Kerrys S & S diary

CambridgeKez

I've just started today. I previously did CD, lost 2 stone, worked up the steps refeeding & kept it off for 6 months. Then I slipped back into old habits and piled the 2 stone back on over 6 months so now I'm hoping S&S will inspire me to keep it off this time. The final straw came Saturday night whilst getting ready for a party and nothing fit me. I felt rubbish. Fat and frumpy. My mood then effects others around me and it's not fair. My OH is always supportive and he's doing his own breakfasts, dining out at lunch times on sandwich meal deals to help me. I only have to prepare his evening meal. I need to be able to demonstrate self control anyway.

Day 1 - 10st13 - using CD products today until my S & S order arrives tomorrow.
Feeling ok, not as hungry as I expected but keep drinking plenty. Had porridge at 9am. Got soup for lunch & CD bar for tea. I still have some left over CD stuff to use up so may mix n match for first few days. I suppose the main thing is keeping my mind busy. I tend to eat out of boredom and not hunger. Every day is so long at the beginning of a VLCD but I find once I get to day 5 I no longer have hunger pangs and more of a routine. I promise myself I am going to get this 2 stone off and keep it off. My gluttony will not return xxx
Good luck everyone else.

Thanks. Here's hoping. Day 1 almost done, not been as bad as I thought. I think tomora may get worse but got S & S delivery to look forward to when I get home from work. X

Day 2 - I have a metallic taste in my mouth but woke up not hungry at 5am! I remember last time I woke up early too. I reckon I'm going into ketosis already. I did early on last time. My CD consultant tested me on a wee stick in the evening of day 2 and it was dark pink showing signs of ketosis. But to be fair, I eat a low carb diet as not interested in bread, potatoes, pasta etc. My main downfall was cheese & alcohol. Lol.
Just had a text saying my S & S order will be delivered between 1pm & 2pm. Yay. X

Ooo so exciting!! And brilliant hoe your body has already adjusted!! Xx

Day 2 - I have a metallic taste in my mouth but woke up not hungry at 5am! I remember last time I woke up early too. I reckon I'm going into ketosis already. I did early on last time. My CD consultant tested me on a wee stick in the evening of day 2 and it was dark pink showing signs of ketosis. But to be fair, I eat a low carb diet as not interested in bread, potatoes, pasta etc. My main downfall was cheese & alcohol. Lol. Just had a text saying my S & S order will be delivered between 1pm & 2pm. Yay. X

Kinda day 2 for me too.. Had the weekend off... No headache yet.. I tend to get into ketosis fairly quickly too so fingers crossed for tomorrow!

Have a good day... Sounds like you've had a good start! :)

I had bit of headache yesterday but it went when I drank more water. I'm forever back and forth to the toilets. Gonna wear the office carpet out!
Good luck all, these forums are great for support. X

Starting on 3 S & S products today & protein meal. I'm excited. Small things eh ...

Breakfast
2 eggs, 100g mushrooms & baby bel light to make omelette. I don't like milk so having baby bels instead. I am really looking forward to this
Lunch
Curried chicken noodle soup
Dinner
Spag Bol with remaining 100g mushrooms & extra garlic powder & herbs
Snack
S & S Truffa bar with black coffee watching TV tonight.

Copious amounts of water too.

This all sounds so much better than the measly 3 boring packs a day in CD. I swear I cannot eat porridge again. EVER

Good luck everyone today & tomora & beyond.

Sounds like a great Wednesday menu!
I'm rubbish at making omelettes but wish I could as I love them!! Really need to learn!
Good luck today! Xx

When I switched from cambridge I fretted that my losses wouldn't be as good because I felt I was having so much more. But my losses are much the same. Sammy's are more I think? Those 3 packs. Blah. Was so hard. Wait till you try the bars kez. Tho I warn you. They are addictive x

Oh god. In a chocoholic too! I wondered if losses would be the same. That's good to know. The soup was ok. Much better than CD. Pleasantly surprised. But the omelette was a OMG moment. I will look forward to brekky everyday. Lol. X

Ps. Think I'm def In ketosis now. I remember this filmy taste in mouth last time and no hunger at all. Although I'm drinking tons. X

Hi yep so far my losses have been more than CD, Marie was right. I probably waivered off the path more on CD too due to its strictness.

Well done so far hun! Sounds like you're in ketosis now so that's always a nice relief!!

Xx

Day 3 done. Feel like I've cheated with this new plan. It's so much better than CD. Having 3 products and meal feels naughty. Had the spag Bol for tea. Ok it's not like homemade spag Bol but my god it's miles better than another boring shake. I felt like I had something to sit down with hubby to eat. Had last product of prauline bar with brew whilst watching corry. All in all a great day.
Day 4 tomora. Bring it on

Good luck all & thanks for your support and comments. X

Well done kez. Yeah I too couldn't believe the difference a small meal makes. I take mine to work and my colleagues are none the wiser I'm on a VLCD. Before I was hiding cambridge bar wrappers. I was also v sceptical about wether the weight would come off as quick. But it does :). I was climbing the walls on those 3 cambridge packs. Plus I'm fussy so only liked a few products and was bored. This plan isint easy but it's definately easier x

You are spot on Marie. I haven't told anyone at work from my experience last year on CD. People all frowned at it and gave every reason against it. So this time I've kept it to myself. People have been trying to force sweets, choc, cake etc on me and I've just said I'm detoxing till Xmas. And with me eating my omelette in front of them I've had no questions asked. I didn't even wanna say I'm dieting because I'm sure this turns everyone into feeders. Anyway day 4 was really good. No hunger, headaches or anything. Had my parents for tea. I cooked them the same as hubby (fish cakes & mushy peas) and I had spicy spaghetti with mushrooms which was nice to sit down with them. It didn't matter I was eating different food. They are all supportive of me on this diet as they know how depressed/ frustrated I get with the extra weight. Day 5 now. Feeling the most energetic I've felt all week this morning. Hubby and I are going to do some Xmas shopping tomora so that'll be nice. X Hope your on top form too xxxx

Hi there - I was the same - I'm in week seven and still only a handful of people know in doing this diet. I started with only my hubby knowing for the first week then told my best friend but told others I was being good and cutting down on snacking and naughty bits, then it wasn't until week five that I actually divulged a few more people into what I'm doing. But now that I'm so 'in it' and the results are becoming noticeable the people I have told can't frown on it because they can see it's clearly working. I've not passed out. I'm not starving. I'm happy, and getting happier every week with the scales dropping!! Xx

Yeah I agree Sammy. Aren't you doing well. What have you lost in the 7 weeks?
I often feel some of the "frowners" are jealous and wish they too could shift a few lbs. I don't recall any skinny minnies giving me negative comments last time.
I will be on the S & S for another 6 weeks based on my losses on the CD last time then I will begin the refeed mixing it up.
I think when people start noticing my weight loss this time I'll just say I'm on a low carb diet and that way I ain't lying and the jealous ones can think what they like.
Like you, I feel much better already. Bloatedness had gone and the fact I'm doing something I know will make me happy has given me a positive outlook. Also, it's not forever. The thought of weight watchers losing a lb a week at best for months or even years on end is torture. And the fact all foods are allowed used to make me binge at times. My sugar levels were always up and down, often having the shakes.
This diet may be tough, but not having hunger pangs or the shakes as well as having amazing weight losses is much more appealing. Xxxx

That's so true!! I would make all wrong decisions on ww and eat a whole packet of Jaffa cakes or something!! One or two never hit the spot! I think after this diet I will genuinely stay low carb as I do think my body is effected by them. I've done calorie counting and struggled to lose, so am wondering if it's the carbs that are getting in my way!!

My mum says people are jealous of the ability of sticking to something so rigid and strict.

I started at 13st, 7lbs. And last Sunday's weigh in was 11st, 6lbs. So just over 2 stone in 6 weeks. I'm now on week 7 and will weigh in on Sunday.
In the 6 weeks I had a cupcake at my daughters christening. And I had an almond biscotti. (If you read my diary you'll see the funny stupid reasons as to why! So daft!).
I'm losing more than I did on Cambridge so far but I know it'll start slowing down soon. (And to be fair I had a few mini breaks from Cambridge as it interfered with my social life! I have less of a social life now due to my little angel! Lol).

Back