• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Ketogenic Foods

Hi all!

This week I'm doing SS+ simply because I've been ill, so been having my small meal in the evenings.

What I'm wondering is why there are a couple of low fat, ketogenic (trace to no carb) foods and flavourings that aren't mentioned in the handbook? For example:
  • Olive oil
  • Salmon
  • Mustard
  • Soy Sauce
  • Tabasco Sauce

I was wondering about duck too, but I'm guessing it's because a lot of British duck can be quite fatty.

Anyone shed any light on this, or has asked their CDC about any of them? If it's not in the book I won't be having it, but couldn't really understand why they weren't listed.

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

spangles

Bouncy Castle
salmon and olive oil will be because of the fat content (CD doesn't allow even healthy fats), and soy sauce will be because salt/sodium makes you retain water.

can't help on the other two.

Tabasco especially confuses me having come from LL where it was one of only four additions allowed - salt, pepper, tabasco and tablet sweeteners!

Vis-a-vis olive oil: is it really that fatty in small quantities? I wouldn't have thought it was much worse than balsamic vinegar, which is on the allowed list, but I'm certainly no expert!

spangles

Bouncy Castle
we aren't allowed salt either!

olive oil is pure fat. balsamic vinegar has zero fat, but some carbs. obv all these things depend on quantity.

I did wonder when I didn't see salt mentioned in the ingredients. I'd only ever use salt in soups anyway and CD's soups are salty enough!