'll try it thick with the porridge mix tomorrow morning! :D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Piella!!!

Piella!!! Full Member

Do your muffins rise up-like proper muffins or more like teacakes?

4. Slimbride2009

Start Weight:
    11st10lb
    Current Weight:
    9st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5lb(20.12%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Oh no, it did't rise lol. It was more like a really thick American pancake. Depends on the container you cook it in and it just takes the shape. I used a Ramekin dish so it came out looking like a scone/extra thick scotch pancake but exactly the same level as it was before cooking.

5. Piella!!!

Piella!!! Full Member

Ahhhh thanks, I always imagined a big fluffy muffin.wondered where I was going wrong.And yep always bitter-Im leaving that one now.
    Im 100% with you on the cake mix tho-divine!!!
    I love the pate and crisps made out of savoury packs yummmmm

6. Slimbride2009

Start Weight:
    11st10lb
    Current Weight:
    9st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5lb(20.12%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Sounds delicious, only problem with pate is I have to have a cracker with it.... :p

7. tracey001

tracey001 Back again!!

Start Weight:
    13st4.0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st4.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Did you put a crushed sweetner in it??? I tried one with and one without and the one without tasted bitter. Neither were that nice but not to bad if you fancy something different.

8. Piella!!!

Piella!!! Full Member

i make half my pack into pate and the other half into a poppadom-saves the cracker crisis!!

9. Gunna-make-it

Gunna-make-it Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    exante
    I tried the "muffins" and was not keen to be honest - I usually do the same as Piella and make them into a big crisp (usually the chicken and mushroom soup as some of the others are a bit salty)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.