Induction Ketosis and ketostix and extra fibre

Just wondering can your ketostix show (pink or purple) but instead of you being in ketosis are they actually to do with the high fat intake you've had that day? Was just curious, i know sometimes they don't work for everyone but I just thought could they be reading pink when you are not in ketosis?

And what's a good fibre supplement? I need a little extra roughage. Xx

Flax is great for fibre, or psysellium husk capsules if you prefer a supplement.

A high intake of fat can help bring on ketosis faster I believe but it's not a false positive as such, it's just helping things along. Not certain on this one but I have heard it mentioned relating to very high doses of coconut oil.

Ketones are a by product of ketogenosis - when you restrict carbs, yr main fuel switches from glucogenosis (carbs) to ketogenosis and there for uses stored body fat as fuel - u can't get a positive ketone reading without being in this physiological process. Diabetics will produce ketones when they don't have enough insulin to utilise carbs- fatty free acids come in as secondary fuel mechanisms. Also people who haven't been eating ie: morning sickness, poorly etc will produce ketones. Hope this helps - basically if your carbs are too high you will be in glucogenosis if there restricted you'll be in ketogenosis - simples!

Back