Keep losing control

courtneysmummy

Trying to lose weight
Hi,

I am Amelia, I'm 28 years old. I have a 9 year old daughter.

I have been on and off dieting for the past few years. My weight has crept up slowly over the years (mainly since I quit smoking). Slimming World seemed to work for me last year but then I messed up and stopped. I have been trying to get back into it although money is tight and I am struggling sticking to plan.

I sometimes feel like curling up into a ball and crying.

I don't need someone to tell me to keep going or anything like that but I do need some support from people other than my family.

I don't have friends (except work colleagues), no close friends or anyone I can actually talk to about things. I don't go out, or drink.

Please someone rescue me!!!! Not literally. I need to do this for myself but especially for my daughter who loves athletics, football, and basically anything sporty.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. I will have a wander in the other forums to see if I can find any good and cheap ideas :) Thanks again.

Amelia

Hi Amelia, I'm sorry you've been struggling a bit. I really hope you find some inspiration here and find people who are going through the same. I don't really have friends either, no one I can really talk to about weight loss or other things so this forum is a life saver in that regard.
I know it's a bit of a struggle at first - but would calorie counting work for you? I am doing a 16:8 diet and calorie count. Costs me nothing, just doing it by myself, motivation can be a little bit hard to find at times, but having gone through someone else weighing me and holding me accountable (on VLCD's) really helped me at first, but now I don't really need that. I have realised that I am doing this for me, so I am the only person I need to answer to!

Best of luck x

Hi and welcome! It is frustrating having no support, my close friends sympathise but then offer a cake in the same breath! It's very difficult. We'll support you in any way you need, just come here and chat to us when you're feeling low. I'd recommend starting a food diary - it stops you over-eating so much when you can see it in black and white. Feel free to have a look at mine for cheap ideas (128 Days To Be Bikini Ready!), I'm doing SW myself without joining because I can't afford it, so always on the lookout for hints and tips!

Good luck x

Thank you to both of you. I know I need to have my head in the right place and I am trying so hard.

Past few days have been really rubbish, I've ate so much junk food it seems unbelievable.

I will add both of you and hopefully manage to get some ideas and tips for writing a diary, eating good food and exercise.

I do walk a lot, and I hope to be able to jog/run soon too. My daughter is an athlete at heart and is constantly on the go. I have no idea where she gets the energy. She eats healthily most times but does have her chocolate etc, but she is skinny, lol.

Lol, I used to have an amazing metabolism when I was younger and could eat as much chocolate as I liked ( I pretty much lived off it at uni!). It's taking time to adjust to thinking I can't have all that anymore, but I'm getting there. That's what I like about SW, the syns mean I can still have sweet treats. You just have to be sensible with your meals and can have something nice then.

Draw a line under the junk food and concentrate on the positives, don't punish yourself for blips ~we all have them. Let me know when you start your food diary , I'm no expert but I might be able to suggest some good swaps etc so you can get the most out of your syns .

Back