Kate's Slimming Diary

Miss Kate

Hi guys,

I'm new to slimming world so decided to start a food diary on here to get tips and motivation! Feel free to point out if I'm going wrong as I think it's going to take some getting used to. I'm following the extra easy plan.

Bit of background info about me :) I'm in my 20's working as a support worker and I live in Ireland. I'm 5'6 (and a half!) and I weigh 11 and a half stone. Well probably a bit more now I've been avoiding weighing myself! I lost weight previously on Weightwatchers and maintained it for a while at 10.7 stone but recently lost some of my good habits and piled on the weight quite fast. I'm aiming to loose about a stone then see how I go from there!

Looking forward to reading everyone else's diaries! I'll post what I had today and would love some feedback!

Last edited:
Monday 14/10/2013

Brunch- Two poached eggs (f) on two slices of wholemeal bread (HEXB) mushrooms cooked in lemon juice (sf) and two grilled tomatoes (sf)
Snack- Bowl of chopped nectarine (sf) and grapes (sf) with fat free natural yoghurt (f)
Dinner- Stir fry made with egg noodles (f) mushrooms (sf) onion (sf) beansprouts (sf) prawns (f) egg (f) cooked in low fat spray (f) nam pla (f) and light soy sauce (f)
Snack- Another bowl of fruit (sf) and fat free yogurt (f)

I didn't have breakfast today as I was in the doctor with a kidney infection so it kind of messed up my plan a bit. I ended up not having my hexa or any syns. There's a pack of chocolate hob nobs downstairs I may have one if I'm still hungry later! They're 4.5 syns.

Does anyone know if milk in tea is counted as a hexa? I only had two cups with small dashes of low fat milk.

Last edited:
I'm putting free and superfree beside all my foods on my diary as I'm still getting used to everything! I hope I'm not going wrong!

I'm loving grapes mixed with fat free natural yogurt! I could eat it all day. I must pick up some bananas tomorrow too to mix in :)

Which cereal bars can you eat for breakfast as a hexb?

Alpen lights are 2 for a hex b

Aldi do their own less than 70 cal bars which are also 2 for hexb :)

Thanks! I live near an aldi so must go get some tomorrow! I don't think I have time to stand there cooking eggs every morning! :)

Can anyone tell me what quark tastes like? And where can you buy it?

Still in bits with my kidney infection :sigh:
I have a plan for food today though! Still feeling motivated even stuck in bed!

20131014_131751.jpg20131015_105542.jpg

Yesterdays and today's breakfasts! Don't know why the pics are sideways...

Hi Kate,
I'm subscribing :0)
I'm from Ireland too - Kerry. What about you?? There's no groups near me so I'm doing it from home myself. Although a little bit half heartedly at the moment if I'm honest! I keep finding myself saying, sure I'll have sugar in my tea this time or ill fry in a little bit of oil this time etc etc! Only fooling myself really :-/
I lost half a stone doing this before (very slowly) but Like you, I'd love another stone off but if I carry on like I am I'll never get there! Ooops!!!
Must try harder, must try harder lol :)

Hi Kate,
I'm subscribing :0)
I'm from Ireland too - Kerry. What about you?? There's no groups near me so I'm doing it from home myself. Although a little bit half heartedly at the moment if I'm honest! I keep finding myself saying, sure I'll have sugar in my tea this time or ill fry in a little bit of oil this time etc etc! Only fooling myself really :-/
I lost half a stone doing this before (very slowly) but Like you, I'd love another stone off but if I carry on like I am I'll never get there! Ooops!!!
Must try harder, must try harder lol :)

Hi :) great to hear from you, do you have a diary I can subscribe too? Sounds like we're quite similar! I find I go off the wagon quite easily at the weekends and I don't see the weight creeping on till it's too late.
I'm originally from Kildare but living in Dublin at the moment :)

Back