Karens Brand New Start Diary

Karen79uk

Hello all - I've been on here before but rather lost the will to continue! After shifting stone my dad fell very ill and I've been looking after him and our family business, so it all went very wrong! I gained 2 stone in total (while still going to group!) over 18 months and then decided enough was enough. I felt I needed to draw a line under what I had been doing and after several attempts at just starting again I thought a more drastic step was what I needed. I rejoined as a new member, ditched my old book with all my lovely shiny stickers on it and lost my weight record in group.

Losing my weight history was something I had mixed feelings about, as I had done well, but I just needed a proper fresh start. It worked and I'm enjoying having a positive reward for losing weight, rather than constantly feeling that I am struggling to get back to where I was. I got my first 1/2 stone sticker after 2 weeks, and was slimmer of the week on my second week. I had to take a week off as dad was at hospital away from home, and I had a small gain, but I've started this week well focused and I figured if you all didn't mind me rambling away on here that might help too!

So here goes - the start of a diary!

I’m having an experimental cooking day today. I fancied soup for lunch, and thought that if I made a double portion I can take it in a flask to have on site when I’m working tomorrow. So I concocted a cauliflower and stilton recipe which worked a treat, though was a bit thick, I’ll have to water down tomorrows!
Dinner will be a treat as I love gnocchi but haven’t had it for ages and ages, its lower syn that I thought, so I’m looking forward to that.
Exercise was rubbish again, but I can now do some in the morning as I don’t have to be out the house early, so I’ll try make up for it then!

Todays food:
Breakfast - 35g porridge oats (HEB) 180ml skimmed milk (1/2 HEA), 1 tsp sugar (1 syn)
Lunch – Cauliflower and stilton soup (1/2 HEB + 1.5 syns), Grapes, Pear
Dinner – Gnocchi Gratin (Gnocchi (5 syns), greek 0% yogurt, broccoli, 1/2 tsp cornflour (0.5 syns) 45g low fat cheese (HEA), 15g Parmasan (1/2 HEA)) Apple, activia snackpot
Snacks – Asda fat free cherry bottomed Greek yogurt (0.5), Hifi Light bar (1/2 HEB), melon

Totals - 2 HEA, 2 HEB, 8 syns

I’m happy that I’m planning well, and have decided when time permits to be more adventurous with my cooking. I think I’ve been stuck in a rut for too long, relying on the old favourites!

I would love to know the recipe for that soup? Love Stilton! Ax

Its dead easy!
[h=1]Makes 2 servings - 4.5 syns each, or ½ HEB + 1.5 syns on green

1/2 Head of Cauliflower (including Stalk), chopped
Medium Potato, diced
1 Small Onion, finely chopped
Fry Light
1/2 tsp Mustard Powder
2 Laughing Cow Blue Cheese Triangles
30g Stilton[/h]Spray a medium sized saucepan with fry light and cook the onions until slightly soft, but not coloured. Add the potatoes, spray again and cook for 3 – 4 minutes.
Add the cauliflower and pour in boiling water to just cover the vegetables. Add salt and pepper and bring to the boil, then reduce
to a simmer. Keep stirring regularly.
When the potatoes are soft, add the mustard, stilton and laughing cow triangles. Simmer for a further 2 – 3 minutes then blend to a smooth soup. Voila!

I actually thought it would make a pretty good cheese sauce base too - might try it next week!

Had a REALLY busy few days, but apart from a minor chocolate and whisky debacle last night I've been ok. Just done some maths on cheese sauce (I live such a full life!) and I've worked out half a pack of Tesco Cheddar Cheese Sauce comes out at 2 syns plus some of my milk allowance - so I'm chuffed to be having proper none yogurty cauliflower cheese with my roast tonight!

I had a horrible low esteem incident on friday when I walked into a lift with a full length mirror in it - felt like crying (by the way the lift was cos I carrying a very heavy box!). I was wearing a top I always thought was flattering and it just looked awful.

Anyway, its spurred me on so thats got to be a good thing really!

Today started with 33 minutes of aerobics, which I was pleased with!

Breakfast - 35g Porridge (HEB), 150ml skimmed milk (1/2 HEA)
Lunch - Mushy pea soup (MUCH nicer than it sounds, got a good kick of chilli and lime in it and its basically just a big bowl of superfree, superspeed greenness!) and an activia snackpot
Dinner will be - Roast quorn, SW roast potato, steamed carrots, cabbage, peas, sprouts and my bargain cauliflower cheese (2 syns + 1/2 HEA). Asda greek yogurt, MIGHT have a glass of wine (6 syns)
Supper - 45g Cheese (1 HEA, 1/2 HEB). 3 Crackerbreads (1/2 HEB)

So 2 HEA 2 HEB 4.5 syns, either 2 syns or 8 syns!

Rubbish weekend splurge on wine Sunday night - spent all day yesterday with a horrible headache and a huge feeling of guilt, then got weighed at home this morning (REALLY must stop that!) and looks like I'm going to pay for it at official weigh in tomorrow too!

Food was good today:

Breakfast – Shreddies and a splash of milk (HEB, 1 syn)
Lunch – Fruit fingers, mushy pea soup
Dinner – Brocolli and potato bake (2 x HEA, 6 syns)
Snacks – 2 x Hifi Light (HEB)

Yesterday I was practically angelic and cut my dessert in half so it was within my syns – big pat on the back for that!

Off to face the music at 9am, not looking forward to it!

Hi hon, I just wanted to pop in say hi!!! I've only been doing SW for 4 weeks, have previously lost almost 2 stone on WW, but prefer SW's eating habits as it just feels healthier. I notice we've both got approx the same weight to shift, and I just wanted to say hi and encourage :) hope WI goes ok tomorrow, and if not, well, it's a brand new week :) It's my *week and I've been awful this week - almost eating anything tht moves or that which doesnt, - I also weigh in tomorrow and am not expecting happy news, but am ready to take it on the chin and knuckle down for the new week ahead. We can do this :) xx

Back