Kayleighs Lipotrim Diary: lipotrim virgin!!

So tomorrow is the first day of my lipotrim diet. Tonight I went to the pharmacy and got all my vital stats measured. I'm 5"4 and weight 16st 3lbs (103kg). My goal weight is 9st 7lbs (hmmm we'll see.)
I was really excited today to get started, but now I'm feeling really nervous. I suffer from headaches and lethargy quite a lot and am dreading that. Giving up my diet coke addiction is going to be hard, but I'm going to do this!! I've tried so many other diets before, lost a couple of stone, and put twice as much back on again.
Tonight I ate my last supper (as a condemned woman) and tomorrow is the first day of the rest of my life. So...wish me luck :s

ok, so day one is almost done and boy is this hard. I have been feeling very hungry today, and am sick of the sight of water.
I found my strawberry shake at breakfast this morning not too bad, but had a bit of a mishap at lunch. I decided to mix my vanilla shake with hot water and a teaspoon of coffee. I put it all in my shaker and gave it an almighty shake, and my shaker exploded. Not only that, the vanilla shake went all lumpy in the hot water. I'm not sure why. Chicken soup for dinner was okay, but this is going to take some getting used to. The urge to cave in and order a Chinese on a Saturday night is overwhelming.
Last night I got my boyfriend to take some 'before' pictures for me, and boy was I shocked. Luckily these pictures have kept me going throughout today.
I have heard days two and three are much harder, so I am worried. No headaches or lethargy to report so far though, so here's hoping.

Well done Kayleigh

You'll learn to love water :)

I also don't like lumps. I've found the easiest way to make sure there's no lumps if I want my shake hot is to mix it in the shaker with cold water as normal, then transfer to mug and heat in the microwave for 2 mins or so, but keep an eye on it and give it a stir at the minute mark so it doesn't 'boil over'.

I'm not sure day 2-3 are harder, but it's really worth sticking with it to get over the hump and into ketosis, it will be much easier at that point.

Good luck with day 2 and keep letting us know how you're getting on.

Kay x x x

Hi Kayleigh. Welcome to the forum. I did find the first week very hard but the hardest days for me were days 4, 5 and 6. We are all different however so you may sail through with no problems. I did have a few headaches on my first week, you are allowed to take paracetamol and they did help me a bit but I found the best thing was just to get to bed early every night. It does get easier after about a week so please hang in there. Taking a before photo is a great idea, I also took one and wrote down all the reasons why I needed to do this. These helped me to keep going during that first week and they still help now when I'm having a bad day. Take it one day at a time. Today you will be 100% and we'll worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. I only have chocolate shakes and the occasional peanut flapjack. I make my shake up thinner than normal with 500ml of ice cold water, I prefer them thinner and it helps to get through the extra water you need to drink. Well done for getting through day 1.

Hiya, i am also a lipotrim virgin ;) haha how are you getting on now? i just started yesterday and i am hungry but determined not to cave. I also had before pics taken... nearly died! think i have been in serious denial about my weight x

Day two: ok, so day two nearly done, well at least all my meals done. Last night I went to bed with a headache and feeling quite nauseous from the hunger. I woke up this morning with a headache still and did something quite silly. I took a Nurofen, which I then realised, is sugar coated. I hope this doesn't really make a huge difference. Maybe I'm just being extra paranoid. My strawberry milkshake seemed to go down a bit better today and I've managed with the water a lot easier, three litres today!!!
I started to get a bit excited this afternoon, because not only was I not really suffering from hunger today, I also started to get a horrible metallic like taste in my throat. Is it too early to be the start of Ketostis?
I still can't stand the chicken soups and really struggle to get them down. Will swap those for chocolate shakes at my one week weigh in I think. Though to be fair, I don't really enjoy any of it. Five months of eating these is going to be rubbish. Will I start to like them more after time? I still have a massive urge to quit this, I keep thinking 'is being this fat really that bad?' but I know the answer to that!! No Chinese tonight, and tomorrow is another day xxxx

Hi hungry hippo. I'm struggling, but getting there. It's just hard when I think about how long I will have to keep this up. How are you getting on? Xx

Back