Just wanted to say hi!

Morning all,

Found this site last night as I was looking for a place where I could dump some of my thoughts and here some feedback and hopefully find some motivation too!

I am a 37 year old male, married with two children. I'm (as of last night) at 17 stone and want to be at 13 stone.

I don't intend (for now at least) to follow a particular diet or weight loss programme, because to be honest I don't think my day to day diet is particularly bad - I just need to cut out snacks and get more exercise!

I have always been fat (I hesitated here, I was going to use a word like "big" or "large" but realised I need to actually face my problem and call it what it is - fat!) and have tried many times to lose weight. When I was about 23 I did go from 19 stone 7 down to 13 stone 7 so I know it can be done!

Work is a big problem for me at the moment as I work 10 hour shifts, although it's more like 11 or 11 and a half with travelling. After doing that and making time for my kids, my wife, jobs around the house, etc. it's hard to find the time to exercise let alone the energy.

Add to that the fact that my job sees me out of the office a lot and grabbing lunch that often isn't very healthy because it's cheaper, easier and quicker hasn't helped. I've out on a stone since February and I only started this job on January!

When I am in the office there is always cake or biscuits or ice creams or SOMETHING to tempt me too!

But I am determined that all stops today. No more. I've got to get healthy.

Wish me luck!

Ryan

Thank you!

I've got to say that so far this forum has proved far more supportive than my friend in my office. I quietly told her this morning that I needed to avoid biscuits, ice creams, etc. and she has not stopped going on about the cornettos we have in the freezer since!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!

I've got to deal with that at home a bit too with the Oh and kids, but I'm hoping going to meetings and the forum will help!

My wife is trying to lose some weight herself (about a stone) so I am sure she will be supportive.

To be honest in the past we've probably been each other's own worst enemy, encouraging or suggesting indulging in "naughties" or buying them for each other!

Hello Rsbrowndog & :welcome2: A word of warning though, this place becomes pretty addictive, particularly when you add the app to your phone :D Have to say there is so much info & supprt here. I'm following Slimming World, never been on a diet before that I actually enjoy, it's great, means I can eat what everyone elese is eating, so don't feel deprived or excluded. Just have to make healthy choices & habits, so it's more a lifestyle change than a diet.

Exercise wise, why don't you find something you could do as a family, walks together, bike rides, Wii fit games. We have "Just dance", yeah now I know not very blokey but it's a great workout, fun (once you keep the blinds firmly down) & kids love it & Wii sports resort to get you moving.

Maybe invest in lunch boxes & a cooler bag for the car & take your own.

Anyway I wish you all the best, see you round :wavey:

Hi, thanks for the reply!

Yes, I have the app on my phone and you are right, it's VERY addictive! I am hoping it will help with motivation when I'm struggling.

I've also started a journal where I can write down everything I eat, exercise I do and just my general thoughts and feelings. The idea being when I am fed up and would usually reach for a biscuit I reach fir my book instead and scribble a few lines.

We have a Wii and Wii Fit and I have been thinking about trying it out, but there is also a small gym at work which I intend to use. I used it yesterday for 30 minutes before lunch and hope to hit it again today.

Wish me luck!

When I am in the office there is always cake or biscuits or ice creams or SOMETHING to tempt me too!

But I am determined that all stops today. No more. I've got to get healthy.

Wish me luck!

Ryan

Hey Bro.
Best of luck!
... was I the only one thinking Ryan works in the best office ever?
/D0rkus

Back