Kat1e's Diary - 7 years low carb - still learning!

Sorry folks - cat has been very poorly last few weeks and today had to take him on final trip to vet. So I'm very sad. Small doses of red wine & chocolate have been helping. Weight ok. Will come & see everyone when I'm a bit cheerier xx

Aw I'm so sorry Katie. We have two fluffballs and I'm dreading anything happening to them. Big hugs :(

Hi all. Thanks for the hugs - feeling a bit better today think the last week/month has been rather a strain. Sat with our other fur ball today and gave him a good comb as he's moulting - think we may have been neglecting him!

Anyway a quick catchup. Been happily low carb since new year and dropped about 2 kg. really enjoyed the 3 week primal challenge - made minor improvements on my core strength but made significant changes in choice of lovely home cooked food, got more sleep, got more day light and generally moved more. Probably ate slightly more vegetable carbs but doesn't seem to have impacted loss. Mostly avoiding wine during the week but had plenty at the weekends plus some dark chocolate so not feeling deprived.

All in all feeling positive although still a few kilos to go. I'm not sure what weight I want - at about 82 and think I need to be 78/79 to get into my favourite trousers for the spring - sounds like a goal to me:)

In the meantime, loving my dancing as usual. Went to Zumba first thing today & then off to London to work but felt good all day. Tomorrow I have meetings all day so will continue with my primal essential movements when I get in - love how easy and straight forward it is to do something at home rather then the gym - body weight exercises are great:D apart from that work is a bit overwhelming so I'm trying to keep doing my mindfulness practice - really helps

Have a great evening xx

Also avoiding wine - stayed off it the whole of January and I'm sure that's why I lost so much. Determined to keep it to a minimum now - it's a devil for creeping up on a girl. ;)

Did a sneaky weigh this morning and I'm still STS. (I know, I know!!) I'd love to see some movement, but still keeping the faith. Oh, and eating like a horse. :)

Katie your inbox is full so I can't send you a PM!

S x

Ok - tonight's devil was hubby....I'm going to my parents tomorrow. They will offer me wine. It will give me hangover if I'm out of practice. So we need red with dinner tonight!

Red wine with our primal "lasagna" was lovely:). Had a busy day out - no time to dance but did manage my 10k steps...

And emptied my inbox Spinoza!
Xx

Morning all, last week before a bit of a break for half term. Everything going well altho work feeling a bit overwhelming. Away wed-fri facilitating on a leadership programme - hope they can feed me appropriately! Last time I had tummy aches the whole time:sigh:

Weight coming off slowly and should continue as long as not too much vino gets in the way. We went out to Criterion restaurant in London sat night - food amazing, service chaotic, wine lovely, hangover terrible:p

Hope all well & have a great week xx

Well done Katie on the exercise and all the steps! it's half term here in Scotland but doesn't apply to me anymore however loving how quiet the roads are on the way into work. Here's hoping there's something for you to eat at the programme x

Roll on half term Katie. Vino getting in the way of my loss big time - did fab in Jan when I was completely off it, but lo and behold, as soon as I start back, even though it's strictly weekends only, my losses stop. You'd think I would have learned by now. :break_diet:

Good luck on your course this week and hope the food works out OK.

S x

Hi Katie, enjoy your mid term break, I have subscribed to your paleo/primal thread, you seem to be enjoying the way of eating. I plan on starting on it tomorrow.

No wine x 2 nights = 2lbs off (so 1lb for the week). Fingers crossed I'll keep that off over half term!

S x

Morning all, just to say that I'm still around and still low carbing. Stuck a bit at 81/82 ish mainly due to 2 weeks of wine with some choccie and a few chips over half term. 4 weeks to easter hols so will aim to sneak a bit off that.

Doing all my dancing which I love
No wine mon-thu
Made sure we ran out of Lindt 70%!

Have fun x

Need to take a leaf out of your book - Going to try no wine mon-thur too! It's so hard lol.

Hi S - agree tricky but much easier than pretending I'll give it up for longer than 4 days:)

Anyhow, scales saying 81 and clothes don't feel too bad so we'll see where I get to in 3 weeks. DH is trying to go wheat free to see if that helps his finger joints (swollen) - which should be pretty straightforward.......except for the beer Friday and pizza yesterday :eek: anyway his main problem is that he doesn't function too well with very low carb so has been baking - chocolate almond brownies, almond biscotti, almond pancakes and now he's just whipping up some little almond and lemon muffins for coffee when parents come in an hour. All delicious but not necessarily helpful:D

Hope all well & enjoy the rest of the weekend x

Hi Katie, Wow DH's baking sounds fab. Well done on getting back on track.

After many experiments I've discovered it's mostly commercial bread that is the problem with me and I'm fine with pasta and sprouted breads etc. Maybe the same for DH? X

Hi Katie,how are you?

Well what a pleasant surprise to find minimins up & running:)

No real change for me as I head towards my 5th year anniversary! Still sitting about 82kg when I should be 79. Still enjoying lots of red wine & chocolate at the weekends. Still low carb generally avoiding all grains (which cause me problems). Still a huge foodie & love living like this. Oh yes & dancing 6x a week when work doesn't get in the way!

Hope my minimin friends will reappear:) xx

Hi Katie, The timing of minimins return is brilliant. Great to see you and looks like your still rocking the lc way and dancing too- well done.

I woke up this morning and decided to give lc another go after months on low cal. and was thinking of you and knowing I couldn't contact you was strange and here you are! I'm going to keep to real food no lc tortillas except the kind I make myself with coconut flour. Pinterest has lots of great lc recipes.

I'm hoping our low carb family return. :)

hooray - I'm not alone talking to myself:) Perfect timing to get back to low carb ! I dont use any funny lc stuff anymore. Either dont need it or there's a vegetable that's better!

Back