Ketosis and General Anaesthetic??

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Purdey, 10 February 2008 Social URL.

1. Purdey

Purdey Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st1lb
    Current Weight:
    15st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hi there
    I've to have a fairly minor operation on Tuesday but i'll be having a general anaesthetic for it, would it be dangerous or unwise for me to be in ketosis for this?

Thanks

Purdey x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

not sure what about if you ring ur cdc tomorrow? i cant see it been a prob but then again im no expert. hope your op goes ok :)

4. cora xxx

cora xxx Full Member

Diet:
    cambridge diet
  5. cddietgal

cddietgal Full Member

Hiya
    I had a minor operation back in october ,it was only a little cycst taken from my forhead.I had decided to start ss a couple of weeks before,whe I got the appt through my CDC said I had to come of the diet immediatly and couldn't restart for a cuple of weeks after(which actually turned into 3mths but thats another story LOL)

I am sure a CDC will be along soon with beter advise but I am sure you can't SS whilst having an op

HTH Cddietgal x

6. Purdey

Purdey Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st1lb
    Current Weight:
    15st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Thanks Girls x x

7. Hedgemag

Hedgemag Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Diet:
    Cambridge
    You should not be SSing if you have an op coming up, or for 3 months after.
    Does your CDC know about your operation?

8. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

no operation that involves general anaesthetic is "minor" ... they may use that word to distinguish from "major" but all such operations have an element of risk. Eat some protein and some sensible carbs as soon as you can because you are going to have to avoid food before the anaesthetic for (??? how many is it again?) 12 hours. Try to get your glycogen levels up as soon as you can

9. icemoose

icemoose The Diet Guy

Diet:
    Don't diet anymore!
    Official guidance is that you should be on a higher programme than a VLCD before the operation and then no diet for 3 months after the operation.

Hence you shouldn't and won't be in ketosis if you are on the 1500 programme.

Mike

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.