keto's Low Carb Diary

Ketoveggie

Felt like I should start a new diary as I am no longer using Exante products. S0. . .

My diet is/has changed drastically from vegetarian to vegan then back to veggie - Now after a lot of soul searching I added chicken to my diet as I have been really struggling with a very low iron count and the iron tablets cause me no end of health problems. So it is what it is. I do not eat any red meat and never will I just can't bear the thought of it. Anyway, waffling.

Using the Exante products taught me that a low carb diet works well for me, the weight drops off easier than with any other diet I've tried before and I feel healthier for it too. The only thing I struggle with is variety and getting a good nutritional balance. I want to lose weight, yes, but maybe more then that I want to be healthy. I've cut out sooo much crap from my diet in the last 10 - 11 days that my body seemed to go through some kind of detox and I did feel crappy ( like I was dying crappy) for a while, I'm coming to the end of that now (fingers crossed) and I'm hoping to feel the benefits soon and to see my health improve.

Out: Sugars in as many forms as I can manage including alcohol, fruits, breads, carbs(obv) and I've replaced them with things like:
In: Turmeric, Cinnamon, Raw Garlic, Coconut oil ( C /water, C/ milk, & C/ flour) I take lots of supplements too. I still struggle to get the recommended amount of water in me but I'm trying to improve that.

I hope that by keeping this diary it will keep me focused and on track.

I think the biggest hurdle for me is to keep my mindset focused, things like thinking of a glass of wine or some chocolate is a 'treat' when I know for a fact neither of them agree with me anymore, and I will probably end up with IBS symptoms the next day. So I have had to kick myself and ask, How is that a treat? lol

I think I shall mostly use this diary for keeping tabs on my daily food intake in the hope I will become more varied in my diet choices and perhaps for just getting the random thoughts out of my head.

29/11/18 - WEEK 1

First thing: Glass of water with a tbsp. ACV

Breakfast: Golden(ish) milk ( Hot coconut milk, I/2 tsp Turmeric, 1/2 tsp Cinnamon, pepper ( can't be doing with mixing coconut oil into it so I have that separate off a spoon)

Lunch: Had a go at making pancakes with coconut flour. A total disaster. Looked like curdled milk, so had to resort to mixing in a bit of plain flour. Made two small ones and squeezed fresh lemon juice over the top.

Tea: Will be having a chicken breast with loads of green beans cooked in butter and garlic.

Supplements: Vegan multi vit, probiotic, echinacea, clove of raw garlic sliced with a glass of coconut milk.

I have no idea how many calories that is, possibly not enough when I look at it written down. I don't want to focus on the calories too much, having more protein than I'm used to is very filling.

I will dig out the Keto sticks in a few days and see whats, what.

Hi there I’m coming off Cambridge and favouring a low carb diet so thought I’d pop in to follow x

Hey skydragon,

I really do believe that low carb is the way forward. Best of luck with it. :)

Hi I'm trying something similar myself, maybe not quite as strict as you. But good luck.

Hi Elsa,

I don't mean to be so strict with this diet and I know my daily consumption needs work, it's just that I struggle to find a good balance and tend to get a bit extreme with it all. I'm hoping that I will be able to pick up some good eating habits and low carb recipes from my fellow members. Any tips or suggestions would be gratefully received. I'm determined to crack the trick of using coconut flour so I can make food that resembles 'carbs' lol. The very best of luck to you too. x :)

Last edited:
30/11/18 - New start weight

11st 9lb

Which is a gain of 4lb from the weight I lost by using Exante and after I let things slip a bit. I think I gained more than that initially and have lost some this last week, but the battery went in my scales and I've just replaced it today so I'll never know!! :classic_big_grin:

Well done on your initial weight-loss :)

Like you, the only meat I eat is Chicken, I've not had any other meat for a very long time.
I'm doing calorie counting but I always like to check my carbs at the end of each day to make sure I'm doing ok. I use the My Fitness Pal app. I log absolutely everything on there and it shows me how many carbs I've had as well as protein and fat.

Not been on here for ages. Weight crept back on. Went beck onto Total solution, today is day 9 and I'm feeling dreadful!
Suffering with a full on heavy cold. I cant remember the last time I had one.
Read a lot about Keto flu, remember having a few crappy days last time I was in Ketosis but nothing like this. Ugh!!

6/06/19
Weight as of Today: 11st 11lbs
Normal weigh in -Tuesday

Nice to see you back on here posting :)

Well done on completing the first 9 days. Hopefully your flu like symptoms will go quickly.

Thanks! :)

Your stats are looking fab.

Feeling a lot better today. Was a horrible cold, felt really sorry for myself lol. Over it now and still in ketosis. Yay!

Thanks! :)

Your stats are looking fab.

Feeling a lot better today. Was a horrible cold, felt really sorry for myself lol. Over it now and still in ketosis. Yay!

Thank you. I am doing really well, just trying to get rid of my holiday gain and then I'll be back on track :)

Glad you are feeling better. When is your next weigh in?

11/06/19 - Week 3

11st.10lbs

A pound off this week. I'm happy enough with that.
I made the mistake last time I was on TS of letting it get me down when weight loss stalled or was not very much. I can see that I'm looking smaller and I'm sticking with the plan. Looking forward to this week.
I've included some pancakes with my next order so hopefully they will be a nice change.

I read somewhere on the Exante site that due to an EU directive they will be changing the TS from 600cal to 800cals. Did anyone else read that? I can't seem to find the article now.
I'm sticking with the 600 for now. I've had so much energy these last couple of days. I've used a pedometer from day one of the diet and it really does help to push me to be more active. I've also incorporated more toning exercises this time round.

11/06/19 - Week 3

11st.10lbs

A pound off this week. I'm happy enough with that.
I made the mistake last time I was on TS of letting it get me down when weight loss stalled or was not very much. I can see that I'm looking smaller and I'm sticking with the plan. Looking forward to this week.
I've included some pancakes with my next order so hopefully they will be a nice change.

Well done hun, 1lb off is great :)

Have to say, Exante pancakes are really tasty.
So far I have only liked the Sweet n Sour in their 'food' range. Will be adding the pancakes to the list. It can get a bit boring having the same thing over and over. I also have Yogurts but not tried them yet.
Was feeling quite slim yesterday until I had a visit from my Mother, bless her! :classic_roll_eyes:

Yogurts - The two I've tried so far are absolutely disgusting. The peach flavour wouldn't thicken and the Raspberry flavour tasted like pure salt. Very weird. Won't be ordering again, total waste of money.

18/06/19 - Week 4 - Food week

11st.8lbs

Down 2lbs from last week. Tricky week, family get together and a slip up with Carbs kicked me out of Ketosis but was back in within a day. Really surprised with that, I thought I would be suffering for days to get re-established. Did have a couple of hunger pangs but back on top of it now.

Not sure what to do with this 'food week' I perhaps should have given it more thought in week 3. Happy enough to carry on with 3 packs, so will either add milk to a pack or two or maybe include some fish and cheese. Just going to wing it for now.
Fingers crossed for my first stone off by the end of this week.

Back