Katies low carb adventure...

KatHmum

Hello,

I'm in the second week of a low carb lifestyle and intend to be on induction for 2 months to begin with. for the last 2 years I've been losing weight using VLCDs then gaining it back again, so frustrating! for the first time ever I'll be weighing my food and using MFP to log every morsel that passes my lips. All hints and tips will be welcome. My user name on MFP is katieme if anyone wants to be my friend and share food diaries. Looking foward to sharing this journey :)

Todays menu

Breakfast
2x eggs scrambled with a bit of double cream and a few bits of chunky bacon pieces

Lunch
spinach olives celery feta crispy bacon cucumber

Dinner (if I get a julienne peeler in time)
zoodles with meatballs

Snack

John West chilli and garlic tuna infusion 80gm

very excited about trying out zoodles am gettin a bit sick of spinach!

Hello katie from another katie!

Atkins is great - works both for losing weight and maintaining so good luck!

Zoodles are brilliant, it was well worth the mad dash after work to find a peeler! I had turkey breast with philidelphia stir and serve. Today I feel fab energy levels are up and I generally feel better than I have in a long time I made progress with my water intake yesterday and hit my 3ltr goal. My OH is really sceptical about atkins and want so much prove him wrong he's also sick of me being on a diet and not losing weight!

Breakfast
4 herta frankfurters
2 Egg omlette
cooked in EVOO

Lunch
piri piri mackerel
spinach
celery
cucumber without peel

I've bought some hot and spicy fridge raiders incase I need an emergency snack :)

Used a keto stick last night it showed that I had traces. Does anyone else use these?, do you find them reliable?

Better do some work!

Hi Katie,

I'm starting tomorrow or Saturday whenever I can go shopping! I'm on a VLCD at the moment so thought I'd subscribe and see how you do and get some tips! :)

Hello Sam

I look forward to sharing this adventure :) I've had a good day quite heavy on the calories need to reign it in a bit tomorrow. Good luck with your transition enjoy eating again! :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

So Friday and Saturday night I had high carb dinners (out). Friday was a chicken ceylon with naan no rice and a small cobra beer then yesterday a roast chicken dinner with a small glass of wine and a tiny piece of apple pie. I expect this to haunt me in the scales on Tuesday. Onwards and upwards the longer I do this hopefully I will get more confidence in telling people and making better choices when I'm not 100% in control. This morning I'm going to remembrance Sunday parade then out for lunch with family. What a beautiful day to give thanks to all who made the ultimate sacrifice and show their families our respect. We will remember them.

I have my determind head on this week.... Todays Menu

2x egg omlette cooked in olive oil
30gm chorizo

Lunch
1.5 grilled chicken thigh
30gm babyleaf salad
cucumber
celery
spring onion
2 tsp St Agur blue cheese spread (as dressing)

Dinner

3x Debbie and Andrew 97% pork sausages
1x large flat mushroom

Lots of water and decaff coffee, where thers a will theres a way! fingers crossed for weigh day tomorrow would be thrilled with 12st 10 after my less than great weekend.

Not a succesfull weigh in this morning with a 2lb gain serves me right for deviating from the plan over the weekend. Staying focused and trying not to slip in to bad habits.

Breakfast
1x debbie and andrew 97% sausage
1x flat mushroom
1/2 table spoon olive oil

lunch
chicken and feta salad

Dinner
home made cheese burger
celeriac chips

snack
deli 24 cheese and ham stick

I will weigh again on Friday hopfully be back down to 12st 10:(

The weekend is getting closer :) looking foward to switching my alarm clock off!

Breakfast
30gm sliced hot n spicy mattersons sausage
2 x eggs scrambled
dash of double cream
butter

Lunch
piri piri mackerel fillets
babyleaf salad
stick of celery
cucumber

Dinner
Bratwurst
White cabbage

Snack
marmite cheese
emergency tuna in desk draw

My target today is to hit 3Ltrs of water. I'm not in Ketosis but hope to be by Sunday.
Feel quite good never hungry. 34Lbs to my goal.

TFI Friday! I'm ready to face all the carb loaded challenges of the weeknd.

Breakfast
mattersons hot n spicy sausage 50gm
3 Medium closed cup mushrooms
1 marmite Cheese
all nuked in the microwave

Lunch - last nights leftovers

2x bratwurst sausage
150gm white cabbage
1 x tbsp helmans mayo
1 x tsp colemans mustard

Dinner - havent thought that far yet.

Hoping to see some good results on the scales Tuesday starting to feel a bit dubious that low carb is working for me. :(

Mondays aren't fundays.

I've been thinking about doing the 5:2 diet in conjunction with Atkins to speed up the results.

Today I've had
80gm john west basil tuna infusion

Planning on having something small under 300 cals for dinner.

Weekend was another disaster night out with OH friday indian and unscheduled trip to the pub, Sat hangover. Sunday family meal at pizza hut and trip to the cinema. Hanging my head in shame at my total lack of will power I am my own worst enemy! Why do I find this so hard. weigh in tomorrow fully expect no change.

Arggggg +2Lb I'm going the wrong way!

Woops back to the drawing board no drama I'm in for the long haul.

Todays menu

2 egg omlett
crispy bacon pieces
24gm cheddar cheese
1.5 tbs olive oil

lunch
tesco sweet potato and chilli soup 13gm carb

dinner
Chicken wings
celeriac chips

All add up to 20gm Carbs

Excercise

30 min Rowing machine

3Ltrs Water

Next Tues will be a positive weigh day :)

Yesterday went almost to plan didnt manage the rowing but everything else was spot on!
Today

Breakfast

John west basil tuna infusions
mixed salad
1 x tbs helmans mayo

Lunch

Sweet potato & chilli soup

Dinner

2x debbie and andrew sausage
celeriac mash
broccoli

3 Ltrs of water

will attempt to go on the rowing machine but it's dependent on my Lo going to bed early!
Feeling really positive :)

Thursday!

Breakfast
120gm Leftover white cabbage
34gm chorizo
1 x Tbs olive oil

Lunch
Tesco finest sri lanken chicken soup 13gm carb

Dinner
tesco piri piri chicken wings

Snack
2 x pepperami

The reason I have been using the majority of my carbs on soup latley is I misread the lables some were carbs per 1/2 tub but the ones I bought were per 100gms which is much higher than I thought they were. They are bought and paid for so will have to eat :( but I have worked around them to keep at around 20gm carbs per day. Lesson learnt in reading lables properly.
Had sausages with celeriac mash yesterday I think I actually prefer it to potato. I've totally gone off eggs cant stand the thought of eating them may have overdone it with the omletts. Still aiming for 3Ltrs of water think it's the best thing I've done so far as was massivley constipated last week (sorry TMI)

Today is another good day :)

Having salt and chilli spare ribs for dinner to celebrate my oh moving in with us :)

Saturday fail as usual Sunday back on track :)

Just another manic Monday!

Breakfast
2xegg mayo salad

Lunch
thai chicken soup 14gm carb

Dinner
Chicken mayo salad

Snack
deli 24 chorizo and gouda stick
olives

Looking forward to weigh in tomorrow I have noticed differences in my waist this week could the scales be finally on the way down :)

Back