Kay am back! And I *AM* getting to target.

newlou

I joined this site earlier in the year (perhaps late last year??) as I started my Slimming World journey. I lost 18lbs in 9 weeks and then literally the day that I went wedding dress shopping everything went to pot. I thought I would feel more motivated if anything but it turns out I don't handle pressure well! I went off the rails and bought a size 20 dress.

We got married in September and I'm gutted sometimes when I look at the pics because I felt frumpy and uncomfortable - BUT! - I am back now. The only reason I am now losing weight is because I want to be healthy. I rejoined slimming world tonight and start properly tomorrow. Will update here as and when, as before. I have a good bit of timber to shed but I'm feeling really good about it now the pressure is off. :)

Last edited:
I'm feeling very positive about SW today and have had a 100% day today.
For breakfast I had a HiFi bar and a banana, for lunch I had a mugshot and another banana and for tea I had an omelette with lots of veggies. I'm feeling under the weather, however, so haven't eaten all of the above and as I was shattered before college and feeling a little sicky I bought a 500ml bottle of orange lucozade. I totted my syns up to 17, but upon emptying my college back I realised I hadn't drunk all of my Lucozade - I measured in the jug and had drank a little under 300ml! Meaning my syns for the day equalled less than 13. So very, very pleased with that. :)

My diet has been pretty unvaried today and that's largely due to my fridge and cupboards being unprepared for my rejoining Slimming World. Tomorrow will be a better day!

The main issue I want to work on is not my eating (although that can get tricky!), it's my activity levels. I have 2 children so whilst it's true I spend a good portion of my day on my feet, I don't lay aside any time to do any *real* form of exercise. I decided that I'd start by aiming for the bronze body magic award, as recommended. So tomorrow I shall embark on a 15 minute power-walk with the pram.

I'm very happy to be eating healthily again and am looking forward to the next few weeks! It's such a rush finding out your loss on weigh day, fitting in smaller clothes and feeling healthier in general.

Here's to the new me! :D x

Thank you :)

--------

I am updating from my phone tonight so I'm not sure how this post will format as my phone is a little silly sometimes.

For breakfast this morning I again had a banana (shopping day Friday!), I had a noodle stir-fry for lunch and chilli and rice for dinner - all absolutely free. My friend brought me a bottle of Dr Pepper bless her and so I used 11 syns on that. Another 2 on a cup of tea.

I've yet to do any body magic but I will tomorrow! Have been so busy and tired, I should be able to squeeze in a walk tomorrow, I'm considering getting off the bus early and having a speedy stomp homeward.

I'm freaking out (mildly) over the prospect of sagging skin. I've been viewing tummy tuck and weightloss before/after videos (for longer than I care to admit) on YouTube. I have resolved on all over dry body brushing pre-shower/bath and cocoa butter post shower/bath, as well as ensuring I am adequately hydrated, to try and minimise the dreaded tummy apron. I feel quite positive re: skin tightening as I am 24 (time is still on my side) and even though I thought I had saggy skin (therefore presuming it would worsen), I actually don't. It is just flab and I can hardly pinch any skin at all. Two things work against me, however: I have had 2 children so will still have some form of mummy tummy; I have quite a few stretch marks and so have lost elasticity there. We shall see! Will probs take pics for self comparison in the next few weeks and share if/when I find a change worth doing so.

Day #2 100%. Totally committed. :) bring on weigh day!

Here to subscribe xx found myself relating to your story when u wrote you loathing weight before your wedding then it went to pot. I lost 3st after my second kid bit then when i got married i fell into old habits and put it back on x wouldn't have minded but had maintained for two years too lol x

And as for the tummy and stretch marks im in same boat but i wouldntt worry xx

Have had a successful week! I went one syn over last night BUT we had a Chinese takeaway and I ordered chicken and blackbean sauce for just 5 syns. :) I'm letting it slide as there hasn't been a day that I've had my entire syn allowance and I was only 20 calories over what I should have had. I can't see that affecting my weightloss this week (hopefully. Will deffo blame if I am disgruntled.)

I'm obsessed with wanting to have a decent loss tomorrow! Last time I started I lost 3lbs in my first week so with any luck I'll have another loss like that. I don't want to have just lost 1lb in week 1! The only exercise I've had this week is dancing on Saturday night but it was boiling in that club so should have burned some cals! That night I swapped my fruity cider for 2x diet cokes and a water - and still had a fantastic time. Going to do the 30 Day Shred today and have a quick power walk tomorrow.

Nervous about tomorrow but will update as soon as I know, I leave group at 9pm.
WISH ME LUCK.
xx

Have had a successful week! I went one syn over last night BUT we had a Chinese takeaway and I ordered chicken and blackbean sauce for just 5 syns. :) I'm letting it slide as there hasn't been a day that I've had my entire syn allowance and I was only 20 calories over what I should have had. I can't see that affecting my weightloss this week (hopefully. Will deffo blame if I am disgruntled.)

I'm obsessed with wanting to have a decent loss tomorrow! Last time I started I lost 3lbs in my first week so with any luck I'll have another loss like that. I don't want to have just lost 1lb in week 1! The only exercise I've had this week is dancing on Saturday night but it was boiling in that club so should have burned some cals! That night I swapped my fruity cider for 2x diet cokes and a water - and still had a fantastic time. Going to do the 30 Day Shred today and have a quick power walk tomorrow.

Nervous about tomorrow but will update as soon as I know, I leave group at 9pm.
WISH ME LUCK.
xx

Good luck for weigh in xx i am positive you will get a good result xx

Thank you everyone! After getting up at 6am with an unreasonably poor amount of sleep under my belt I hated the world this morning. Never the less I stuck to plan and did a good bit of body magic as if it might just encourage the scales to tip the right way tonight!

... minus 6lbs!! I am thrilled!! I did not expect that amount at all. Next week I have almost certainly gained my 1/2 stone award. My sw buddy also lost 4.5lbs tonight so we're both well on track for our certificates :)

Tonight I came home after weigh in and for the first time in sw history- I did *not* order a takeaway as a treat. We made some good old stodgy sw burgers. :) I did havd unsyned ketchup and the only superfree was onions but it's still a big thing for me.

Feeling delighted with my loss and motivated to really stick to this and change.

All in 8 weeks I have got married, moved to our dream home and now I am enroute to the new, confident me. Life is bliss. Xx

Thank you everyone! After getting up at 6am with an unreasonably poor amount of sleep under my belt I hated the world this morning. Never the less I stuck to plan and did a good bit of body magic as if it might just encourage the scales to tip the right way tonight!

... minus 6lbs!! I am thrilled!! I did not expect that amount at all. Next week I have almost certainly gained my 1/2 stone award. My sw buddy also lost 4.5lbs tonight so we're both well on track for our certificates :)

Tonight I came home after weigh in and for the first time in sw history- I did *not* order a takeaway as a treat. We made some good old stodgy sw burgers. :) I did havd unsyned ketchup and the only superfree was onions but it's still a big thing for me.

Feeling delighted with my loss and motivated to really stick to this and change.

All in 8 weeks I have got married, moved to our dream home and now I am enroute to the new, confident me. Life is bliss. Xx

Well done xx my first week ends tomorrow lol had two mishaps but still hope for a good loss then hoping my second week will be a first week lol

Well done on your first week weight loss and definitely well done on not ordering a takeaway treat! I used to order a takeaway after weigh in and after a while found that it was more like routine and a habit and became less of a treat. It's still hard to break that routine though so well done xx

Thank you :) Let me know how you do?! Good luck for tonight! xx

---

Today I've been much more happier and motivated than I have in recent weeks. I've done more cleaning than I have been, and have done the 30 day shred work out today. Foodwise I've eaten a peanut butter Hi-Fi for breakfast with a banana and then a mushroom and tomato omelette for lunch. I'm super conscious that I should be worming my syns in somewhere though and as we're having a free quorn chilli for tea, I'm unsure how!

A lady in my group says she has been sticking to plan every week and is only ever losing 0.5lbs per week (She is fairly slim anyway) and our consultant essentially said that if you're not having your syns that your body may be in starvation mode and so will retain the fat as opposed to shedding it. I do normally have 8-ish syns per day so will make sure that I'm having at least 5! I do have one of those chocolate muller corners in the fridge that could do with eating...

Excited about what the scales will say next week :) I set myself a Christmas target of losing 23lbs and now have just 17 to lose by then! Easy peasy. :)

Ohh we do! :) how are you finding Slimming World?

Have done day #2 of the 30DS today. Well tonight, I was nodding off on the sofa and managed to wake myself up enough to do it! In the last 2 days I've logged 45 mins of intense activity and I was only aiming for 45 mins of moderate activity all week!

I really are quite desperate to see results on Monday. I know I can't have great losses every week and that I'm aiming to even out to 2lbs a week shortly, I'd like to get off to a great start with my first few weeks! I'm trying harder than ever but enjoying it!

8lbs away from my first stone sticker and I'm hoping to have lost those in 2-3 weeks. Once I have that I shall aim to lose 2lbs a week.

I am excited that I will almost definitely be in the 17's come Monday weigh in! The lowest I'll have been since having my daughter 16 months ago. X

I couldn't sleep last night for palpitations. I'm not sure if it was because I was so tired when I exercised or because I exercised, showered and went to bed straight away. - Does this happen to anyone else?
I was going to go straight in for completing the 30 Day Shred but have decided instead to have a break today, I've already accumulated enough exercise for this week so if I do it a few more times it's a bonus and not a neccessity :)

Am obsessing over what the scales are going to say on Monday. Not like I want to lose loads and loads but I really don't want to step on the scales for them to say -0.5/-1lbs after I've tried so hard all week. I am upping my exercise, staying to plan and am having between 6-15 syns per day but most days it's 8-10. There are a few ladies in my group that said they lose 0.5lbs every week, despite sticking to plan, and for me to be where I want to I can't afford to do that.

I read the NHS exercise guidelines last night and was shocked when I realised how much they recommend! haha. I thought it would be 30 mins per day, 3 days a week. It was 125 minutes of intense exercise or 250 minutes of moderate as well as 2 lots of strength training every week. I'm debating joining a yoga class to cover one lot of strength training, I've never done it before but heard that it's really relaxing and I can always do with new ways to relax! So this week I have 80 minutes of intense exercise left to do, or 160 minutes of moderate - how do people find time to do that much?! It will be a slow progress, I think. But I'm excited about it. :)

I couldn't sleep last night for palpitations. I'm not sure if it was because I was so tired when I exercised or because I exercised, showered and went to bed straight away. - Does this happen to anyone else?
I was going to go straight in for completing the 30 Day Shred but have decided instead to have a break today, I've already accumulated enough exercise for this week so if I do it a few more times it's a bonus and not a neccessity :)

Am obsessing over what the scales are going to say on Monday. Not like I want to lose loads and loads but I really don't want to step on the scales for them to say -0.5/-1lbs after I've tried so hard all week. I am upping my exercise, staying to plan and am having between 6-15 syns per day but most days it's 8-10. There are a few ladies in my group that said they lose 0.5lbs every week, despite sticking to plan, and for me to be where I want to I can't afford to do that.

I read the NHS exercise guidelines last night and was shocked when I realised how much they recommend! haha. I thought it would be 30 mins per day, 3 days a week. It was 125 minutes of intense exercise or 250 minutes of moderate as well as 2 lots of strength training every week. I'm debating joining a yoga class to cover one lot of strength training, I've never done it before but heard that it's really relaxing and I can always do with new ways to relax! So this week I have 80 minutes of intense exercise left to do, or 160 minutes of moderate - how do people find time to do that much?! It will be a slow progress, I think. But I'm excited about it. :)

Bloody hell i walk every day and still the nhs say more lol x

Back