Ketosis and anti biotics

sealy27

Good evening lovely ladies and gents,

Does anyone know if antibiotics effect being in ketosis?!

I've had my 3 CD meals today, as i did y'day...and both times i've checked it shows negative for ketosis??

I'm abit baffled as I can't understand why?

I'm toying with the idea that it could be the bars also? I noticed that other than Peanut and Cranberry...the others have a shopping 25 carbs per bar!!!

So i've only had peanut flavour today, plus soup and Tetra bric...really don't understand why i'm not in ketosis?!

Sorry to ramble on!!

Any ideas would be appreciated?!

Thanks, sealy x

Forgot to say...I'm on antibiotics! lol x

It could be the coating on the anti-biotics. I think i read somwhere that they could take you out of ketosis, but i am not 100%. Maybe try doing a search for antibiotics on here, i'm sure there will be plenty of threads about it (i think i posted one myself last year).

I wouldn't trust the ketosis sticks, someimes they show a negative result when you're in ketosis (also you're more likely to get a negative result if you test at the end of the day because your urine is more diluted). I think you should contiune as you are (maybe having less bars) and see how you get on.

Is your CDC aware that you are on anti-biotics?? I was told that you should be doing the the 1200cals plan if you are any medication.

Sorry i cant be of much help xx

hiya, thanks for your reply :eek:)

Yes, CDC knows i'm on Antibiotics - i had a minor op last week...so ahd to add a meal!

Thanks again x

Back