ketosis advice please? think ive let myself down :(

LaurenLouise89

hi everyone, this is my first post on this website! this is my 3rd day on cambridge diet. i didnt know about 'ketosis' my counseller didnt explain that part very well tbh. anyway my first few days were so sooo hard im used to eating all day every day, im a snacker! start weight of 14 stone 2 lb and height of 5'5'. anyway ive been trying to drink 3 litres of water a day and stick to the three packets of food, a shake for breakfast and soups for lunch and dinner. but im so hungry and ive had the odd bit of food here and there nothing bad like chocolate and sweets but i had a piece of brown toast with butter on the other day and last night i had a few mouthfuls of pasta. i feel so angry with myself i thought it was ok because i was sort of 'weaning' myself off food alltogether but then i read about how you need to go cold turkey with food for 3 or 4 days and you will go into ketosis and the hunger pans arnt so bad once you reach that stage- now i feel ive stopped that process by eating! does this mean starting today will be like starting fresh again and it will take another 3 or 4 days to reach it?? aghh im an idiot!!!

thanks for any advice!!

xx

Hi Lauren, this is my first week too.. Im on day 4. Me and my friend just had the exact same discussion. She had popcorn last night haha and she was saying that she has now messed up her ketosis so from what I gather, if you eat anything, regardless of what it is, its like starting again the next day. :(

I do think it gets easier though, keep it up! Its only my fourth day but I have to admit I am finding it pretty easy. The only thing I am missing is physically putting food into my mouth and chewing it if that makes sense. Im having a shake for breakfast and another for lunch and then a soup for dinner. I've had urges but so far haven't given in. I got a lot more to loose that you, im 19st7lb so im trying my hardest to stick it out for as long as poss.

x

Ketosis is over rated. I've fell off the wagon 4 times in 2 weeks, never been in ketosis yet and still lost 9lbs. I tried to get into ketosis and was more hungry than ever before. Don't beat yourselves up over it, just pick yourself up and start again x If SS is too hard think about SS+ thats what I am on.

Hi I m on day 4 and finding it difficult too, I've been drinking water and black tea through the hunger pangs, its really hard tho, don't beat yourself up just try get back on it, its low calorie anyway so Will Defo lose x x

Ketosis is not necessary to lose a good steady amounts of weight a week simply eating less and moving more will do this.
Ketosis is for people who have that bit of weight that won't shove no matter how hard they try. By making you're body target fat stores for fuel is much more efficient conveniently.
its not made for a long term weightloss plan but can be used effectively often if you dip in and out of ketosis long term.

Karrinnae said:
My CDC actually told me that ketosis isnt that important and that people shouldn't be hung up on it. Lets be honest here, we all know it, its the amount of calories you put in and the amount you put out. Its the same for any diet imo.

With the amount of calories we are eating surely there is no way to fail

That's what I've heard too -- ketosis is just a tool and the benefits are that you soon enough don't feel the hunger pangs and have a burst of energy. But it's not crucial to Cambridge or any other diet in order to lose weight. It's just a perk!

thanks guys feel better about that now then, as i cheated a bit in first week only lost 4lb and a total of 5 1/2 inches off my body 2 of which was my tummy though so was quite pleased :) decided to go onto soul source plus from now on and its made it alot easier for me xx

Back