Kebab meat?

xClaire84x

What's people's views on this? Ok to have or not? Iv tried googling it and can't really find anything :(.

We usually have a takeaway at weekend lol.

Xx

Seriously???

Seriously???

Yea seriously. Would have posted if I wasn't being serious!!

Some people say ok to have and some say not ok so was asking people opinions!

Xx

Defo not!!

try a chicken kebab make sure it's the one they grill have that with the salad and no pitta. I make up a chicken soup thick as a sauce.

I say no hun, god knows what it's full of lol but I do have a chicken salad kebab, minus the naan bread :D xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Cool :).

Thanks

Xx

Definitely not! High calorie, high fat and generally rubbish!! Not good to have even off diet really. A grilled chicken skewer would be ok but doubt that's what you meant by kebab meat lol

A chicken shish ok because its just grilled chicken breast, doner no because its probably horse meat, lol.

I think people are thinking of doner?

They use a lot of fillers in those types of processed meat products - not just horse (!), but breadcrumbs, sugars, wheat and more. i would steer clear and use your time on S&S to re-educate your palate to like things which are much better for you. Unprocesssed, real food.

Wow really???
To be honest I thought the same thing when I read thread title! You're doing a VLCD programme to lose weight i.e. FAT from you body caused by eating too much for too long and want to know if it is ok to eat a kebab?!!!???? Um no... no it isn't. Maybe that sounds totally unsupportive but some times people need the cold hard truth spelling out or they think that a takeaway every weekend is ok when it really isn't. It's how you got to where we are. If you don't want to do it properly, don't waste your money on VLCD products. If you do want to do it properly, you really REALLY don't eat kebabs...

Doner kebab (meat only) contains 377cals per 100g and 32g fat per 100g average apparently.

To be honest I thought the same thing when I read thread title! You're doing a VLCD programme to lose weight i.e. FAT from you body caused by eating too much for too long and want to know if it is ok to eat a kebab?!!!???? Um no... no it isn't. Maybe that sounds totally unsupportive but some times people need the cold hard truth spelling out or they think that a takeaway every weekend is ok when it really isn't. It's how you got to where we are. If you don't want to do it properly, don't waste your money on VLCD products. If you do want to do it properly, you really REALLY don't eat kebabs...

I think you may have misunderstood my consternation. I was shocked at the 'seriously' remark that I quoted. I think of this forum as a non-judgemental and friendly environment. Whether we agree with each others choices or not, I prefer friendly advice than judgement. I wouldn't eat kebab meat regardless of a vlcd, but I would never try to make someone feel uncomfortable for asking a simple question. We are here to help and support one another. Reactions like 'seriously' are neither of those things.

Back