1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

kEBAB ARRGH! SYN VALUE!!

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by RUTHYJ357, 2 February 2008 Social URL.

1. RUTHYJ357

RUTHYJ357 Well-Known Member

Any body know how many syns, if any, is the KOFTE meat in a kebab house. Because its not technically donar kebab
    I wait in anticipation
    Ruthy xxxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. annie_d

annie_d Well-Known Member

Just had this chat with my husband. He is calorie counting and wanted to know. In the end he gave up and is going to cook his own with chicken! I would be interested to know

4. RUTHYJ357

Kofte meat is minced lamb with seasoning so i hope its the same and syn free. I had a chicken kebab from the kebab house last friday-no pitta small dash of mint sauce, salad and it was heaven + i lost 4lbs at weigh in!
    Im not a big meat eater but i do like that meat grr!
    Ruthy

5. RUTHYJ357

Dust ? anyone dust? hellllllllloooooooooooooooooo someone help me
    Ruthy xxx

6. dietingqueen

dietingqueen Well-Known Member

Hi,

I'm not on SW and dont know syn's but if i'm correct the kofta meat kebabs are just mince, grilled on a skewer and than taken off, so other than them being red meat i would think they are quite healthy!

Nas x

RUTHYJ357 likes this.
  7. SkinnyMalink

SkinnyMalink Well-Known Member

I know that without the pitta a Shish kebab is free but apart from that I don't know!!!!

8. RUTHYJ357

Omg guys this is looking promising! well, does anyone know a slimming world consultant who happens to own a kebab shop?
    I wonder ?! do you think there is a chance? nahhhhhhh
    Ruthy xxx

9. RUTHYJ357

Lol btw whats a shesh kebab dur sorry
    Ruthy xxx

10. RUTHYJ357

Bumping Up Thats All, Kofte Kebab Anyone Please Syn Value.....must...............know!
    H E L P ! M E !

11. SkinnyMalink

SkinnyMalink Well-Known Member

A shish kebab is just chunks of lamb or chicken grilled and then thrown into a pitta with salad. As for a kofte I would *think* they'd be free seeing as it is just the meat grilled and then skewered BUT I suppose it all depends what they do with it first ie. with oil etc.

12. RUTHYJ357

Thanks Skinnymalink
    Ruthy xxx

dietingqueen likes this.
  13. RUTHYJ357

There must be someone somewhere who know if it is for sure, the place where i go they flame grill it in front of you, i have asked what they use to flavour their meat but they just said no no no secret recipe, dont get me wrong i could talk the hind legs off a donkey! and my persuasive skills were not put to shame......but i still left none the bloody wiser..........hey there is always this next friday, if i nag and nag they will buckle and give in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    IM evening dreaming of a m ixed meat kebab-------and im not even a big meat eater
    Ruthy xxx

PS. THANKS TO ALL WHO HAVE REPLIED XXX BUT PURLEASE THERE MUST BE SOMEONE!

14. ksmiuk

ksmiuk Well-Known Member

they are free on red if not in bread x

15. RUTHYJ357

Thanks ksmiuk! how did you find out?
    Regards
    Ruthy xxx

16. ksmiuk

ksmiuk Well-Known Member

my leader told us as long as its not fried just done on griddle then its free she saidif your worried about it being unlean meat you could count 5 x

17. RUTHYJ357

Ah brill thanks, dont feel so bad now lol xxx

18. sarahgillian

sarahgillian Well-Known Member

I think I may have one tonight - I'm celebrating as we won the Grand Slam today:bliss:

So I'm :party0036::party0036:

19. RUTHYJ357

WALES ! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES!
    Cymru, Cymru ambyth