ketosis after cheating

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by kikuka, 21 August 2008 Social URL.

1. kikuka

kikuka Tequila makes miaow happy

Start Weight:
    17st1lb
    Current Weight:
    10st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Lost(%):
    6st4lb(36.82%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    I had a planned day off yesterday after feeling so fed up with SS, and it has done me good, I feel renewed and on the advice of my CDC will be trying 810 for a few weeks to try and restart my metabolism. Here's my question - yesterday i had a panini, some crisps and a little scampi (no chips though-resisted them) and to my surprise I am still firmly in ketosis? How is this possible? Dont worry, I am not going to take this as permission to cheat as I know I wont get away with it twice!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

some people are just lucky, others can get knocked out even with just a little carbs xxx

4. Gemma1986

Gemma1986 Im just me!

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11.5lb(5.9%)
    You must be very lucky ,i always fall out of this if i dont keep uo with my water .

5. Bunnyg

Bunnyg Determined

hmm, this is actually a bit worrying for me as I need to come out of ketosis before I drink on holiday as I know how dangerous it is to drink in ketosis. However, that's not your problem, so I would just take it as a good thing this time and good luck with getting back on the straight and narrow x

6. kikuka

kikuka Tequila makes miaow happy

Start Weight:
    17st1lb
    Current Weight:
    10st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Lost(%):
    6st4lb(36.82%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    Thanks Guys, I normally get kicked out straight away too, but my body and mind have been in a wierd place recently, starving hungry even if I am deep in ketosis and 6 litres down. Weight loss has slowed down to a pound a week on SS and i cant seem to kickstart.
    I am taking this as a lucky break and keeping on pushing. Hopefully it will start again for me now.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.