Keeping healthy!

Lizaberryman

Hey girls Liza here. So I'm currently 24 weeks pregnant and have gained 16lbs so far! Eek! It it's my first baby and I now want to make sure I don't put too much more weight on!! My aim is to put no more than 2-2.5 stone on. Having lost 2 stone 2 years ago and managed to keep it off I'm finding t a struggle to keep the weight to a minimum now. Anyone else out there in a similar position x

Not going to stick to any particular diet but I am going to eat healthy and drink more water. Have only started this 3 days ago but I feel better already. Breakfast- porridge with a banana and a cup of tea. Mid morn glass of water, lunch- pitta bread with tuna mayo (need some ideas on what else to have in this) dinner- just something light like a chicken or mozzarella salad with a few crackers. Snacks I have some small yoghurts through out the day when feeling peckish and fruit x anyone have anymore ideas on some healthy quick and easy meals x x

I liked those warburtons sandwich thins for lunch used to mainly have ham and cheese salad or turkey salad on them, flapjacks are good snacks and you can make your own too if you want to watch your sugar etc. cereal bars, make sure you're getting enough dairy too, cheese sticks or babybels or cheese and crackers are good snacks,
I calorie counted in my pregnancy and tried to keep between 1700 and 2200 a day, I only put 1 stone on and it was gone 10 days after he was born xx

I actually ate quite alot lol prob something like this

B - bowl of cereal/porridge or fruit and yoghurt
S - ww cake bar
L - 2 warbies thins w butter, turkey, salad, mayo or a ww ready meal, jacket potato, bagel, eggs on toast, omelette etc
S - yoghurt or crackers with dairylea or 2 cheesestrings, or a nesquik milkshake
D - anything, spagbol, pizza, chicken and veg, sausage and mash, curry, lasagne, stew, chili, fajitas, burritos whatever I fancied,
would have a dessert a few nights a week, drank water or full fat coke cus I craved it. Think the best thing to do is eat little and often and don't have massive portions, I mean some days id have 4 mars bars lol but I just tried to be good most of the time and eat properly and not too much crap x

Thanks for that Hun, yeh I'm eating smaller portion but more often which is helping with hunger feeling ect. Hopefully this is a start to a healthy pregnancy even if I am 24 weeks late Lol x

Back