Hi all, what do you think to today's menu..I'm fairly new to low gi

Breakfast- muesli with skimmed milk and berries

Snack- 2 oatcakes and carrot sticks with a bit of hummus

Lunch- ravioli with wholemeal wrap

Snack- 1 apple

Dinner- homemade Greek burgers with salsa and new potatos

:) x

Hi Kate, and welcome to low GI/GL!

Food's looking good. Though potatoes are a bit on the higher end of GI/GL. I tend to eat them on my weekends for my 80/20 rule. If I eat pasta, I try to get wholegrain pasta or spelt pasta. They taste a bit different, but I got used to it and actually enjoy the taste now:)

Hi Kate :)

I love oatcakes and houmus. Definately a favourite snack in the Skerry household.

Menu looks good Kate
Welcome and good luck!!

Sweet potato is the best option but baby new potatoes are possibly the lowest of the normal potatoes so I'd go with them! I tend to have them once a week and have lost an average of 2lbs a week since starting so you should be fine!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Sorry I havnent replied until now ice pop! Greek burgers are... Lean mince, egg, sun dried tomato paste, oregano and feta cheese all mixed basically! They are yummy!!

I ate a few chocies today see my thread ,but it could have been worse,it was hard to stop the instant sugar hit and I had not got my usual healthy snack with me.not done any exercise too cold to walk home and offered a lift.

I find i have to be organised and menu plan
going out to a friends Birthday meal Thurday, the portion are small ,but good so it will work out well.

When do you get weighed?

Back