Kat1e's Diary - 7 years low carb - still learning!

Hi Katie, I have just found out Minimins is back. I am SO chuffed. What a boost. Good to see you again. HIYA!!!!!!!

Hi Katie, I have just found out Minimins is back. I am SO chuffed. What a boost. Good to see you again. HIYA!!!!!!!
Hi Lynne, good to see you too. I know it will get busy here in the new year:)

Howdy all, hope you have all had a wonderful Christmas so far! Plenty of eating & drinking going on this end although not doing the carb fest that my previous self would have drowned in!! Amazing how much turkey you can eat if you don't have potatoes etc; also found some gluten free mince pies that I'm treating myself to half a day. Was aiming for xmas pud but we were all too full to eat it Christmas Day!

My trousers are getting a bit tight so I'm actually looking forward to January and getting some exercise....

Hope you are all well Xxx

Happy new year everyone :D:D:D

Morning folks, hope everyone has had a lovely holiday.

I realise that it 5 years since I decided to change my life & found minimins to help me do it! I am grateful every day for my health & fitness so thanks for all who helped me along the journey:)

Still one day of entertaining to go, but feeling bloated & ready to stop - so roll on monday. Also hopped on the scales this morning & says 85kg which is pretty awful. Luckily I know 1-2kg will come straight off once I stop eating crisps, chocolate and christmas cake:) So goal is going clean & green plus counting carbs for 1 week to get off any sugar addiction. Then from 11th there is a primal 21 day challenge starting which I'm planning to join - that's good because it focuses on health, sleep, movement as well as diet

Target for end january - say about 79/80 kg? More important target is to make sure my trouser waistlines aren't tight!

See you all here tomorrow bright & ready to rock xxx

Evening folks, well day 1 well underway. Felt pretty rough last night - probably because I tried some GF cake & biscuits. You would think that I know that just because it's GF and wont give me spots, doesn't mean my body wants that stuff in it! Anyway, stomach started to improve this morning....

Also back to dancing today - was rather a shock and everything hurt even though we didn't do much; amazing how fast your fitness goes! Been snacking on marmite cheese - will have to keep an eye on that once off the sugar properly but good to manage appetite for now.

finally a true test - no wine with dinner just coming up! I wonder how we will do......:p

Happy new year You are nearly there on completing your first day back Its so hard getting back on the wagon

Hooray - survived a whole evening without wine- there was a discussion with hubby though so it was close:p

On to day 2 - looking forward to Zumba later on this morning!

Happy New Year Katie!

Looks like you are off to a good start:)
Thanks Mini - think getting started is one of the hardest parts!

Anyhow, day 2 gone well so far. Fabulous Zumba this morning & my watch reckoned it was more calories than usual - I wonder if it's because I was feeling unfit (so my heart rate was probably higher than usual?)

Generally been fairly hungry but hopefully that will die down by the end of the week. Just had my favourite low carb dinner- chicken baked with parmesan, garlic & mayonnaise - does it get any better than this:) Also no urge for wine - hooray!

Onwards & downwards/inwards.....

Evening folks - getting to the end of day 3. Had a bad night last night - DD couldn't sleep at all (& is old enough not to generally do this) so I was up til 1am with her & then wide awake, miserable, stressed & anxious through til 2 or so. Not pleasant....Combination of things I suppose & could be some carb withdrawal too:(

Anyhow, was still blue this morning but have stuck to low carb, had cheese to stave off hunger, restarted my mindfulness and went dancing. Feeling slightly brighter so hope that was a one off...

But DD currently having a bad time with homework & I'm on my own this evening....

Hey ho, onto day 4

Hi Katie, I've just moved my thread over to this board as I'm low carbing now..gonna have a mooch through your thread! I'm on day 7 now. Sorry to hear you're not feeling great and hope your daughter is feeling better today.

Hi Katie, I've just moved my thread over to this board as I'm low carbing now..gonna have a mooch through your thread! I'm on day 7 now. Sorry to hear you're not feeling great and hope your daughter is feeling better today.
Thank you - think it's all improving! Will take a look for your thread.

So day 4 - woke up this morning with a headache after a restless night (DD snuck into my bed hmmmm!). What I would call a "hang-under" ie detoxing from both sugar and wine!
However felt better as the day progressed & had nice walk over the river back to waterloo this afternoon in the sunshine. Home for emails & then out to meet a friend at the Argentinian steak house:) Perfect food & she was off wine too so that helped.

Hoping for a good nights sleep & then hopefully well back in the low carb swing.

Morning all, a quick catch up.

day 5 - fri - all my energy came storming back. Did lots of running around & getting ready as my MIL arrived to stay for a while. A bit bunged up but that seems to have sorted itself out. No cravings for anything and enjoyed a glass of red wine with hubby for dinner.

day 6 - sat - off to Sat morning zumba & feeling on top of the world. Spent the day clearing stuff out, moving out of my office & generally tidying up as FIL arrived to stay too (it's a bit full in our house at the moment!) Rather exhausted myself & achy back but feels good to de-clutter as really helps me feel better when I do (body & mind!) Food still on track - wine for dinner but didn't even feel like chocolate (is there something wrong:p )

day 7 - sun - rest day from exercise. I'm supposed to be clearing the pantry of everything ready for the primal 21 day challenge starting tomorrow - but with in laws here, the reality is there is going to be lots of carby & sugary stuff around the house. Don't think that's a big issue as I've been living low carb for 5 years & most stuff isn't even attractive anymore....
More difficult is we are supposed to be doing a fitness review at the start of the challenge - but I can't put my pullup bar up (uses the guest room). Doesn't really matter as I know I can't do a single pullup......:)

Out to pub for lunch today - will aim for a salad or burger sans bun. Can't have my usual steak as that's planned for dinner.....

Hope you are all well & you are enjoying the weekend xx

Glad you are doing well. The 'hang-under' had me loling :D :D The stuggle is real ☺ Im still not back working out. Had a 4km walk last night and nearly died lmao. Doing your diary in days makes me more confident that this horrid feeling will pass :)

Howdy all, still around, still low carbing:)

Somehow never really got focused post christmas due to in laws etc & then easter came along & I was sitting at 85 still & had to buy a larger pair of work trousers - unacceptable!!

So hubby & I got really focused & did 3x 5 day fat fasts across 3 weeks - down to 81 & comfortably low carbing now as usual. Goal is 79 but not too serious as feeling fab & clothes fit. Anyway, half term coming up & the vino is always a problem....

So just sticking with MFP during the week, avoiding those alcoholic calories & doing my usual 4-6 dance classes a week

Off to zumba shortly! Hope all well xxx

I am glad you have made the decision, and I am sure you will stick to it. As to the dance classes, -I feel exhausted just reading about it!!! I wish I had that much energy. Best wishes xXx

Morning all - getting demob happy here as it's half term from this afternoon.

I work for myself so really struggling to get focused - even though lots I want to get done so I can have the next week off guilt free. I dont think the sunshine helps!

Feeling good food & exercise-wise - weight dipping slightly below 81 which is good as now have a week of friends, vino, meals out & laziness to follow. So I will enjoy, try not to go crazy & deal with impact in 10 days time

Happy bank holiday weekend all:)
xx

Back