Total Solution Ketosis and the dentist's

StarCrossed

Mmm that sounds like the title of a kids book?
Right, so I'm on day 3 of TS and in ketosis now (huzzah!) the thing is I'm in the middle of some pretty hectic dental work (dental implants, veneers and whitening) and I have a few more appointments left. During these usually have injections and they make my heart race a little (think its more out of the pain than anything I think). Is it advisable to knock myself out of ketosis for these appointments or should they be ok?

Thanks!!

I'd advise you to ask your dentist and see if being in ketosis would pose as a risk. I shouldn't think so as long as you've drunk a lot of water and had say a bar beforehand as that's quite filling.

The heart racing is caused by the adrenaline in the local anaesthetic injection.

I wouldn't think that being in ketosis is going to cause any issues with your dental treatment.

By the way, I am having an implant placed on Tuesday, and I also plan on whitening when it's all finished :)

How are you finding your treatment so far?

Ahhh phew! Thought so. Treatment is going well. Long time coming though, only 26 year old girl I know that lacks two front teeth!!! It all kicked of in Decrmber so I'm keen to get it all finished and start beaming at people :D

Let me know how yours goes!! :) xxx

Hi there

Had my implants placed yesterday. Face very swollen and sore today..........so, hoping it will be worth it in the end!! :D

Ooooh it's sore? I thought they just screwed them in and yay!!! Ahhh so excited for you :) I had my trays made for my white ing treatment today. I have to do that and veneers before my implants are placed but I'm getting sooooo impatient now :)

Ooooh it's sore? I thought they just screwed them in and yay!!! Ahhh so excited for you :) I had my trays made for my white ing treatment today. I have to do that and veneers before my implants are placed but I'm getting sooooo impatient now :)

I'm sure your dentist will explain it all to you first - but implant placement is a surgical procedure, and swelling and pain are almost inevitable.

I'm fine really, just sore and bruised. I made it into work today at least - which I didn't yesterday after the procedure.

Please don't worry or be put off - it will be worth it - but it's good to know what to expect! :)

No crowns yet, just the titanium screws.

Need to wait for 6 months now for the implants to ossify.

How long did your procedure take? Mine was over 2 hours - and I'd had more than enough by the end of it! :eek:

Ahhh mine have ossified now so I'm about two/three weeks from having the final crowns fitted.

Mine took about an hour and a half/two hours and I felt like PANTS afterwards. I am pretty good with the dentist (I had a filling yesterday with no injection etc) but that was a hardcore procedure. It does get better pretty quickly though and I think being on Exante will help (all the liquid food!)

Mine have ossified after about 3 months so it could be quicker :)

Good to hear that it gets better quickly - I still feel horrible today and my face is so bruised!!

Glad that your treatment is going well - it will be worth it in the end!! :D

My original plan was for an implant on the other side - for a heavily filled molar, that is starting to crumble - not sure that I could go through that again though!!!

Yeah I've had three done but they are all front teeth. I had a wisdom tooth extracted in the process and I actually found that more traumatic than the implant placement AND it took 5 minutes!!!!

I'll let you know how the placement goes as I've got 2 other gaps I would potentially get implants but am seeing how these ones go first :)

Back