Kat's TS Journey

PrincessKat

So, finally starting Exante today –YAY! Thought I should start a diary to help keep me on track.

A bit of background:
I've always been overweight, I likeeating. I'm not a foodie but I like eating. In 2008 I tipped thescales at 19st 6lbs and size 26, until I did 4 months on Cambridgeand lost 5 stone! I felt fab, sill overweight but fab. Then I met afella, got comfy and put some back on. Since then I've maintainedaround a large 14 and even got down to a 12 Slimming World. Myrelationship broke down and I was living on my own again, out camethe comfort eating, the nights on the sofa with the telly and my petsrats for company. I have a good social life but at 27 I've reached apoint where most of my friends are settled with kiddies so planingweek day get togethers is hard. I work in a desk job too so don'tthink that's helped. Anyway, over time my size 14s got tight butnevermind, a 16 is ok isn't it, then they got tight too! I now admitI'm back up to a size 18. Luckily I'm 5ft 9 so I can carry a bit ofweight but not this much. I feel huge, I know I'm not as big as Ihave been and there was a time I'd have berated someone for calling asize 18 huge but it's all about how you feel in yourself isn't it.

Why a VLCD:
Like many people I WANT RESULTS NOW!For me, 1/2lb here and there is no good. I find it really hard tomaintain motivation at that speed and living on my own means I cancheat easily, especially since I have to walk through Morrisons carpark to get home from work! I think I need to reset my relationshipwith food. I've been using it as a comfort blanket, reward system andboredom buster for too long. As for why I chose Exante, that's downto price and the support I found was available here.

So, that's me. Half nervous as hell,half bursting with excitement. I've emptied my cupboards, got myshaker, breath spray, new water filter cartridges, 2 empty litrebottles of water, coke zero and my packs. The only thing that can letme down is ME!

I plan to do 10 weeks at 100% then takea weekend off, coming back to either TS or WS depending on my weightthen. I plan to carry on my normal exercise (including coming homefor lunch so I have to climb the 3 flights of stirs to my flat atleast twice per day!), then buy WiiFit in October and eventually joina gym once I'm within 1[SUP]st[/SUP] of target. I know I need to be12st 1lb for a healthy BMI (not that I've ever had that before) butwould like a 7lb buffer zone so my goal is around 11st 8lbs.

Start Weight: 15st 13lb
Goal Weight: 11 8lbs

To Lose: 4st 5lb

Hello :) sounds like you've got a good plan. I'm
Only on day four but I'm hoping to lose 39lbs then review the situation from there!!

First shake down at 8am. If I had packed both parts of the same blender when I moved it would have helped but shaker did just fine. Banna shake was actually quite nice. Already had 1ltr of water so all in all going quite well.

Quick update. Had 3.5ltrs water so far and just finished my third pack. Had Strawberry for lunch and Thai Chicken for tea. Was a bit worried as I'd heard they are a bland compared to CD but I'm very pleasantly surprised.
Felt a bit woozy at work earlier so need to work on spacing packs a bit more I think.
Bit if card making and an early night ahead.

I'm officially calling day 1 a success.

Surprised I'm feeling this good since I've had no fizzy pop and I can usually easily do 2ltrs a day. Going to try and stay off coke zero for as long as poss, but out for the day on Sat so might get a can to try look normal ha ha.

Looking forward to my bumper pack tomorrow to try the bars. Won't get it until late evening though as it's being delivered to a friend.

Hope day 2 goes as well as this.

Well done Kat - sounds like an absolute success and you're very organised with it all! It was my first day on it today and it also went surprisingly well! The bars I can see being very useful as after a couple of days I can predict the urge to chomp and chew will set in so although today did soup/shake/bar - tomorrow going to try 2 soups and a shake and save the bars for more towards the end of the week. Did try the choc and orange bar today tho and it was honestly super nice! Think they will be a godsend with helping at me overcome the hardest diet part for me, the dreaded sweet tooth sugar craving!!! Best of luck for tomorrow, tell me what you think and what products you enjoy best when you get your bumper pack and have a tried a couple.

Chantel x

Hi Chantel, I spent all day thinking about how fab it would be to have a bar and a diet coke zero tonight. Turns our there, Erm, ok. I found myself thinking about food afterwards too, that is probably just habit though as I used to constantly graze in the evening.

Todays been ok. Had a few iffy/light headed moments but they passed. Been feeling really cold, but I think that is just the weather ha ha.
Today I've had:
Vanilla shake, not too impressed
Vegetable soup, again edible but not the best,
Choc orange bar, not as chocolatey as I'd hoped and quite dry but ok.
4.5ltr water + had pint of water in the pub.
Small bottle coke zero.

Considering I've now not eaten "proper" food for 48 hours I'm feeling pretty good. Any cravings has passed very quickly.
Am doing a craft fair tomorrow so I'll be busy which is good as I fear the worst is yet to come ha ha.

Day 4. Woke up feeling fab which I'm happy about after feeling so rubbish yesterday. Just had a chocolate shake which was ok, I'men going to make it as hot chocolate next time.
My Maxi-Muscle shaker has started leaking last night halfway through mixing my soup so I'm off to buy a blender.
Going for a walk in a min, not sure how far, usual routes are around the 5/6mile mark, might cut it down to 3, can always tag a quick lap of the block on the end.

Day 4 summary
Think I pushed myself to hard with the walk, did 4.75 miles in 1hour 20, which is much slower than usual and I was sweating on the uphills which is unusual. When I got back I had a bar and went for a nap, which kinda defeats the point. Need to remember I am only on day 4 of a VLCD and my body is confussed already.
Overall today has been great, not felt hungry but had the odd tummy rumble to remind me it's still there. Watched Man Vs. Food and started thinking of all the lush stuff I could be eating. I turned the channel over pretty quickly!

Todays menu:
Choc shake
Choc orange bar
Tomato and Basil soup - pretty much had to force it down but won't give up after just trying if once.
4ltrs water (possibly 4.5 as I think I drank a half bottle before refilling this morning)
2 330ml cans coke zero.

Day 5 is almost over.
I have now tried all the products and (apart from purple bar) they are all edible but most of the soups leave a bit to be desired. Think my faves are Thai chicken soup, and all shakes except vanilla. Have heard that the others can grow on you. I'm really not looking forward to the tomato soup again though!

Deffo overdid my Sunday stroll. Have been achy all day and had jelly legs climbing the stairs to the flat tonight. I did just do about 45 mins playing in Wii Sport, not exactly olympian but better than sitting on my backside.

Been thinking of food a lot today. There were loads of goodies at work today and although I wasn't hungry I did find it hard to resist. Walking home past Morrisons advertising was odd too, I was going "Oooh, only £1 that would be yummy". Guess it's all about breaking the habits if buying any crap I fancied and stuffing my face. Just kept thinking of how good I'll feel on the scales on Thursday and later when I'm thinner.
No amount if Ben and Jerrys or Jaffa Cakes is worth it, feeling great for half an hour just to add to my self loathing afterwards is just NOT an option.

Summary
Breakfast - vanilla shake
Lunch - choc orange bar
Dinner - mushroom soup
Water - 5ltrs
2 cans coke zero.

Day 6 done.

So, I have a confession, for all my I don't want to get focused on the scales, I won't weigh until 28 days... I have become a daily weigher. I'm not setting it in stone, the only reading I will "officially" use is on Thursdays but it has kept me motivated. I'm planning on weaning myself off over the next week.

Anyway, forgot to have my 3rd pack until half 8. I'm taking that as a good sign. Also, I swear my face looks thinner today, or maybe I'm willing it too?

Today has been much better than yesterday, hardly thought of food at all. Kept myself busy this evening by playing Wii Sports, having a bath and painting my nails.

Summary
Breakfast - choc shake on crushed ice and a tsp of coffee
Lunch - orange bar
Dinner - Vegetable soup - vile! How I imagine look warm vomit would taste/feel.
Coke zero - 2 cans
Water - 4.5ltrs possibly 5.5 I honestly can't remember how many times I filled up my bottle at work this morning, would explain why my new nickname us Shergar though.

Just one more day if my first week left :)

Day 7! A whole week done. So excited for scales but also very nervous. My clothes don't feel different so maybe a 7lbish loss. Purposefully didn't weigh this morning.

Nothing to report today, it's been fine, very normal actually, think I might be getting used to this. Famous last words??

Summary
Breakfast - iced strawberry shake
Lunch - orange bar
Dinner - Thai chick soup
No coke zero
Water - 6 ltrs

So, the results are in..... 9.5lbs! In one week. Soooo happy, i'm now low 15s. I know it's water weight mainly but it will certainly help keep me on track.

Thats a fab loss well done :)

I've realised how ungrateful that post sounds. Trust me, I was doing cart wheels inside but I'd just done the three Ws (wake, wee, weigh) so was still half asleep. A whole 9.5lbs just gone. Thats a whole baby, a whole other life albeit a small one. It's also roughly 4 2ltr bottles of pop or 9 bags of sugar IN A WEEK!
Tried having the tomato soup in a bowl today rather than straight from blender cup. It was much nicer, will give the others ago like that. Also, I think because I've been concious of getting them down in 15mins I've had them warm but not hot. Will try not putting cold water in first next time.
Struggled a bit today. Not sure why just really blooming hungry. I've tested and i'm still in Ketosis but my belly is rumbling like mad. I'm also getting sick of water. Could just be because of having a bad day, I got in from work at 5:15 grabbed a coke zero and shoveled a bar in before even sitting down. Later on I was watching tv looking at my water thinking "Eurgh, really?" It's a blooming good job my house is food free apart from the rats veggies, I'd feel guilty depriving them of carrot. I've also stared getting spots and my hair us really dry, hope this is a temporary thing. Today of all days I should be on top of the world, still tomorrow is a new day.

I've cleared my wardrobe out and arranged what's left in to fits me, soooo close, give i a few weeks and OMG I used to wear that and still think I fat :sob: . Looking at them in my wardrobe in descending size will hopefully help keep me going as I work my way through them. This time i'm throwing out stuff as it gets to big. Going back up is not an option.

Breakfast - Iced vanilla with coffee
lunch - tom soup
dinner - bar
2 cans coke zero
5.5ltrs water.

Ergh, feeling proper rough today. Had 4 or 5 hours sleep the last three nights and getting up to pee. Today i can barely jeep a sentance together at work and I feel shaky. Guess this makes up for a relatively easy first week. It may not be the diet but I'm not sure.

Oh no, Kat! Hope you feel better. Maybe take it easy? I felt shaky a few hours after going to the gym the first time after starting Exante TS, so maybe you're doing a bit too much? I found just having an extra pack on that day helped a lot. I've found I'm waking at 5am too lately, which is annoying. Let us know how you get on. Brilliant diary :)

Thanks Carolina, updating this is helping keep me focused and sane without boring my friends to death. Still dog tired but not shaky now. Plan was to clean my rats out and do some housework but don't have energy and would rather not do half-assed job on my girls. Worryibgly I hadn't really exerted myself, have had some work stuff on my mind and been doing Wii fit and things like walking the long way to a friends. Have NOTHING planned for tomorrow so will write tonight off and then just potter round flat tomorow.
How's things going with you? Tried to send you a pm but don't think you've reached the dizzy heights of 50 posts yet lol.

Ah Kat! hope you feel better soon! i have been feeling lethargic the last couple of days and bit more hungry than normal so i dont know what is going on? Thought maybe i was coming down with something but nothing apart from tired and hungry!! take care and chill out this weekend :) x

Thanks, chilling out is the plan.

Had a bar and coke zero and planned to chillax. Night took an unexpected turn, one if my rats had to be rushed to the vets and ended up being pts. Kinda stopped me being sleepy and filled me with adrenaline.

Now I'm chillaxing with rubbish telly, have a bath and then head for bed by half 8.... Rock n roll!

Summary
Breakfast - banana shake
Lunch - "frappucino" Exante style
Dinner - bar
1 can Coke Zero
4ltrs water

Back