Kat1e's Diary - 7 years low carb - still learning!

Evening all.

I have made it to the end of week 1 and really enjoying myself. Who would have thought that after all these years ignoring the scales and trying to pretend that it didn't matter I was so overweight, I would start a diet that means I have to spend more time being a foodie!:D

Some reflections on the week:
- the shopping looks very different - tons of fresh meat/poultry/fish, more eggs that we have eaten in a year, and loads of veggies.
- had loads more & different veggies in a week than normal
- had to think, plan & anticipate (with pleasure) the meals rather than just throw the usual something together
- I am rarely hungry mid morning
- I like being able to snack on pepperoni, cheese etc without feeling guilty. I am much more likely to stop & have a glass of water first to see if I'm really hungry or just nibbly.
- the washing up has gone up enormously as we are cooking so much from scratch - luckily we have a dishwasher but only a teeny one so it's running a lot!
- I am missing tomatoes (only because they are sitting there for dd to eat)

It will be interesting to see how this all progresses as we get used to the new regime.

And so to today:
B bacon & scrambled eggs (DH is a convert too which is a surprise as a week ago he HATED eggs ;) )
L Roast chicken, a leek and salad
D Lamb steak with red cabbage and cauli mash cakes (didnt quite work out as fell apart!)
S baby pepperami, chorizo & parmesan, slice of meatloaf, flaxmeal crackers - first attempt to make and pretty good - with boursin.

W plenty
E 1 hour Zumba class (exhausting but great fun :p)
A no

Bring on week 2 :D:D:D

Sounds lovely food Kate! I made cauli mash cakes today and mine feel apart too
(secret anyone?) so I added some chopped cabbage and turned it into bubble and squeak. Was very nice!
glad your first week has been so good!
Clare x

Morning Katie, sounds like you have Atkins down to a T love, well done. I'll be there with my son and SIL plus a token swabbie for the Army V Navy game on the 7th of May. :) Do you want me to bring the gang round for a drink? :D
DSCF08701.jpg

morning honey. well done - loved your post!

Katie, I used to live in St Margaret's Road - hated match days, couldn't go out anywhere or I'd lose my parking space :)

Susie, we always start the day at St Margaret's Tavern. :D

Just down the road from where I used to live, Jim - so was prob one of your gang would pinch my parking spot? JK :D

The ex and I used to go there for Sunday lunch all the time.

No we always go for a couple of days Susie, we all meet up Friday night at our hotel and then pretty much drink for 24 hours, and then back home Sunday morning. :D We all stay at Pope's Grotto. We tend to book for next years game as soon as we book in for this years one. :)

Is it? I wouldn't know love, I'm always too pissed. :D

And we are off for week 2!

Thanks for all your comments and support, they really make a difference. I think today was the first day I have had to really consciously do something - I was working back in office and on long telcons (2 hours on product master data anyone:eek:) and really wanted to eat/nibble/chew. First of all drank a ton more water & then succumbed but only to carefully organised pepperami and parmesan. I can see that the "something to do/chew" habit is going to be a good one to break!

I'll be there with my son and SIL plus a token swabbie for the Army V Navy game on the 7th of May. :) Do you want me to bring the gang round for a drink? :D
Err - now I've seen the gang - how about I come and meet you all in the pub - probably early enough you are only in the early stages of your 24 hour drink fest??!!! Of course by May I will be a skinny little thing ;)

So today
B1 bacon (I had to meet someone for a breakfast meeting later and didnt want to risk being starving around a bunch of freshly baked croissants!)
B2 scrambled egg and smoked salmon
L chicken and salad
D grilled salmon and courgette & peppers
S mini pepperami, parmesan, half pack of pork scratchings (wow they filled me up fast - licks lips), will probably test the sf jelly/mouse thing that DH whipped up today

W plenty
E to & from station (hardly counts)
A no

LOL, Morning Katie, do you really want to meet a bunch of old squaddies and their sons. :)

Back