Kaysa 96 days until holiday

Kaysa

So I went to a wedding last week. I bought a new dress, bright and floral, I thought I looked pretty good. Photos back today. I look like a roll of carpet. A huge, floral, shapeless blob.

I'm going on holiday in 96 days and don't want yet another holiday where I avoid the camera. So I'm being good. This is day three of my 96-day countdown. I'm doing Exante because I've got loads of sachets in the cupboard already from when I made the same failed plan last year. Also had a couple of Cambridge sachets which I've used up for the last three days (because they taste so much better than Exante) but the last one is gone so it's Exante only. Think I've got just about enough sachets to last until holiday.

This has got to be it. I've put my life on hold for decades because I've always been too fat. I want to start enjoying life - not cancelling nights out with friends because, yet again, I find I can't fit into anything in my wardrobe.

I'm pleased to get to day 3 - 2lbs off and I've already gone from 'morbidly obese' to just 'obese'. I don't want to die young for the sake of a cream bun or jam doughnut - no food is worth that.

So I went to a wedding last week. I bought a new dress, bright and floral, I thought I looked pretty good. Photos back today. I look like a roll of carpet. A huge, floral, shapeless blob. I'm going on holiday in 96 days and don't want yet another holiday where I avoid the camera. So I'm being good. This is day three of my 96-day countdown. I'm doing Exante because I've got loads of sachets in the cupboard already from when I made the same failed plan last year. Also had a couple of Cambridge sachets which I've used up for the last three days (because they taste so much better than Exante) but the last one is gone so it's Exante only. Think I've got just about enough sachets to last until holiday. This has got to be it. I've put my life on hold for decades because I've always been too fat. I want to start enjoying life - not cancelling nights out with friends because, yet again, I find I can't fit into anything in my wardrobe. I'm pleased to get to day 3 - 2lbs off and I've already gone from 'morbidly obese' to just 'obese'. I don't want to die young for the sake of a cream bun or jam doughnut - no food is worth that.

Welcome Kaysa!

It can be quite a shock to see ourselves in photographs looking less than what you expect to and I think this is when a lot of people make the decision to act.

Well done on starting your journey with a firm goal in mind - can lose an awful lot in 96 days! I set myself a similar challenge of 100 days and lost 3 stone in that time.

I wish you the best of luck and hope to see you posting a great first week loss! :)

Kaysa,

I know exactly why you mean. You'll get loads of support on this forum, the girls are great. I'm the same as you don't want to go on another holiday the size I am. Let that be your motivator for every time you feel like giving up. You can do it x

GEG

Hi Kaysa, and a warm welcome. Seeing ourselves on video can be a sobering experience. The camera really does add ten pounds - more like twenty. You think to yourself, did I really look that big? Why did I pick that awful dress? Everyone must have been laughing at me... blah blah. The truth is that only we worry about such things. Even the thinner people on the tape look at themselves and think, omg, LOOK at me! What a mess! LOL.

I've not been here long, myself, and already I'm benefitting from the support and understanding of other members. Good luck! x

Hi Kaysa, how are you getting on?

Good luck Kaysa. Hope things are going well :)

Back