Kelloggs All Bran

Ally89

Gold Member
Ok, I'm confused, my food optimising book says I can have 35g of All Bran as a HEB. When I go to put it on my food diary online it claims the HEB is actually "28g all bran and 1 ryvita multigrain". Anyone know which is right as I have been having 35g as the book states I can have?

I think online it still has the old numbers (please correct me if I am wrong!) I have recently rejoined and my old book has this in it

HTH!

Yeah, I recently rejoined but online, bought the new book and online tells me one thing, the book another (I can't find my old book to check what that says)

It used to be 28g and a Ryvita but a lot of the cereal changed for 2012 and I believe they haven't been very good with updating the values online. 30g is the correct amount.

Lea C said:
30g? I thought it was 35? Please say it is or I've been having too much!!

Sorry typed it wrong yeah 35g is right! Sorry to panic you!

Now I'm scared!... I know my books are a few years old but I been using them and updating from here when I can. My book says a hex b is 28g plus a ryvita or if you just having all bran its 42g. Has it now gone down to 35 or is that if you having ryvita? X

Scared me then, though I'd been having 5g too much!

Its gone up to 35g and no ryvita.

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure I read on here that it was now 35g of All Bran on its own as a HeB. The reason its stuck in my head was coz I always used to have it for breakfast but have now changed to porridge as its more substantial & filling for the amount

sweet pink said:
I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure I read on here that it was now 35g of All Bran on its own as a HeB. The reason its stuck in my head was coz I always used to have it for breakfast but have now changed to porridge as its more substantial & filling for the amount

Woops!! X

im really confused about All bran....online it says ONLY kellogs at 35g (ie no other supermarket versions) or furthe down it says 42g of tesco hi fibre bran. I shop at sainsburys or asda, so does it have to be kellogs or tescos brand??? Also similarly, the puffed wheat used to be 28f puffed wheat and one scan bran. Now, online, its only morrissons puffed wheat and no scan bran? I literally just bought a box of the stuff from another brand!

Im tempted to just say well it worked in the past under the old measurements so Im going to carry on how I used to before the changes! (Until i work my way through it all!)

HEEEEELP

I thought I read in the FAQ's on slimming world that you could replace any branded product with the home brand equivalent

A lot of them are no scan bran and the weights of the cereal have increased to replace it. I don't know I'm so used to the old measurements.

online it says 35g of all bran

in the free branded foods book 2012 it also says 35g all bran.

Not giving that online for me, still 30g and 1 ryvita.

its def 35g, and also says Kellogs All-bran, whilst the other cereals it says Kellogs/other brand......boo. think only kellogs, tesco or co-op listed. which is poo as none of my tescos or co-ops sell it and Kellogs is so expensive!

I havent tried that but really fancied it, but might not bother if its only 30g! Am sad they reduced my two faves ie all bran and weetabix crunchy bran, as I used to buy them especially for the extra grams!

Back